PDA

View Full Version : Could McCain be a one term President because of age?

Sdiver
05-14-2008, 08:31
If McCain were to elected POTUS in November, he would be 71 years old. (DOB 8/29/1936).

Do you think that his age issue, and many of his health issues as well, would make him a one term President?

Thoughts ???

Ret10Echo
05-14-2008, 09:13
I've seen 36 year olds that couldn't organize a trip to the bathroom and I've met 80+ year olds with more on the ball than the average bear.

That being said, the job he is seeking seems to run people through the wringer.

Proper management of any current or future health-related issues would not preclude a second term. The first one is the one that will determine that. From what I have read, anger management may be more of an issue than other things :rolleyes: http://www.csbsju.edu/USPP/Default.htm

I lifted this from a reference:

ROBERT MUGABE, 84, president of Zimbabwe, 28 years in power

KING ABDULLAH , 84, king of Saudi Arabia, 12 years in power

GIRIJA PRASAD KOIRALA, 83, prime minister of Nepal, two current years in power

ABDOULAYE WADE, 81, president of Senegal, eight years in power

HOSNI MUBARAK, 79, president of Egypt, 26 years in power

SHEIKH SABAH AL AHMAD AL SABAH, 78, emir of Kuwait, five years in power

RAUL CASTRO, 76, president of Cuba, two years in power, including unofficially

MWAI KIBAKI, 76, president of Kenya, five years in power

MANMOHAN SINGH, 75, prime minister of India, four years in power

THAN SHWE, 75, chair of Burma’s military junta, 16 years in power

ZonieDiver
05-14-2008, 11:04
If McCain were to elected POTUS in November, he would be 71 years old. (DOB 8/29/1936).

Do you think that his age issue, and many of his health issues as well, would make him a one term President?

Thoughts ???

Ronald Reagan was about 2 weeks shy of his 74th birthday when he started his 2nd term as POTUS (DOB 2/6/11). Personally, I'd have been willing to see him start a 3rd term - and he would have been about 2 weeks shy of his 78th birthday by then.

I heard about a Frenchman who looked at our current 3 candidates and labeled them thusly; a B_tch married to an A_ _ Hole, an A_ _ Hole married to a B_tch, and a genuine war hero married to a hot blonde with big boobs. He asked, "How can you have a problem choosing?!"

Guy
05-14-2008, 13:46
I lifted this from a reference:

ROBERT MUGABE, 84, president of Zimbabwe, 28 years in power

KING ABDULLAH , 84, king of Saudi Arabia, 12 years in power

GIRIJA PRASAD KOIRALA, 83, prime minister of Nepal, two current years in power

ABDOULAYE WADE, 81, president of Senegal, eight years in power

HOSNI MUBARAK, 79, president of Egypt, 26 years in power

SHEIKH SABAH AL AHMAD AL SABAH, 78, emir of Kuwait, five years in power

RAUL CASTRO, 76, president of Cuba, two years in power, including unofficially

MWAI KIBAKI, 76, president of Kenya, five years in power

MANMOHAN SINGH, 75, prime minister of India, four years in power

THAN SHWE, 75, chair of Burma’s military junta, 16 years in powerI would have lit your ass on fire for presenting the above...

Show me where the media has, freedom of speech?

Stay safe.

Philkilla
05-14-2008, 14:14
I heard about a Frenchman who looked at our current 3 candidates and labeled them thusly; a B_tch married to an A_ _ Hole, an A_ _ Hole married to a B_tch, and a genuine war hero married to a hot blonde with big boobs. He asked, "How can you have a problem choosing?!"

:D

If anything, that bolsters my already firm decision.

I don't think his age should be an issue; he is (presumably) a wise man, and should already know a thing or two about taking care of himself.

The latter should confirm that his marriage behind closed doors is going good as well.

kgoerz
05-14-2008, 15:50
Proper management of any current or future health-related issues would not preclude a second term. The first one is the one that will determine that. From what I have read, anger management may be more of an issue than other things http://www.csbsju.edu/USPP/Default.htm

Unlike Al Gore who had temper issues. McCain seems to lose his temper when he has to deal with idiots or other BS. Al Gore lost his temper when he didn't get his way. A big difference in my book.

ZonieDiver
05-14-2008, 19:10
Only thing I think Reagan was suffering from Alzheimer's by the end of his second term.
:D

Maybe they should all have a "slight" case of Alzheimers then. By my recollection, he was still doing pretty well, as was the USA, at that time!

Kyobanim
05-14-2008, 19:51
I think the 25M target here is getting elected the first time.

Ret10Echo
05-15-2008, 04:54
Unlike Al Gore who had temper issues. McCain seems to lose his temper when he has to deal with idiots or other BS. Al Gore lost his temper when he didn't get his way. A big difference in my book.

....This is Washington brother. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a stack of idiots.......

Guy
05-15-2008, 05:23
....This is Washington brother. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a stack of idiots.......New sig line right here....

Stay safe