PDA

View Full Version : ALREADY off the headlines

Eagle5US
05-12-2004, 13:56
I am so pissed off I can hardly stand it. The story of Mr. Nick Berg being murdered was carried YESTERDAY. 24 HOURS AGO, and already it is difficult to find a headline, an "official response", a story, a tribute.
But fear not, our fetchin media is still pumping out song and dance worthy of broadway regarding the "Iraq Prison Abuse Scandal".

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!

Am I missing something here??? Wasn't an American citizen videotaped being murdered in one of the most greusome and heinous displays I have in memory?!? And tell me please, how can this NOT be news! Reactions!?! Outrage!?! RESPONSE!!!
The radio idiot this morning was blaming Mr. Berg for getting HIMSELF killed "He knew that being Jewish and in a hostile environment would be dangerous. He failed to heed warnings about the dangers and didn't leave when he was told to."
I am infuriated by our insensitivity, how soon we fetchin forget!!!
Dammit I am pissed.
AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! :mad:

Eagle

DunbarFC
05-12-2004, 14:00
Eagle

You aren't alone

:mad:

SOGvet
05-12-2004, 14:50
Check Drudgereport.com - they're showing stills - it ain't pretty.

Effing media.. we parade a few boneheads around with their peckers hanging out and the entire world raises hell. The fucking bad guys cut off the head of an American civilian who's on site to help the bastards and it's like another walk in the park..

It's Armegeddon... and there will be hell to pay in the years to come.

Roguish Lawyer
05-12-2004, 15:27
Don't shoot the translator, please.

The media's view is that this is what we get for invading Iraq "without international support" and for Abu Ghraib. It's all on POTUS and his right-wing conspirators. Nothing newsworthy to them, just obvious consequences of our cowboy foreign policy.

:mad:

FullGallop
05-12-2004, 16:23
As can be expected, and rightly so, FOX news played the story alot today. In fact it appears to be playing as much as the "senate phto session" is being played. Problem is no other news outlets are coming anywhere near this like FOX. When they are it is being tacked on to the prison abuse story much as if it's because of the prison story.

10 minutes till the big three evening news and I can't wait to see how they place the story.

Ghostrider
05-12-2004, 16:38
The problem is that it provides further evidence that we are there for the correct reasons. Also, if the terrorists that did it are truly Al Queda, it again gives further justification for the POTUS GWOT and his decision to go into Iraq in the first place.

Anything that proves that the administration was right is going to be downplayed by the media while anything that puts in it a bad light is going to shown repeatedly to convince the uninformed and apathetic portions of the public to vote for that other guy from Massachusetts.:mad:

The Reaper
05-12-2004, 17:01
Originally posted by FullGallop

10 minutes till the big three evening news and I can't wait to see how they place the story.

NBC led with it, covered the political aspect of the continuing wailing and gnashing of teeth over the prisoner "abuse" story, then covered growing public objection to the prisoner "abuse" story.

Looked pretty good, I must have missed something, or they think the sea wind is changing and do not want to get caught.

TR

Solid
05-13-2004, 01:55
I think it's safe to say that no one at the station had a sudden morality overhaul...

Solid

Bill Harsey
05-13-2004, 08:06
I just watched the opening on NBC morning show with Katie and Matt. The first news item they highlighted was ted kennedy (lack of caps correct) coming on to talk about the prison abuses. No mention yet of Nick Berg Killing. Hope Reaper is right.

Bill Harsey
05-13-2004, 08:08
Originally posted by Eagle5US
I am so pissed off I can hardly stand it. The story of Mr. Nick Berg being murdered was carried YESTERDAY. 24 HOURS AGO, and already it is difficult to find a headline, an "official response", a story, a tribute.
But fear not, our fetchin media is still pumping out song and dance worthy of broadway regarding the "Iraq Prison Abuse Scandal".

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!

Am I missing something here??? Wasn't an American citizen videotaped being murdered in one of the most greusome and heinous displays I have in memory?!? And tell me please, how can this NOT be news! Reactions!?! Outrage!?! RESPONSE!!!
The radio idiot this morning was blaming Mr. Berg for getting HIMSELF killed "He knew that being Jewish and in a hostile environment would be dangerous. He failed to heed warnings about the dangers and didn't leave when he was told to."
I am infuriated by our insensitivity, how soon we fetchin forget!!!
Dammit I am pissed.
AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! :mad:

Eagle The above should be required reading across this nation. Thank you Sir.

echoes
05-13-2004, 10:34
Originally posted by Bill Harsey
The above should be required reading across this nation. Thank you Sir.

Agree Sir, and Prayers Out to the Berg Famiily.
I have never heard of anything more disgusting than the "spin" yesterday, reguarding the fact that Mr. Berg "should have known better".

My Sister is so disgusted, She even wont turn it on to listen, and This is a first. I have not turned on the news today....yet.

Great Post Again Eagle!

Holly

pbr549xxx
05-13-2004, 17:56
Lord knows it is much worse to have a woman's panties put on your head than to have your head hacked off.:mad:

Some Americans piss me off sometimes.

Gypsy
05-13-2004, 18:00
Originally posted by Bill Harsey
I just watched the opening on NBC morning show with Katie and Matt. The first news item they highlighted was ted kennedy (lack of caps correct) coming on to talk about the prison abuses. No mention yet of Nick Berg Killing. Hope Reaper is right.

OH! Well did they manage to highlight his oh so lovely quote about saddam's prisons reopening under new management...US management? :mad: ted kennedy is such scum.

pulque
05-14-2004, 12:52
The spin is pretty bad. Now they are implying that just because Nick Berg was investigated by the FBI for letting Zacarias Moussaoui use his password, and just because the Coalition Provisional Authority falsely denies ever having held him in Iraq, that this means that the U.S. is complicit in his death.

Thats really disgusting. The U.S. would not jeapordize one of it's own citizens to 'those things', no matter how suspicious the government may be of the citizen.

Eagle5US
05-14-2004, 13:22
Originally posted by pulque
The spin is pretty bad. Now they are implying that just because Nick Berg was investigated by the FBI for letting Zacarias Moussaoui use his password, and just because the Coalition Provisional Authority falsely denies ever having held him in Iraq, that this means that the U.S. is complicit in his death.

Thats really disgusting. The U.S. would not jeapordize one of it's own citizens to 'those things', no matter how suspicious the government may be of the citizen.
There are many unanswered questions based on his appearance, behavour, literature, actions etc. Impications may be that he matryed himself...the "ultimate display of faith" to subvert US efforts...not that the US was a part of it or condoned it...but that Mr. Berg may have assisted in orchestrating his own sacrifice.
Still pisses me off...the truth will never be known.
IF he did this, and it was reported as such, it will be "the warmongers covering up the truth on why they didn't help"
If he didn't do this..."the warmongers did nothing to help my child"
Either way...the US loses
Either way...this man was murdered on video
Either way...the "people" who are able to accomplish this in the 21st century should rot in hell.

Eagle