PDA

View Full Version : militarybootrepair.com

That Guy v2.0
05-19-2008, 18:46
If anyone is looking for an alternative to having their boots worked on for selection take a look at www.militarybootrepair.com

They offer services on both standard black leather boots and desert boots as well.

I bought a new pair of black wellco jungles and had them sent off for toe and heel cup removal. Also resoled with the Vibram New Runner and rebuilt with the EVA midsole.

I was really surprised by the weight reduction when they came back. Jungles are fairly light to begin with but the rebuilt boot came back much lighter. The quality of the work was good.

I was so excited when my new toy got here that I went out for a quick 2 miles to try them out and promptly came back with 2 blisters...lol. This is only because the boots are not broken in yet and is no reflection on the work. They are presently getting the Neats treatment as recommended here.

This is my first experience without toe and heel cups. No toe cups felt fine but no heel cups felt strange. Almost like I didn't have as much support in the ankle area. I relaced with the normal pattern and it felt better but I can see how some QPs commented about maybe not removing them. Time will tell.

another bat boy
05-25-2008, 17:41
I used this service last year for selection and was unimpressed. The craftsmanship left something to be desired IMHO, and the price was double what it cost to get it done at FBNC. In addition, the boots I used in selection had the toe cups removed via the Letherman tool method out of necessity. When your feet start to ache and your walking through the woods your toes are going to kill you. Without the toe cup your toes will have no protection and thus will take a beating. Just an observation.