PDA

View Full Version : New Yorkers: World Science Festival 2008.

CPTAUSRET
05-08-2008, 09:12
Should be an interesting event. There are a great many more speakers listed, I stopped at Nancy.

World Science Festival May 28 - June 1, 2008 New York City

Alan Alda

Six-time Emmy Award Winner
Actor, Writer & Director

Alan Alda is a six-time Emmy Award–winning actor, writer, and director. He has interviewed hundreds of scientists from around the world as host of PBS's long-running program Scientific American Frontiers, and received the National Science Board’s Public Service Award for his efforts in broadening the public’s understanding of science. read more

Nancy Andreasen

Andrew H. Woods Professor of Psychiatry, University of Iowa
Director, Iowa Mental Health Clinical Research Center

Neuroscientist Nancy Andreasen is well known for her pioneering work using MRI imaging to explore mental illness and the neural bases for artistic creativity and innovation. She is the author of several books including The Creating Brain: The Neuroscience of Genius and is the Andrew H. Woods Chair of Psychiatry at the University of Iowa. read more

Penn
05-08-2008, 16:57
Does this mean you will be in NYC?

CPTAUSRET
05-08-2008, 18:31
Does this mean you will be in NYC?

Indeed it does, do not know our schedule at present though. It would be great to link up, I'll have to get back to you.

Penn
05-08-2008, 20:21
That would be great! Let me Know and I'll hook up one of those 48oz Prime Dried Aged Porter house Steaks. You can bring your own wine if you like, if you checked the wet/dry thread on your last post you know my preference...