PDA

View Full Version : Need SF recruiter contact

lightwalker
03-31-2008, 23:32
I'm looking for contact info for a active duty SF recruiter. I am currently deployed and trying to start the paperwork to get me to SFAS as soon as I get back, but the 2 recruiters I've dealt with have provided me with no information past "Contact me when you get back" and have not answered any of my questions. Needless to say I am no longer going to waste anymore of my time with them. If anyone knows a recruiter who is squared away and wouldn't might exchanging emails or a phone call I would be very thankful.

Dan
04-01-2008, 03:54
http://www.bragg.army.mil/specialforces/

lightwalker
04-01-2008, 21:18
Sir thank you for the reply but that is where I got the contact info for the recruiters I've already contacted. If anyone has a recruiter that they know and have been dealing with that is helpful or if one of the recruiters that is a member of this site is reading this I would would like to get their contact info.

3SoldierDad
04-02-2008, 09:39
I'm merely a guest on this site, but it's pretty darn simple -

(1) Search the site for SF Recruiter
(2) Start reading the dozens of threads that pop up. You'll note that the SF Recruiters are on and off this site and those threads all the time.
(3) Note who those men are and drop that person and/or those guys a PM.
(4) Do that and they'll contact you with their phone numbers and email next time they visit the site - you'll probably get your questions answered straight away.

Kind of simple - I've done it myself.

My guess is the reason you haven't heard much is because folks here figure you can either figure it out for yourself or you probably don't have the basic ingredients to make it into this community of self-starters. If you've read anything here, what you'll hear over and over is don't make others do what you can do for yourself. Everyone has to haul their own ruck.

Finally, if the SF Recruiter(s) that you did talk to said that you should contact them when you return from deployment - Maybe, there's a reason you were told that. Perhaps, you should simply folllow their instructions.

Why then was the silence so deafening? Perhaps, because self-starting and following instructions are both "basic givens" in the community you seek to join.

That's a guest's $.02....

Three Soldier Dad...Chuck

lightwalker
12-15-2008, 15:37
In response to 3SoldierDad

It has taken me this long to respond because a matter of days after my post I was wounded while in Iraq and have just now read what was posted in reply by you.

* (1) Search the site for SF Recruiter
* (2) Start reading the dozens of threads that pop up. You'll note that the SF Recruiters are on and off this site and those threads all the time.
* (3) Note who those men are and drop that person and/or those guys a PM.
* (4) Do that and they'll contact you with their phone numbers and email next time they visit the site - you'll probably get your questions answered straight away.

OK so you've got good advice here. But what did I ask for? Not advice on how to find a recruiter, but someone who knew one or was one. Already you've shown that you paid no attention to my request.

And I did it my self too. My original post said that I've already contacted two recruiters. With no success.

My guess is the reason you haven't heard much is because folks here figure you can either figure it out for yourself or you probably don't have the basic ingredients to make it into this community of self-starters.So let those folks speak for themselves. Remember you are a guest here, this is their community. If you've read anything here, what you'll hear over and over is don't make others do what you can do for yourself. Again let them speak for themselves. I understand that on this site there is numerous times that a QP steps up and has to explain things to young men who post "dumb" statements. But you Sir are not one of them so don't let the fact that you are older than me cloud your view and think you can speak to me like that. You are a civilian, I have sworn my life to defend the freedoms you enjoy (Not trying to be cliche) The QPs on this site are my elders and my superiors. It is their advice I look for. I have also been a member of this site much longer than you, I remember the first time you posted on here. (This is not my first profile on here, I created this one when I lost my other password) Everyone has to haul their own ruck. This means nothing to you. You have absolutely no idea what this statement means outside of stories your sons tell you and what you read on here.

Finally, if the SF Recruiter(s) that you did talk to said that you should contact them when you return from deployment - Maybe, there's a reason you were told that. Perhaps, you should simply folllow their instructions.
This paragraph is actual advice suggesting something that might be true. If this was all you had responded with I would have had no problem. Just so you know I chose not to follow their advice because they were very short with me and would not help me with even simple questions so I choose to seek out the answers I was looking for elsewhere.

Why then was the silence so deafening? Perhaps, because self-starting and following instructions are both "basic givens" in the community you seek to join.
Other "basic givens" include overcoming obstacles and thinking for yourself. You should know that from your time spent on here. Stop bashing on me because other people who have proven themselves to have these characteristics and the RIGHT to post here can do that.

Now I want you to think of the fact that the QPs here had a chance to say whatever they wanted and none felt I deserved a thoughtless bashing post like you replied with. The administrator of the site even responded helpfully. A man who posts this in his profile,
Served in the following units: "I was 18 when Jimmy Carter was President - No Service" has no right to tell me how to act when he has to write an excuse for why he couldn't pick up a rifle and ruck with the rest of us. That is sad Sir, you sound like every drunk man who sees a soldier in a bar and feels the need to mumble his excuse about why he didn't serve his country and be a man.

I know I wrote some harsh things in this letter but understand this isn't something I'm saying only because I'm behind the internet. Please remember in the future to show me the same respect.

P.S. As I reread this I realize it might seem that I'm putting you down for being a civilian. That is not my intent, I am trying to point out that you are not my peer.

The Reaper
12-15-2008, 15:42
Well are you back now, and medically cleared to attend SFAS?

TR

lightwalker
12-15-2008, 15:46
I'm back but won't be able to attend for several years, if ever.

Peregrino
12-15-2008, 15:53
Our condolences. Good luck with your recovery/rehab. If/when, give another holler and we'll figure out the answers. Meantime celebrate the season; it's a gift you're still here to share in.

Dozer523
12-15-2008, 16:58

Now I want you to think of the fact that the QPs here had a chance to say whatever they wanted and none felt I deserved a thoughtless bashing post like you replied with. The administrator of the site even responded helpfully. A man who posts this in his profile,
Served in the following units: "I was 18 when Jimmy Carter was President - No Service" has no right to tell me how to act when he has to write an excuse for why he couldn't pick up a rifle and ruck with the rest of us. That is sad Sir, you sound like every drunk man who sees a soldier in a bar and feels the need to mumble his excuse about why he didn't serve his country and be a man.

I know I wrote some harsh things in this letter but understand this isn't something I'm saying only because I'm behind the internet. Please remember in the future to show me the same respect.

P.S. As I reread this I realize it might seem that I'm putting you down for being a civilian. That is not my intent, I am trying to point out that you are not my peer. Warrior, you are a little over the line with this post. I am, we all are, sorry that you have been wounded. But, I think you might want to reflect on the source of this bitterness. I'm think it is unfair to atribiute it to 3SoldiersDad. God Bless you and God's Speed to recovery.

blue02hd
12-15-2008, 17:27
Good thing about standing up and apologizing when one is wrong is that there is no expiration date.

I think that you are out of line Lightwalker. I also know that you have a lot on your mind, and I truly wish you a speedy recovery.

When the time comes and you are ready to throw your hat in the ring, follow the guidance given from whatever recruiter you contact next gives you unless you feel you know better than they. Assessment is not a course, it is a constant animal, and you introduced yourself in a very memoriable way here on this forum.

Best Wishes and Get better soon.

cornelyj
12-15-2008, 22:03
Get better man.

3SoldierDad
12-16-2008, 11:24

It has taken me this long to respond because a matter of days after my post I was wounded while in Iraq and have just now read what was posted in reply by you.

* (1) Search the site for SF Recruiter
* (2) Start reading the dozens of threads that pop up. You'll note that the SF Recruiters are on and off this site and those threads all the time.
* (3) Note who those men are and drop that person and/or those guys a PM.
* (4) Do that and they'll contact you with their phone numbers and email next time they visit the site - you'll probably get your questions answered straight away.

OK so you've got good advice here. But what did I ask for? Not advice on how to find a recruiter, but someone who knew one or was one. Already you've shown that you paid no attention to my request.

And I did it my self too. My original post said that I've already contacted two recruiters. With no success.

My guess is the reason you haven't heard much is because folks here figure you can either figure it out for yourself or you probably don't have the basic ingredients to make it into this community of self-starters.So let those folks speak for themselves. Remember you are a guest here, this is their community. If you've read anything here, what you'll hear over and over is don't make others do what you can do for yourself. Again let them speak for themselves. I understand that on this site there is numerous times that a QP steps up and has to explain things to young men who post "dumb" statements. But you Sir are not one of them so don't let the fact that you are older than me cloud your view and think you can speak to me like that. You are a civilian, I have sworn my life to defend the freedoms you enjoy (Not trying to be cliche) The QPs on this site are my elders and my superiors. It is their advice I look for. I have also been a member of this site much longer than you, I remember the first time you posted on here. (This is not my first profile on here, I created this one when I lost my other password) Everyone has to haul their own ruck. This means nothing to you. You have absolutely no idea what this statement means outside of stories your sons tell you and what you read on here.

This paragraph is actual advice suggesting something that might be true. If this was all you had responded with I would have had no problem. Just so you know I chose not to follow their advice because they were very short with me and would not help me with even simple questions so I choose to seek out the answers I was looking for elsewhere.

Other "basic givens" include overcoming obstacles and thinking for yourself. You should know that from your time spent on here. Stop bashing on me because other people who have proven themselves to have these characteristics and the RIGHT to post here can do that.

P.S. As I reread this I realize it might seem that I'm putting you down for being a civilian. That is not my intent, I am trying to point out that you are not my peer.

I accept your criticism. Thanks. And, thanks, for your service.

stuW
12-16-2008, 14:08
Thank you for your service. Please get well soon, and pursue whatever you seek in life to the best of your ability. Happy holidays.

stu