PDA

View Full Version : Who is this?


Smokin Joe
05-13-2004, 19:52
While in Mexico recently I noticed a few locals wearing shirts with this guys face on it. Additionally I noticed tourist Gringos wearing those cheesie temporay tattoos of this guys face. Can anyone ID who it is?

I'm not 100% certain who it is so this is more of a question I have, than a quiz for you.

The Reaper
05-13-2004, 19:54
The famous and newly popular image of one each Ernesto "Che" Guevara de la Serna.

TR

Smokin Joe
05-13-2004, 19:58
Originally posted by The Reaper
The famous and newly popular image of one each Ernesto "Che" Guevara de la Serna.

TR

Thats who I thought it was.

Thank you Reaper.

Anyone know why this guys image is becoming popular?

Again a question I have, not a quiz

Matt
05-13-2004, 20:00
Deleted

The Reaper
05-13-2004, 20:08
Originally posted by Smokin Joe
Thats who I thought it was.

Thank you Reaper.

Anyone know why this guys image is becoming popular?

Again a question I have, not a quiz

Kids. Rebellion against authority. Searching for heroes. Handsome young man of means who died before ruining the myth. The photo and image is famous.

TR

The Reaper
05-13-2004, 20:13
Good story, plausible explanation.

http://www.time.com/time/time100/heroes/profile/guevara01.html

SF was there when he was killed, BTW.

TR

Kyobanim
05-13-2004, 20:38
Originally posted by Smokin Joe


Anyone know why this guys image is becoming popular?


NDD's making a killing off of those shirt :D

The Reaper
05-13-2004, 20:49
The People's Revolutionary!

Viva Che!

TR

Roguish Lawyer
05-14-2004, 00:34
Boy, NDD must be really busy . . .

The Reaper
05-14-2004, 06:34
I was thinking the same thing, but I got him covered, regardless.

TR

SITH
05-15-2004, 16:14
I've googled my butt off but can not find a duplicate of the following picture. At first glance I thought this picture was Che. He bears a close resemblance to him but the eyepatch is throwing me off. I can not find a picture with him having one. Is this a "rigged" pic or is my google weak and it's someone else?

The Reaper
05-15-2004, 16:29
Fake!!

TR

Kyobanim
05-15-2004, 16:29
Originally posted by SITH
I've googled my butt off but can not find a duplicate of the following picture. At first glance I thought this picture was Che. He bears a close resemblance to him but the eyepatch is throwing me off. I can not find a picture with him having one. Is this a "rigged" pic or is my google weak and it's someone else?

That's from a guys web site. It's his picture with the eyepatch and beret. I'm looking through book marks to find it.

Key West
05-16-2004, 01:41
THE poster child of the ever romanticized People's Revolution. A brand unto himself...Thanks to his early death...Hey, look what it did for James Dean, Bruce Lee and Jimi Hendrix.
I often wonder how Che would be viewed today if he had not gotten the firing squad. Given the track record of his amigo Fidel I'd chance to guess that Che would not be lauded as quite the "hero" that he has been from grave.

DanUCSB
06-05-2004, 20:05
The truth comes out!

No wonder 8th Grp. pulled him out of the jungle... he sparkled.

Isn't this one of your boys, NDD? :D

Kyobanim
06-05-2004, 20:17
Nice photochop!

Max_Tab
06-05-2004, 21:21
I seem to remember some book by an SF guy who was an advisor and was down there for the capture and the execution. Anyone know what book i'm talking about, or who it was.

TR

That was your time frame wasnt it? Was it you?:D

The Reaper
06-05-2004, 21:26
Originally posted by Max_Tab

TR

That was your time frame wasnt it? Was it you?:D

Hmm, I would have had to have joined the Army in 1966 to have made that trip, and I would have 38 years on AD now.

I don't think so, but I would have loved to have seen it.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
06-05-2004, 21:28
Not SF, but are you thinking of Felix Rodriguez?

Max_Tab
06-05-2004, 21:29
Oh, my bad ;)

For some reason I thought you were older

The Reaper
06-05-2004, 21:29
I think the book you referred to is:

Rodriguez, Felix I., Shadow Warrior, Simon and Schuster Inc., 1989

TR

Max_Tab
06-05-2004, 21:32
Originally posted by The Reaper
I think the book you referred to is:

Rodriguez, Felix I., Shadow Warrior, Simon and Schuster Inc., 1989

TR

I think that's it, I read it a long time ago when I was a kid, and that's the only thing I remember from the whole book.

NousDefionsDoc
06-05-2004, 21:40
Originally posted by DanUCSB
The truth comes out!

No wonder 8th Grp. pulled him out of the jungle... he sparkled.

Isn't this one of your boys, NDD? :D

Ya'll better knock that shit off. First of all, The People don't like those references to El Comandante and playing with his image. Second - 8th Group became C/3/7, the last unit I was in. And number 3 - Can any of you play piano 1.100th as good as Liberace could?

DanUCSB
06-05-2004, 22:12
Originally posted by DanUCSB
No wonder 8th Grp. pulled him out of the jungle... he sparkled.

Isn't this one of your boys, NDD? :D

Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Second - 8th Group became C/3/7, the last unit I was in.

Coincidence? I think not!

Air.177
06-05-2004, 22:36
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Ya'll better knock that shit off. First of all, The People don't like those references to El Comandante and playing with his image. Second - 8th Group became C/3/7, the last unit I was in. And number 3 - Can any of you play piano 1.100th as good as Liberace could?

DanUCSB-

You know what this means,

Welcome to the People's list :D

BadMuther
06-06-2004, 12:57
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Ya'll better knock that shit off. First of all, The People don't like those references to El Comandante and playing with his image. Second - 8th Group became C/3/7, the last unit I was in. And number 3 - Can any of you play piano 1.100th as good as Liberace could?

I have an autograph of Liberace somewhere...I was 8 and didn't even know who the guy was.....I just knew it was wrong for a man to be wearing a woman's fur coat.........

My mom made me get his autograph. :rolleyes:

Team Sergeant
06-06-2004, 13:22
Originally posted by BadMuther
I have an autograph of Liberace somewhere...I was 8 and didn't even know who the guy was.....I just knew it was wrong for a man to be wearing a woman's fur coat.........



There are a few secrets that will die with me when it’s my time to go. This would have been one of them!:rolleyes:

TS

NousDefionsDoc
06-06-2004, 13:24
Originally posted by Team Sergeant
There are a few secrets that will die with me when it’s my time to go. This would have been one of them!:rolleyes:

TS

LOL

Kyobanim
06-06-2004, 13:28
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
And number 3 - Can any of you play piano 1.100th as good as Liberace could?

Yes, but I don't dress as nice.

BadMuther
06-06-2004, 15:07
Originally posted by Team Sergeant
There are a few secrets that will die with me when it’s my time to go. This would have been one of them!:rolleyes:

TS

I hear ya Team Sergeant.....

Scary thing was, I had no idea who or what this guy was....it wasn't until many years later I knew...

DanUCSB
06-06-2004, 16:14
Originally posted by BadMuther
Scary thing was, I had no idea who or what this guy was....it wasn't until many years later I knew...

Don't worry man, that's what I'd say, too. :D

BadMuther
06-06-2004, 20:30
I hear ya....;)