PDA

View Full Version : Heeeeee's Baaaaacccccckkkkkkkkkk

Sdiver
02-25-2008, 20:03
I don't know if I'm happy Peter is coming back or what.

Yes, Forsberg is a great player.....when he's healthy.
Yes, he can contribute a lot to a team......when he's playing.

I see him more as a "puck hog", that keeps the puck to himself, than a team player. But that might be just what we need, because nobody else seems to be putting the biscuit in the basket.

Avs Sign Peter Forsberg For Remainder Of Season

DENVER (AP) ― The Colorado Avalanche have reached a deal that would bring Peter Forsberg back through the end of the season, the club said Monday.

Forsberg won two Stanley Cups in his nine seasons with the Avalanche and was the NHL's MVP in 2003 after scoring 29 goals and adding 77 assists.

But foot and angle injuries have plagued him in recent years and he hasn't played more than 60 games in a season since 2002-03, when he suited up for 75 with the Avalanche.

Forsberg finished last season with the Nashville Predators and is an unrestricted free agent.

"We're proud to announce to our fans that Peter Forsberg has decided to come back and play with our franchise where he's enjoyed so much success early in his career," Avalanche Executive Vice President and General Manager Francois Giguere said.

"His addition should complement our roster and will bring our team to an even higher competitive level," he said.

Forsberg said he has worked "extremely hard" to arrange his return to Colorado.

"I am looking forward to putting this jersey on again," he said. "I have so many great memories of my playing days in Denver. I'm excited about helping my new teammates and former teammates in the coming weeks, and hopefully I am able to do that in the very near future."

He is fourth on Colorado's all-time scoring list with 741 points in 580 career games.

http://cbs4denver.com/sports/avalanche.colorado.denver.2.662383.html

Also saw, that the AVS may be bringing back, someone else from our past.

Told to tune in tomorrow. :eek:

bandycpa
02-25-2008, 20:43
Sdiver,

Now we can finally make the Red Wings / Avalanche series mean something again. I wonder if we can get Lemieux and Draper back for a series?

I miss the days of Sakic, Forsberg, Yzerman, McCarty and Vernon. Hockey as it should be.

Forsberg should never have been a Flyer. While not an Avalanche fan (sorry, man), I respect what Forsberg has done for the game and his part in the Red Wings / Avalanche rivalry, and hope he can retire as part of the Avalanche.

Bandy

Roguish Lawyer
02-25-2008, 21:17
Please take Rob Blake back too. PLEASE!

Sdiver
02-25-2008, 21:34
Please take Rob Blake back too. PLEASE!

I have a feeling, that's who they're going to announce, as coming back tomorrow.

RTK
02-25-2008, 23:16
I have a feeling, that's who they're going to announce, as coming back tomorrow.

I'd rather they get Chris Drury back.

Sdiver
02-26-2008, 08:42
I'd rather they get Chris Drury back.

X's 2

Evan Adam Foote would be nice to see back here.

Goggles Pizano
02-26-2008, 08:50
Enjoy your new (old) drama queen. Be sure to keep us updated on skate search 2008.:p

RTK
02-26-2008, 16:46
X's 2

Evan Adam Foote would be nice to see back here.

He was the other one I was thinking of. Turns out it's true. Got him from the Blue Jackets today for 2x conditional picks (1st round 2008 or 2009 and 4th round 2008). This is huge. The boys are back in town.

Can they tape Peter's mouth shut for the year?

Sdiver
02-26-2008, 17:54
He was the other one I was thinking of. Turns out it's true. Got him from the Blue Jackets today for 2x conditional picks (1st round 2008 or 2009 and 4th round 2008). This is huge. The boys are back in town.

That's right........THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN !!!! :D :D

Avalanche Get Adam Foote From Blue Jackets

DENVER (AP) ― First Peter Forsberg, and now Adam Foote.

For the second time in two days, the Colorado Avalanche have brought back a player from their glory days.

The Avalanche announced Tuesday they acquired Foote from the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for a conditional first-round draft choice in 2008 or 2009 and a conditional fourth-round choice in 2009.

On Monday, Colorado agreed to terms on a deal that brings former MVP Forsberg back to Denver for the rest of the current season.

Foote, 36, was drafted by the Avalanche in 1989, when they were the Quebec Nordiques. He is third in games played with the franchise with 799 and second in scoring by defensemen with 234 points.

He played in 154 playoff games with the franchise, second only to current captain Joe Sakic.

Also Tuesday, Colorado acquired defenseman Ruslan Salei from the Florida Panthers, giving up the rights to Karlis Skrastins and a third-round pick in the draft.

Last season, the 33-year-old Salei had six goals and 26 assists, both career highs.

Colorado general manager Francois Giguere called Salei "a solid and reliable asset on the blue line."

Salei spent 11 years in the NHL, the last two with Florida after nine with the Anaheim Ducks. He's missed only four games in the past four seasons.

On man.....I'm dying here....in a good way. :D

Can they tape Peter's mouth shut for the year?

As far as I'm concerned, he can talk all he wants......He's just got to stay HEALTHY !!!!!! :munchin

Goggles Pizano
03-10-2008, 09:32
Ahem...Forsberg out with groin injury-Dallas 3-Avs 0. How is the Peter experiment working out S? ;)

Sdiver
03-10-2008, 23:21
Ahem...Forsberg out with groin injury-Dallas 3-Avs 0. How is the Peter experiment working out S? ;)

I knew it.....I knew it....I knew it !!!!!!

I knew that you GP, would be the first to say something. :D

I myself knew, that Peter couldn't stay healthy for the rest of the season. :rolleyes:

But his being back, does add a little more excitement to the game. Like will he play or won't he ???

As far as the 0-3 lose, well.......you didn't happen to see the score from THE DAY BEFORE ????

Yep.....AVS 3 --- Dallas 1

So....phhhhhhfffffffftttttttttttttt :p

Goggles Pizano
03-11-2008, 07:30
S you have NO IDEA the sweat beads rolling down the foreheads of Flyers fans when they announced we were "in the running" for Herr FootMeister! Glad you guys won. :p Great player yes, worth the headache? Nah