PDA

View Full Version : Nha Trang Trivia Question

Mel
03-05-2008, 10:16
Hey guys, I posted this over on the Lightfighter forum, but there doesn't seem to be many old guys over there. I've got a question for any of you Nam vets that spent time in Nha Trang. What was the name of that kinda upscale (for that time and place) French cruisine restaurant. It was in the downtown area and served great food. The Viet waiters wore white shirts and ties. It's been bugging the hell out of me that I can't remember the name of that place, and I lost most of my old photos. I do remember the old Nautique bar/restaurant/hotel right across the street from the beach on Duy Tan, I think it was called back then. If any of you guys can come up with the name of that restaurant, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Mel

The Reaper
03-05-2008, 10:19
Sorry I can't answer your question, good to see you back, Mel.

Thanks for the hospitality, don't be a stranger.

TR

Razor
03-05-2008, 21:28
Welcome back, Mel! Glad to see you remembered how to get back home. :D

Ambush Master
03-05-2008, 21:46
There were several of the Restaurants that would let us bring in what we caught, while diving, out on Hon Tre Island and would trade some of our catch for the rest of the meal!! It was really a good deal for all.

I'll ask some of my friends if they have any idea what the name was. Hell, I just knew where they were and didn't worry about the names!!

Enjoyed seeing you at SHOT Mel!!

Take care
Martin

Mel
03-06-2008, 00:30
Hey TR, Razor, and Martin, thanks for having me here. I usually just listen and learn on the forum, and try to stay in my lane. Most of the guys here on PS are the real deal, and even though I was in country (69-70), I was just a REMF working as a radioman at a com center. Not to exciting compared to what a lot of you do or have done. Martin, I didn't know you spent time in Nha Trang, or we could have chatted about it at SHOT. I had a little bungalow I stayed in when I was off duty down on Phan Chu Trinh St.

Mel

Ambush Master
03-06-2008, 14:31
Hey TR, Razor, and Martin, thanks for having me here. I usually just listen and learn on the forum, and try to stay in my lane. Most of the guys here on PS are the real deal, and even though I was in country (69-70), I was just a REMF working as a radioman at a com center. Not to exciting compared to what a lot of you do or have done. Martin, I didn't know you spent time in Nha Trang, or we could have chatted about it at SHOT. I had a little bungalow I stayed in when I was off duty down on Phan Chu Trinh St.

Mel

I wasn't in Nha Trang very long, but we'd go down there from Kontum, on the Blackbirds, for in country stand-down and go out to the island. SF Had a dive locker out there, complete with a compressor!!:D We'd spend a couple of days diving and go back up country.

Later
Martin

Mike
03-06-2008, 23:02
Only passed thru there a few times, 68-70.
I was always told downtown was off limits.