PDA

View Full Version : Harsey on the beach ;)

PiterM
05-24-2008, 16:56
Harsey H-Class Tanto I mean! It's with me everywhere, everytime...

Yeah, you're right! I'm just back from the holidays :D

Peregrino
05-25-2008, 20:15
Are you bragging or just rubbing everybody else's nose in it?:p

PiterM
05-26-2008, 13:56
or both? I'd love to photograph other Bill's knives, but I don't have may of them :p

Seriously... I'd like to be able to take some "in the battlefield" kind of pictures, but let's face it, I'm NOT professional solder. Just a friend of Bill, Chris, Martin (hope I can say so) and a bunch o other great guys known here. If it [my photos] is too much for anyone... hey, just tell me so.

Oh, below remaining "on the beach" pic's I've taken last week, just to give you an idea what "kind of sand" it really is ;)

See you soon guys in the Pit :D

Dub
05-26-2008, 14:18
That knife is definitely better looking than 50% of the women you will see on most beaches :D

Ambush Master
05-26-2008, 14:34
or both? Seriously... I'd like to be able to take some "in the battlefield" kind of pictures, but let's face it, I'm NOT professional solder. Just a friend of Bill, Chris, Martin (hope I can say so) and a bunch o other great guys known here. If it [my photos] is too much for anyone... hey, just tell me so.
See you soon guys in the Pit :D

Piter,

I do consider you a friend also, and as for your pics, they are superb as always and very welcome here!!!

Take care, & I'll see'ya in a few days!!!:D

Martin

Gypsy
05-26-2008, 15:22
Very nice pics, and awesome looking knife.

For a moment there I thought we were going to see Mr. H striking a pose. :D

PiterM
05-26-2008, 15:29
Ohhhh... such a picture could kill the lens on my camera when taking it... let's not go there :p :eek: :D

Sean King
06-25-2008, 06:38
Harsey H-Class Tanto I mean! It's with me everywhere, everytime...

Yeah, you're right! I'm just back from the holidays :D

Hey PiterM,
I sent you a PM but I guess you haven't seen it.

Can you tell me the blade length of the Harsey in your pics? Looks like a 7", but just want to make sure before I place an order.

Thanks,
Sean

SF_BHT
06-25-2008, 06:49
Hey PiterM,

Can you tell me the blade length of the Harsey in your pics? Looks like a 7", but just want to make sure before I place an order.

Thanks,
Sean

Consider this the First and Last reminder. Re-read your e-mail and comply NOW. Fill out your profile and post a intro in the correct place and search and read before you post again. You can apologize when you post your intro properly....
:munchin

The Reaper
06-25-2008, 07:58
Hey PiterM,

Thanks,
Sean

You need to follow instructions and read your registration message, as well as the rules and stickies.

Do not post again till you have.

TR

Sean King
06-25-2008, 12:54
My sincerest apologies. I have now filled out my profile and posted in the intro thread. I had my reasons for not doing so previously....if you are interested, I'm sure you can read the other thread.

In any case, just wanted to say "sorry".

Sean

PiterM
06-25-2008, 14:53
it's the shorter one, I believe it's 5.5" blade. cheers!

echoes
06-25-2008, 16:39
Very nice pics, and awesome looking knife.

Concur, that pic is awesome! Can only imagine the different uses for that blade in that environment...

And well, have yet to see a knifemaker, "strike a pose!" :D
(Not that it would be a bad thing...:o)

Holly

Sean King
06-25-2008, 17:05
it's the shorter one, I believe it's 5.5" blade. cheers!

Thank you very much for the information. The article I read in American Handgunner on Mr. Harsey's H-class knives said it was only 4.7" in the tanto blade***EDIT***4.7" for the smaller blade, 7" for the larger one.**** The blade size of your knife looks perfect to me. Now the only question is: is the magazine article actually correct about the shorter blade's length. ;)

I appreciate the reply. Hope you don't mind me asking or sending the PM.

Take care,
Sean

PiterM
06-26-2008, 13:44
Just measured my knife - the blade lenght from the point where grind begins to the very tip is exactly 5.7" (five.seven inch). Fron the point where the actual sharp edge begins to the tip is 5.5 inch. The total lenght of cutting edge is 5.75 inch.

No idea why they said 4.7", that was NOT CORRECT, sorry :munchin

Sean King
06-26-2008, 21:33
Just measured my knife - the blade lenght from the point where grind begins to the very tip is exactly 5.7" (five.seven inch). Fron the point where the actual sharp edge begins to the tip is 5.5 inch. The total lenght of cutting edge is 5.75 inch.

No idea why they said 4.7", that was NOT CORRECT, sorry :munchin

PiterM,
Thank you VERY much for that information and for taking the time to measure. :) It really is very much appreciated.

When I read the article and it said the shorter blade was only 4.7", I was thinking, "Dang, that's really a lot shorter than what I want....but 7" is a little bigger than I wanted too".

As I said earlier, the proportions of your H-Class look to be perfect to me. To be honest, I've always had a real passion for steel work, be it knives, tools, tube structure, welding, machining, etc....just metal in general. Just been fascinated by it. I have a lot of knives I've collected over the years and I'm usually not much of a 'tanto' blade guy, but this one just looks perfect. I'll likely never use it to its fullest potential....there's just something about a well made knife with the proper heft to it, good balance and a real quality steel that will hold an edge.

I contacted Mr. Harsey via email on his website on Monday. I'm assuming he's very busy and doesn't have a lot of free time to answer those emails about ordering his knives.

Do you mind taking a guess as to how long it generally takes to get one of Mr. Harsey's custom knives once you place the order?

I don't recall seeing a phone number to contact him on his site (I'll check in a moment)....is it preferable to contact that way instead of by email? I plan to wait until early next week before contacting him again.

Again, thank you SOOO much for taking the time to measure and for posting up the information.

Take care,
Sean

Air.177
06-26-2008, 23:27
PiterM,
Thank you VERY much for that information and for taking the time to measure. :) It really is very much appreciated.

When I read the article and it said the shorter blade was only 4.7", I was thinking, "Dang, that's really a lot shorter than what I want....but 7" is a little bigger than I wanted too".

As I said earlier, the proportions of your H-Class look to be perfect to me. To be honest, I've always had a real passion for steel work, be it knives, tools, tube structure, welding, machining, etc....just metal in general. Just been fascinated by it. I have a lot of knives I've collected over the years and I'm usually not much of a 'tanto' blade guy, but this one just looks perfect. I'll likely never use it to its fullest potential....there's just something about a well made knife with the proper heft to it, good balance and a real quality steel that will hold an edge.

I contacted Mr. Harsey via email on his website on Monday. I'm assuming he's very busy and doesn't have a lot of free time to answer those emails about ordering his knives.

Do you mind taking a guess as to how long it generally takes to get one of Mr. Harsey's custom knives once you place the order?

I don't recall seeing a phone number to contact him on his site (I'll check in a moment)....is it preferable to contact that way instead of by email? I plan to wait until early next week before contacting him again.

Again, thank you SOOO much for taking the time to measure and for posting up the information.

Take care,
Sean

It takes as long as it takes and it costs what it costs. Trust me, It's worth it in the end.

A friend of mine bought me a knife as a gift recently. She commented that she had to study it and weigh options for quite a while as it had been a significant purchase (financially). She then picked up My Harsey Knife and made a comment about how much she liked it and asked what it cost? I told her. She put it back in the sheath and set it down and quickly moved on to the next topic of discussion.

Good times,
Blake

Sean King
06-27-2008, 07:02
It takes as long as it takes and it costs what it costs. Trust me, It's worth it in the end.

A friend of mine bought me a knife as a gift recently. She commented that she had to study it and weigh options for quite a while as it had been a significant purchase (financially). She then picked up My Harsey Knife and made a comment about how much she liked it and asked what it cost? I told her. She put it back in the sheath and set it down and quickly moved on to the next topic of discussion.

Good times,
Blake

Blake, thanks for the comment.....I didn't ask what it costs though. I have a general outline from the article.....but I'm sure the price varies based on what you are getting. I'll get that information from Mr. Harsey when I place the order.

I was only wondering if the wait was 2 years, like a custom Randall is. I just have no idea what kind of backlog Mr. Harsey has and was hoping to glean a little first hand experience from someone with one of his knives.

Thanks,
Sean

SF_BHT
06-27-2008, 07:30
When I bought one from Bill he had it in the mail in 2 days after he engraved it. Normally I think if they are built they would be out in 2 weeks or less but that depends on availability.

Just my 2cents as to my experience with him.

He may be a little busy right now growing peppers/Aji's:cool:

Sean King
06-28-2008, 09:39
When I bought one from Bill he had it in the mail in 2 days after he engraved it. Normally I think if they are built they would be out in 2 weeks or less but that depends on availability.

Just my 2cents as to my experience with him.

He may be a little busy right now growing peppers/Aji's:cool:

Growing peppers? :confused:

Sean

The Reaper
06-28-2008, 12:04
Growing peppers? :confused:

Sean

Search button not working?

TR

Sean King
06-28-2008, 13:13
Search button not working?

TR

Apparently not for me. ;)

I searched under "Peppers" using Bill Harsey's name....I get 12 and 9 page threads respectively wherein somewhere I'd assume he posted something about peppers, but was hoping for perhaps a friendly dialogue relating the story or at least the abridged version.

I then searched under Mr. Harsey's profile and went back to April without seeing anything he'd said on the subject, though I could have easily missed it.

My apologies for asking at all....I withdraw the question.

Take care,
Sean

SF_BHT
06-28-2008, 14:57
Apparently not for me. ;)

I searched under "Peppers" using Bill Harsey's name....I get 12 and 9 page threads respectively wherein somewhere I'd assume he posted something about peppers, but was hoping for perhaps a friendly dialogue relating the story or at least the abridged version.

I then searched under Mr. Harsey's profile and went back to April without seeing anything he'd said on the subject, though I could have easily missed it.

My apologies for asking at all....I withdraw the question.

Take care,
Sean

Growing peppers is an inside Ref and only those in the loop would understand... Bill and TS knows what I mean...:D

Sean King
06-29-2008, 09:40
Growing peppers is an inside Ref and only those in the loop would understand... Bill and TS knows what I mean...:D

Gotcha. :)

Thanks,
Sean

brianksain
05-08-2009, 09:50
Whewwee ... the title of this one scared me ... and I ain't scared of nothin'.:p

The Reaper
05-08-2009, 10:13
Whewwee ... the title of this one scared me ... and I ain't scared of nothin'.:p

Visual of Bill in his banana hammock and a light coat of oil too much for you?:D

TR

Team Sergeant
05-08-2009, 12:31

We think alike.

I saw there was an attachment to this thread before I opened it and it scared me, I thought I was going to require therapy for PTSD......