PDA

View Full Version : T.O.P. Army Fighter

BravoAlpha
04-24-2008, 02:45
Has anyone else seen the 3 episodes of T.O.P. Army Fighter?

Mentionable:

SO1 Dale Wooden
TAF Record: 5-1; 2 submissions, 2 decisions, 1 DQ

SSG Tim Kennedy
TAF Record: 4-0; 3 submissions, 1TKO

kgoerz
04-24-2008, 04:25
Been watching it on the MC down here. Some pretty good fighters. I wasn't expecting the Army to let their Fighters actually pummel each other without protective equipment. But they did. Kind of like the early days of UFC.

MVS2
04-24-2008, 08:51
Kennedy's fights were pretty solid - very efficient and looked calm and in control of himself in all his matches. There was another one too, a PFC I think in the lightweights that was pretty impressive too, a Latin guy.:rolleyes:

jbour13
04-24-2008, 11:48
Kennedy's fights were pretty solid - very efficient and looked calm and in control of himself in all his matches. There was another one too, a PFC I think in the lightweights that was pretty impressive too, a Latin guy.:rolleyes:

Not sure what the Rolling Eyes emoticon at the end is for......does it matter if he's "latin". To me he's a Soldier, and at that one with some damn good skills.

Back on track......I think that SOCOM has a "no competing" stance as of now for any Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine that is under the command. I've a SSG 18C in the company that is pretty good at MMA, and is stuck training and not competing. He made a few bucks before it was taboo.

I can see the reasoning, and I'm on the fence as to the benefit, and the consequence (which does have bigger implications).

krod
04-24-2008, 12:39
I had heard the no competion thing, but there is a guy in my company fighting and its pretty high profile to think maybe they won't see, maybe he's got a waiver

jbour13
04-24-2008, 14:23
I had heard the no competion thing, but there is a guy in my company fighting and its pretty high profile to think maybe they won't see, maybe he's got a waiver

If you would be so kind to send me a PM, I'd like to help out my guy and get them to link up and see what they could hash out.

Thanks

MVS2
04-24-2008, 14:41
does it matter if he's "latin". To me he's a Soldier, and at that one with some damn good skills.

That was a reference point, and it was obviously clear to you who it was. Also, question marks are used at the end of sentences that contain questions. ;)

BravoAlpha
04-24-2008, 15:07
Isn't SSG Tim Kennedy a QP?

Dan
04-24-2008, 15:34

If you can't find this type information publicly available elsewhere, then we're not telling the public on our publicly accessible forums. Get the picture?!?!

jbour13
04-24-2008, 17:42
That was a reference point, and it was obviously clear to you who it was. Also, question marks are used at the end of sentences that contain questions. ;)

does it matter if he's "latin"? To me he's a Soldier, and at that one with some damn good skills.

English lesson understood......now answer the question. Does it matter?

Let me explain myself since you think that I have to. I am not clear as to what it is you were inferring by placing the rolling eyes emoticon at the end of the sentence. :confused: Does the use of that emoticon serve a fine example or am I mistaken in it's use?

I'm wondering, because maybe you are implying his South of the Border orientation would give him the upper hand, since you know......those Crazy Gracie kids are so good. Or by chance did you intend it some other way?

OK I need more prcise qualificatio of this conveyor belt............

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=193828#post193828

Perhaps practicing what you preach would do you some good.

The Reaper
04-24-2008, 19:44

That is the next to final straw. Crip has been too nice, and you are not getting it.

Sit down and have a big cup of STFU.

You are obviously not going for the "gray man" approach, contributing nothing here, and have become a significant annoyance. Much more and I will go to Camp Mackall, if you make it that far, and personally follow you around. At the very least, I will tell the cadre to keep a close eye out for you.

Stop posting for 30 days.

If you post again before 24 May, I will ban you, your IP, and your entire zip code.

A response is neither requested, nor desired. That is all.

TR

MVS2
04-25-2008, 09:03
does it matter if he's "latin"? To me he's a Soldier, and at that one with some damn good skills.

English lesson understood......now answer the question. Does it matter?

Let me explain myself since you think that I have to. I am not clear as to what it is you were inferring by placing the rolling eyes emoticon at the end of the sentence. Does the use of that emoticon serve a fine example or am I mistaken in it's use?

I'm wondering, because maybe you are implying his South of the Border orientation would give him the upper hand, since you know......those Crazy Gracie kids are so good. Or by chance did you intend it some other way?"

I appreciate your explanation above .

No, I was mistaken in its use - the rolling eyes was used out of its appropriate context, it seemed to me they signified curiosity (first time seeing the show and was checking it out, thus the use of the rolling eyes), and has nothing to do with the fighter's Latin orientation. I appreciate your explanation above.

Also, on the subject of implications - people make inferences, not implications.

To answer your question, does it matter? Not much.

Surgicalcric
04-25-2008, 09:06
Enough with the English lessons. If you two want to bicker about internet protocol and the correct usage of grammar take it to PM.

Questions? I didnt think so.

Crip