PDA

View Full Version : Official SF Watch?

Solid
05-10-2004, 15:42
Hello,

I know that every so often a watch comes out claiming to be 'Official to SF', and that people ask 'is it?', and most often the answer is- not really, try G Shock or Suunto, but here the list of corps at the bottom of the website claimed to use this as their 'official' watch is extensive.

Is this the real deal?

Watch can be seen here (http://www.specialopswatch.com/)

Thank you,

Solid

DunbarFC
05-10-2004, 16:04
It's good marketing

Wear this and you too can be a super secret commando

Athletes and sneakers comes to mind

BMT (RIP)
05-10-2004, 16:50
I am sure AM and QRQ30 will remember the official watch of SOG!
The little all plastic watch made in either Japan or Korea. List price in '70 was .67cents.

BMT
Jr. FOG

The Reaper
05-10-2004, 17:16
Originally posted by Solid
Hello,

I know that every so often a watch comes out claiming to be 'Official to SF', and that people ask 'is it?', and most often the answer is- not really, try G Shock or Suunto, but here the list of corps at the bottom of the website claimed to use this as their 'official' watch is extensive.

Is this the real deal?

Watch can be seen here (http://www.specialopswatch.com/)

Thank you,

Solid

They don't say that.

They say, worn by, which is different.

"....worn only by the U.S. Secret Service, U.S. Navy Seals, U.S. Air Force Pilots, U.S. Delta Force, U.S. Army Rangers, U.S. Special Forces, Swat Teams, FBI Agents, DEA Agents, Police Officers, SAS, Israeli Tactical Units and Special Ops Units worldwide."

They could also include worn by inmates, pedophiles, the criminally insane, terrorists, skinheads, Neo-Nazis, and high school kids in England if they wanted to give away seven more.

Send one to a person from each group for T&E, get it back in 30 days, and make the claim in the ad legally.

Read between the lines, Solid, don't be that gullible.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
05-10-2004, 19:37
They could also include worn by inmates, pedophiles, the criminally insane, terrorists, skinheads, Neo-Nazis, and high school kids in England if they wanted to give away seven more.

Blaaaw! I want one!

Team Sergeant
05-10-2004, 20:15
Solid,

Obviously another internet lowlife earning a first-class living off the hard earned reputations of others.

I can tell you the advertising is pure bullshit. Someone should obtain the address of the office of the LA attorney general and turn these scumbags over for deliberately displaying false advertising.

Team Sergeant

Solid
05-11-2004, 01:08
It's as I thought.

Thank you all, and have a good day,

Solid

Murphy's Law
05-11-2004, 06:02
this is the website for the Cali. attorney general http://caag.state.ca.us/contact/

QRQ 30
05-11-2004, 06:41
I don't know anything about an "Official" SF watch. That sounds like an "Official" Space Patrol De-coder. As BMT mentioned we were issued Seikos in C&C. They had an OD face with very luminous cardinal numbers. In fact they were so luminous they had to be taped over at night. The band was OD nylon. They were so ugly they became "Status symbols".

Kyobanim
05-11-2004, 07:17
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Blaaaw! I want one!

Then they could add "The Peoples Watch" to the advertising.

DunbarFC
05-11-2004, 07:35
It is smart marketing and I am sure lots of folks will fall for it. Most likely the Airsoft and paintball crowd

I mean, who wants the "Official Watch of Release Engineers Worldwide !". I admit it is a snappy timepiece, but I don't think it has quite the appeal of the SAS and Delta Force

:D

Desert Fox
05-11-2004, 10:39
NEWNEWNEWNEW
stainless steel all direction reflection watch.

QRQ 30
05-11-2004, 11:25
The official watch of SF who served in S.E.A. is a gold Rolex accompanied by a star saphire ring.:D

SOGvet
05-11-2004, 21:01
Originally posted by QRQ 30
The official watch of SF who served in S.E.A. is a gold Rolex...

Which was a grand total of $575 at the Rolex store in Hong Kong in 1971 - with a gold Rolex band. I paid $155 for a Gen-U-Ine stainless Rolex Submariner - I've often wished I'd bought a footlocker full of 'em.