PDA

View Full Version : CNN a Chinese Suck-up...So Sorry, So sorry

3SoldierDad
04-16-2008, 05:23
I find it interesting how quickly our liberal media is ready to pucker-up and kiss the butt of Chinese gov't thugs. I also find it amusing how laughably naive the Chinese really are - They want to behave like "goons" and then they expect to be loved by people around the world. It's interesting how the liberal media sucks up to power.

Imagine all the other folks that could use a CNN apology. Why the Chinese?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

CNN tells China it didn't mean to cause offence
Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:13am EDT

"It was not Mr. Cafferty's nor CNN's intent to cause offence to the Chinese people, and (CNN) would apologize to anyone who has interpreted the comments in this way," CNN said in a statement.

BEIJING (Reuters) - CNN said it did not mean to cause offence when one of its commentators said the Chinese were "goons" and that their products were "junk".

Jack Cafferty made the comments earlier this month on CNN's political program, The Situation Room, prompting an angry demand from China for an apology. "It was not Mr. Cafferty's nor CNN's intent to cause offence to the Chinese people, and (CNN) would apologize to anyone who has interpreted the comments in this way," CNN said in a statement.

CNN said Cafferty was offering his "strongly held" opinion of the Chinese government, not China's people, adding that he clarified the point on Monday. Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu condemned the "evil attack" by CNN on the Chinese people.

"Cafferty used the microphone in his hand to slander China and the Chinese people, and seriously violated reporting ethics," she said.

Cafferty had said the United States imported Chinese-made "junk with the lead paint on them and the poisoned pet food", adding: "They're basically the same bunch of goons and thugs they've been for the last 50 years."

China came under international scrutiny following a series of food and product health scares last year. It says the vast majority of its products are safe and has accused Western media of over-hyping the problem.

China has lashed out at Western media organizations, including CNN in recent weeks following unrest in Tibet, accusing them of running distorted reports, siding with pro-Tibet independence groups and of demonizing China.

Posted by Three Soldier Dad...Chuck

RPicart
05-08-2008, 16:16
I find it interesting how quickly our liberal media is ready to pucker-up and kiss the butt of Chinese gov't thugs. I also find it amusing how laughably naive the Chinese really are - They want to behave like "goons" and then they expect to be loved by people around the world. It's interesting how the liberal media sucks up to power.

Imagine all the other folks that could use a CNN apology. Why the Chinese?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

CNN tells China it didn't mean to cause offence
Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:13am EDT

BEIJING (Reuters) - CNN said it did not mean to cause offence when one of its commentators said the Chinese were "goons" and that their products were "junk".

Jack Cafferty made the comments earlier this month on CNN's political program, The Situation Room, prompting an angry demand from China for an apology. "It was not Mr. Cafferty's nor CNN's intent to cause offence to the Chinese people, and (CNN) would apologize to anyone who has interpreted the comments in this way," CNN said in a statement.

CNN said Cafferty was offering his "strongly held" opinion of the Chinese government, not China's people, adding that he clarified the point on Monday. Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu condemned the "evil attack" by CNN on the Chinese people.

"Cafferty used the microphone in his hand to slander China and the Chinese people, and seriously violated reporting ethics," she said.

Cafferty had said the United States imported Chinese-made "junk with the lead paint on them and the poisoned pet food", adding: "They're basically the same bunch of goons and thugs they've been for the last 50 years."

China came under international scrutiny following a series of food and product health scares last year. It says the vast majority of its products are safe and has accused Western media of over-hyping the problem.

China has lashed out at Western media organizations, including CNN in recent weeks following unrest in Tibet, accusing them of running distorted reports, siding with pro-Tibet independence groups and of demonizing China.

Posted by Three Soldier Dad...Chuck

Have you read about the Chinese people now trying to sue Chafferty in connection to the story you posted? All of this is ridiculous.

I don't see why an apology is needed when, personally, I feel what he said is spot on. I think every American, especially us who are parents, hold his view. Just my two cents.

http://www.reuters.com/article/televisionNews/idUSPEK30866720080424

I personally think that CNN apologized because of advertising revenue/media revenue - The CNN we get here in the UK: CNN International is FULL of Chinese advertising for the Chinese tourism industry.