PDA

View Full Version : SFAS 07-08

sofmed
03-12-2008, 15:38
Visited that revered building over on McComb today.

SFAS class 07-08, 03Jun2008.

As a correction to myself for not being online upstairs today...:oAndre is going at the same time. We decided to do our best to go together and 'buddy up' to keep morale just a bit higher.

Cheers!

Mick

P.S. Yes, Crip, it's much overdue and I'm not getting any younger. :lifter

SF18C
03-12-2008, 15:44
Work hard, stay focused and good luck.

Gypsy
03-12-2008, 17:39
Best wishes to you!

Silent Storm151
03-12-2008, 17:45
Good luck and be strong!

Stay Safe,
TJ

sleepyhead4
03-12-2008, 18:28
Good luck bro!

H8Leech
03-12-2008, 20:24
stay safe out there brother. It was the man on the left and right that helped me stay strong. do the same for them! best wishes to you all

jbour13
03-12-2008, 20:29
Best of luck to you and don't go hurting yourself now!!

Ambush Master
03-12-2008, 21:37

As a correction to myself for not being online upstairs today...:oAndre is going at the same time. We decided to do our best to go together and 'buddy up' to keep morale just a bit higher.

Cheers!

Mick

You aren't going to try and BREAK HIS RECORD are'ya?!?!?!?!:D:munchin

Also, your input and involvement in the Med areas in here do speak highly of your intentions!!

Take care.
Martin

Warrior-Mentor
03-16-2008, 12:13

Cheers!

Mick

3 June is plenty of time to train up...be sure to ramp down the training the last week prior so you've had plenty of recovery.
Make your own luck!

Surgicalcric
03-16-2008, 15:53
...SFAS class 07-08, 03Jun2008...

I will be waiting.

Remember, in the end its just you...

Best of luck to you...

Crip

As for sofmed beating my record, I am pretty sure he will have beaten my record before he gets thru SUT...

sofmed
03-16-2008, 17:14
Hey, guys, I'm a little in the dark about this whole "record" thing. A little light shed on the subject would be appreciated. :)

Mick

Surgicalcric
03-16-2008, 22:24
Hey, guys, I'm a little in the dark about this whole "record" thing. A little light shed on the subject would be appreciated. :)

Mick

For those, like Mick, who are late to the party, I spent 1095 days in the SFQC from the day I reported to SOPC-1 to the day I graduated...

Mick, given what I know about your time at the SOPC Med-shed, you will more than beat my time in the SFQC by more than 365 days... :cool:

Crip

sofmed
03-17-2008, 16:18
For those, like Mick, who are late to the party, I spent 1095 days in the SFQC from the day I reported to SOPC-1 to the day I graduated...

Mick, given what I know about your time at the SOPC Med-shed, you will more than beat my time in the SFQC by more than 365 days... :cool:

Crip

:D:D:D

FunCrusher
05-09-2008, 06:19
I will also be attending SFAS 3 June. Good luck and see you there.

sofmed
06-03-2008, 23:46
The Bad news...I won't be attending SFAS now until Sep. (class 11-08) of this year.

The Good News...Due to some family issues dealing with my 13 yr old son who has previously resided with my former wife in another state, I will be traveling to pick him up and bring him home this Sunday. Not just for the summer, but for good. I'm hoping his older brother will want to stay as well. There are deep seated issues dating all the way back to 2000 and my divorce from their mother and they have finally come to a head. I am simply overjoyed to be able to have my son back in my home where I can mentor and guide him in the way he should go, as that was most definitely NOT happening where he's been.

I will continue to train up for SFAS, but for now my son comes first. And in light of all of this, I thank each one of you here, QP's especially, for your support, advice and understanding of both the road I've chosen (to become SF qualified), and the responsibilities I am required to face first as a father.

Wishing you the best!

Mick

ryobi
06-19-2008, 20:37
I was one of the selected Os from the 3-17 June course that just finished up. Thanks to all on this site who have provided information and insight! I couldn't have done it w/out all of your help. Hopefully I'll be back to the Q in the first class of 2009. As I'm sure you've all heard, our class lost a dedicated Soldier that wanted the long tab more than anything, and proved that by leaving it all out there on the land nav course. I only hope I can honor his memory by doing everything in my power to be successful during the pipeline.

Blakeslee
06-19-2008, 21:48
We did hear... :(

On any account, congrats and best of luck. :)

JJ_BPK
06-20-2008, 03:20
Mick
Good Luck,,

ryobi
06-22-2008, 19:21
Thanks y'all, 'preciate it!

sofmed
09-19-2008, 23:11
Sometimes things just don't go as planned, or as we hope they will.

Here's the news:

My waiver won't fly, so I won't be attending SFAS at all, meaning that door has been shut in my face...again. I'm not bitter, but sure as h**l am disappointed beyond reason.

Guess two hip surgeries, a hiatal hernia, and a yo-yo thyroid, among other things, are a bit much to carry at my age to get into the program. I have the heart, but the internal workings of my body are telling me something else.

But that's ok. CA is a viable entity, as well as working support for Group or the SWC(again), so I'm still in the game on that level.

Once again, in light of all of this, I wish to thank all of the QPs for the support and encouragement along the way. I intend to take all that you have poured into my proverbial glass, making use of it by adjusting fire and making mission by using a different route. In short, I'm looking for a job, and it is my intention to work in the SOF community one way or another until I'm told to shut up and go home.

Look for me guys. I'll be around! :lifter

Regards,

Mick

Surgicalcric
09-20-2008, 01:59
Sorry to hear about your troubles M.

We have had many discussions about your service to our country; you know where I stand. And you know where I am.

Crip

sofmed
09-20-2008, 08:50
Thanks, Brother. You've always been a friend and inspiration. I'll be in touch via cell soon.

Mick