PDA

View Full Version : 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne) warrant officer receives MacArthur Award

Dan
05-16-2008, 13:22
1st Special Forces Group (Airborne) warrant officer receives MacArthur Award

FORT LEWIS, Wash. (Sine Pari, May 16, 2008) – The General Douglas MacArthur Leadership Awards were presented on May 14, 2008 to 28 Army Officers at the Pentagon by U.S. Army Chief of Staff George W. Casey.

Chief Warrant Officer Robert Hunt assigned to the 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne) at Fort Lewis, Wash. was recognized as one of the finest leaders in the U.S. Army when he was presented the General Douglas MacArthur Award.

Hunt, the only active duty warrant officer selected for the award, stated that receiving the award is “humbling.” He went on to say "I personally felt overwhelmed to have been selected. When you look at the people that are past winners it hits you what my superiors thought of me. The name Douglas MacArthur means a lot."

The road Hunt traveled to be recognized was long and arduous. In the First Special Forces Group, Chief Hunt has served on separate deployments to Afghanistan, the Philippines, and Iraq. Among his credits on his latest deployment to Iraq were advising two Iraqi battalions.

However, the dedication to his men may be Hunt’s greatest attribute. Wounded on two separate occasions on his recent tour in Iraq, Hunt continued to fight. He was evacuated to Germany after his vehicle struck the second IED. Against the advice of Family and doctors, Hunt insisted he be returned to Iraq to finish the tour of duty with his Special Forces team.

Hunt said any success can be found in those he works with.

“You aren’t anything without the people around you,” said Hunt. “I don’t think it’s me. I’ve been fortunate to work with people who brought out the best in me.”

The General Douglas MacArthur Leadership Award recognizes company grade officers who demonstrate the ideals General MacArthur stood for - duty, honor, and country. The award promotes and sustains effective junior officer leadership in the Army.

25 company grade officers and three Warrant Officers were selected for the presentation of the 21st Annual General Douglas MacArthur Leadership Award.

--sine pari--

JJ_BPK
05-16-2008, 13:46
Chief Warrant Officer Robert Hunt assigned to the 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne) at Fort Lewis, Wash. was recognized as one of the finest leaders in the U.S. Army when he was presented the General Douglas MacArthur Award.

My Congratulations to Chief Hunt..

Go For Broke
05-16-2008, 13:47
Second one from the 1st Group.

Thanks for posting Dan.

V/R,

naccout
05-16-2008, 14:13
Wow, Congratulations to him and glad he's doing well.

"Hunt insisted he be returned to Iraq to finish the tour of duty with his Special Forces team."

Encouraging to say the least.

austinsf
05-16-2008, 14:53
Congratulations, Chief, that's great!

Go For Broke's right, the legendary Chief P was also an active duty warrant when he was awarded this in 2000. Another 2/1 officer got it in '06, MAJ D. On a side note, I saw CW2 Goldsberry from 19th Group was another SF Warrant recepient, congratulations. I've only personally met him once, and he seemed like an extremely sharp and solid individual. It's good to see SF well represented when it comes to acknowledgement of great leadership.

Team Sergeant
05-16-2008, 15:28
"Hunt insisted he be returned to Iraq to finish the tour of duty with his Special Forces team."

Encouraging to say the least.

Encouraging, maybe, but it's very SF.

Congrats Chief Hunt!

TS

docholiday161
05-18-2008, 01:41
Congrats Cheif, you embody the true SF soldier's spirit

Dan
05-18-2008, 06:23
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/05/army_awards_051708w/

Ceremony held for MacArthur Leadership Awards
Posted : Saturday May 17, 2008 10:25:57 EDT

The 2007 MacArthur Leadership Award ceremony was held Wednesday at the Pentagon. The ceremony, hosted by Army Chief of Staff Gen. George Casey, recognized 28 company-grade officers. The award celebrates the ideals for which Gen. Douglas MacArthur stood: Duty, honor and country. It is designed to promote and sustain junior officer leadership in the Army. The 2007 recipients comprise 13 officers and one warrant officer from the active Army, six officers and one warrant officer from the Army National Guard, and six officers and one warrant officer from the Army Reserve.
Active component

Capt. Jared A. Crain, Training and Doctrine Command. When selected, Crain was an infantry company trainer, National Training Center, Fort Irwin, Calif.

Capt. Michael S. Daversa, Installation Management Command. When selected, Daversa was commander of the Fort Gordon Military Police Company, Fort Gordon, Ga.

Capt. Christopher J. DeMure, Army Forces Command. When selected, DeMure was commander of Company B, 2nd Battalion, 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, N.C.

Capt. Daniel C. Enslen, U.S. Army Europe and 7th Army. When selected, Enslen was an observer and controller at the Joint Multinational Readiness Center, Hohenfels, Germany.

Capt. Brian D. Gilbert, Army Forces Command. When selected, Gilbert was serving in Iraq as commander of Company D, 1st Battalion, 15th Infantry, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division.

Capt. James T. Golby, Army Pacific Command. When selected, Golby was commander of the Headquarters Support Company, 25th Special Troops Battalion, 25th Infantry Division, Schofield Barracks, Hawaii.

Chief Warrant Officer 2 Robert J. Hunt, Army Special Operations Command. When selected, Hunt was the assistant detachment commander of ODA 164, Company C, 2nd Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), Fort Lewis, Wash.

Capt. Eric Jacobson, Army Special Operations Command. When selected, Jacobsen was the operations officer for Headquarters, 2nd Battalion, 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne) Fort Campbell, KY.

Capt. Daniel P. Kearney, U.S. Army Europe and 7th Army. When selected, Kearney was serving in Afghanistan as commander of Company B, 2nd Battalion (Airborne), 503rd Infantry Regiment, 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team.

Capt. Edward E. Kennedy, Army Forces Command. When selected, Kennedy was serving in Iraq as commander of Company B, 1st Battalion, 22nd Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division.

Capt. Bradley J. Maroyka, Training and Doctrine Command. When selected, Maroyka was serving as commander of Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 5th Ranger Training Battalion, Dahlonega, Ga.

Capt. James W. Uptgraft, U.S. Military Academy. When selected, Uptgraft was the assistant course director for military science, Department of Military Instruction, Staff and Faculty, West Point, N.Y.

Capt. Julian T. Urquidez, Army Forces Command. When selected, Urquidez was deployed in Afghanistan as commander of Battery B, 3rd Battalion, 27th Field Artillery Regiment (HIMARS), 18th Fires Brigade (Airborne), Fort Bragg, N.C.

Capt. Scott D. Wence, Army Forces Command. When selected, Wence was commander of Company C, 1st Battalion, 16th Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Riley, Kan.
National Guard

Capt. Shawn M. Fuellenbach, Utah Army National Guard. When selected, Fuellenbach was operations officer for the Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, I Corps Artillery, Riverton, Utah.

Chief Warrant Officer 2 Robert K. Goldsberry, Utah Army National Guard. When selected, Goldsberry was the assistant detachment commander, 19th Special Forces Group (Airborne), Draper, Utah.

Capt. Joy L. Grimes, Missouri Army National Guard. When selected, Grimes was commander of the 3175th Military Police Company, Warrenton, Mo.

Capt. Jeremy T. Hopkins, Florida Army National Guard. When selected, Hopkins was commander of Company D, 2nd Battalion, 124th Infantry Regiment, Eustis, Fla.

Capt. Douglas P. Kolb, Wisconsin Army National Guard. When selected, Kolb was commander of Company B (MAINT), 132nd Brigade Support Battalion, Mauston, Wis.

Capt. Jeramy A. Miles, Illinois Army National Guard. When selected, Miles was commander of Battery A, 2nd Battalion, 123rd Field Artillery, Milan, Ill.

Capt. Wyatt W. Welch, Oregon Army National Guard. When selected, Welch was commander of Headquarters Support Company, 1249th Engineer Battalion, Salem, Ore.
Army Reserve

Capt. Roger J. Govaert, 94th Regional Readiness Command. When selected, Govaert was commander of the 325th Transportation Company, 334th Quartermaster Battalion, 316th Expeditionary Sustainment Command, Brockton, Mass.

Capt. David J. Green, 81st Regional Readiness Command. When selected, Green was serving in Afghanistan as a legal adviser for the 12th Legal Detachment.

Capt. Rosa Jimenez, 94th Regional Readiness Command. When selected, Jimenez was serving as an observer and controller for the 2nd Battle Command Training Group, 2nd Brigade, 75th Division, Bristol, R.I.

Capt. Andrew J. Kocsis, 81st Regional Readiness Command. When selected, Kocsis was adjutant of the 1188th Terminal Transportation Battalion, U.S. Central Command Container Management Element, Kuwait.

Capt. Thomas Manion, 95th Division (IT). When selected, Manion was commander of Detachment 1, 1st Battalion, 390th Regiment, 4th Brigade, 95th Division.

Chief Warrant Officer 2 Matthew S. Pearce, 89th Regional Readiness Command. When selected, Pearce was maintenance officer for the 243rd Quartermaster Battalion, Kuwait.

Capt. Robin M. Ruybal, Army Reserve Medical Command. When selected, Ruybal was serving as commandant of Headquarters and Headquarters Company, Army Reserve Medical Command, Pinellas Park, Fla.

SF_BHT
05-18-2008, 09:54
Congrads Chief!!!!!

Chairborne64
05-19-2008, 14:56
I saw all the recipients coming into the Pentagon that day in their Class "A"s as I was doing my morning Infil. They were all very impressive and I was glad to see several QPs in the bunch.

deanwells
06-07-2008, 17:47
Great Job Chief!!!!!