PDA

View Full Version : After the game...

Donjulio
03-06-2008, 12:01
I know we all want to be a toughguy till the very end else we would not have been in SF to begin with. But at some point we all must move on. Currently I am trying to take advantage of programs thru the VA & find much of the red tape difficult to get through.

I am wondering if any of you have experience you can hand down to me in dealing with the VA & getting a business loan. I know I qualify, and I know how to fill out forms, but as many of you may have experienced, being SF or x-SF does not mean the bearucracy types welcome you with open arms, nor does anyone jump out of their way to offer helpful information. In some ways it seems like I have been walking in the wrong doors at places.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Ret10Echo
03-06-2008, 12:12
D.J.
Haven't navigated the waters on that issue with the VA, but they are not the sole source for veteran small-business loans.

This might give you some options.

http://www.sba.gov/aboutsba/sbaprograms/ovbd/index.html

Best

R10

Unfortunately you are going to be dealing with a government bureaucracy that is not rewarded for results....

Donjulio
03-06-2008, 12:31
Thank you for your quick response. I am sure it will give me a lil more insight.

My appologies to The_Reaper and other members of this site if this question falls outside of the guildlines & focus of this site.

Blitzzz (RIP)
03-07-2008, 08:45
I'm not too sure, but i'm pretty sure the VA paid for a lot of my college. I went to Physical Therapist Assistant Course at a Near by Community college. Yep!, went from old style amimal to peaceful human...sorta. Blitz :lifter