PDA

View Full Version : Tasteful or Tasteless?

swatsurgeon
03-27-2008, 18:22
I just received my June edition of Blade magazine.
First, reading the editorials, Bill Harsey and Chris Reeve are mentioned being noticed at Bob Lums service...very nice and an appropriate statement for the context of the editorial.
Second, page 14, the add for the 'Pacific' knife by Chris and Bill....makes me want to get one.
Third, page 22, an ad in the upper left corner from Lansky sharpeners: stating they are "Number One, the best in the knife sharpening business for a reason" and a picture of a guy holding up his index finger as to give you the sign of #1....with a partially amputated index finger!!
I show alot of medical pictures on this site for educational and sometimes humorous purposes.....this to me is in poor taste. Take a look. What do you think?

Forgot one other thing...page 103, the Professionalsoldier knife , by Bill Harsey and Chris Reeve. "A discreet, no-nonsense tool"...nice paragraph about this site!!

ss

Team Sergeant
03-28-2008, 10:06
Forgot one other thing...page 103, the Professionalsoldier knife , by Bill Harsey and Chris Reeve. "A discreet, no-nonsense tool"...nice paragraph about this site!!

ss

You're giving away state secrets!;)

Did the mag mention who gets the "FIRST" one hundred serial numbered "ProfessionalSoldiers" PS knives?:munchin

TS

JustinW20
03-28-2008, 11:11
Did the mag mention who gets the "FIRST" one hundred serial numbered "ProfessionalSoldiers" PS knives?:munchin

TS

If this means what I think it means... there goes the tax return check!

Ret10Echo
03-28-2008, 11:25
If this means what I think it means... there goes the tax return check!

Naah...just use your "Economic Stimulus" check..;)

Team Sergeant
03-28-2008, 11:55
Naah...just use your "Economic Stimulus" check..;)

That made me choke on the coffee.....:D

Pete
03-28-2008, 12:01
I've been putting my spare change into two coffee cans for the last good while.

Pennies in one and nickles, dimes and quarters in the other one.

Both are pretty near full. Going to roll 'um up and get myself something nice for Christmas. Have I found it?

Bill Harsey
03-29-2008, 09:04
swatsurgeon,
Thanks for the report, I have not seen the issue yet but from what you describe this is not what the industry needs. I vote tasteless.

swatsurgeon
03-29-2008, 09:45
here is the ad....see pic

rubberneck
03-29-2008, 10:36
Not only is it tasteless it is not the type of message that any savvy businessman would want associated with his business. Our product is so good that you can quite easily amputate your own finger if you aren't careful. It's just a matter of time before a customer seriously hurts themselves after sharpening one of their knives with their product, and when that happens I wouldn't want to have to explain that ad to a jury in a civil trial.

sofmed
03-29-2008, 11:17
I'm not an attorney, but does the word LIABILITY mean anything to anyone these days? Especially for an ad like that. I vote TASTELESS!

Mick

gagners
03-29-2008, 14:35
Tasteless...

Air.177
03-29-2008, 14:42
I don't know, didn't someone here amputate with a pocket knife? I may be just the low brow audience they intended, but I don't really have a problem with the ad.

Red Flag 1
03-29-2008, 17:57
Can now chew only nine finger nails. Tasteless.

RF 1