PDA

View Full Version : The U.S. Military Index

The antihero
02-24-2008, 07:58
From FP (http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms.php?story_id=4198).

In an exclusive new index, Foreign Policy and the Center for a New American Security surveyed more than 3,400 active and retired officers at the highest levels of command about the state of the U.S. military. They see a force stretched dangerously thin and a country ill-prepared for the next fight.

swpa19
02-24-2008, 08:13
Through the course of this countrys history, in every war and conflict, WHEN have we ever been "well prepared"? But we seem to always adapt and persevere. This has been true from the GWT, thru the Battle of the Bulge thru Valley Forge. We as an American fighting force will find a way to win. The politicians, talking heads and "High ranking officials" is another story though.

Pete
02-24-2008, 08:38
Congress holds the purse strings.

The military can expand when they furnish the money to do so.

You can not snap your fingers and create a Combat Brigade or SF battalion overnight.

The military has seen slow, almost painful growth since 9-11. The blame rests with Congress.

SF_BHT
02-24-2008, 11:54
Congress holds the purse strings.

The military can expand when they furnish the money to do so.

You can not snap your fingers and create a Combat Brigade or SF battalion overnight.

The military has seen slow, almost painful growth since 9-11. The blame rests with Congress.

X2 Congress talks a good game but they are slow to ever enact the required funds to protect the country. Look at the Border Fence...... They are fast to put in Pork in bills for their Buddy's back home to keep them employed.

I Hate Politicians!!!!!

tom kelly
02-24-2008, 14:29
Most of the people who make up the congress today think about one thing, GETTING RE-ELECTED, so that they may enhance their own personal agenda and not the will of those who elected them to their present office. Over the years that I have voted for and against the politicans seeking various positions in local, state, and federal government I have become disfranchised with those elected because they are or soon become liars, crooks, and morally bankrupt. They are almost always supported by THE MSM and almost never held accountable for their corrupt actions which are detrimental to the safety and security of this Nation. However, in the final analysis it is our own fault because we continue to vote for the same inside crowd time after time. The time has come for us to take a serious look at the candidates who say they want to lead THE UNITED STATES into the future, and protect and serve the citizens of this Nation. I for one do not believe the marketing hype ,"LIES" that the current crop of politicans are spewing out to attract delegate support to obtain the nomination for the top office in this country. Rant Off...Remember to VOTE like your life depended on it...Regards, tom kelly