PDA

View Full Version : Sebenza "Field Grade"

PiterM
02-18-2008, 15:24
As some of you may know I've had a limited run of "Knife & Gun" logo Sebenza (which is logo of Polish custom knives and CRK forum). Basically it was quite handsome knife with polished blade & handle and with dark logo "outline" engraved. Just like that one: http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2755/crkgunsbenza02vh7.jpg

I've been always thinking about Sebenza more "field oriented", more "real user looking". And finally I've got an answer! Deeply engraved logo has been fully sandblasted. Also all screws (just heads) and backspacer have been treated in the same way. Thumbled blade, silver lug and... here we go! Filed Grade logo Sebenza became reality couple of weeks ago.

I know that it's only a design change, but somehow I find the sand blasted hardware on Sebenza pretty good looking. I like the way it follows the whole idea of Sebenza - simplicity that works. Cheers :)

jbour13
02-18-2008, 16:04
As always good pictures and beautiful blades.

I like the rougher look to them. How will the finish now hold up against the elements? Any post sandblasting treatments used to ward off rust and corrosion?

The Reaper
02-18-2008, 16:41

I like the rougher look to them. How will the finish now hold up against the elements? Any post sandblasting treatments used to ward off rust and corrosion?

Titanium does not rust.

TR

Ambush Master
02-18-2008, 16:51

If any "rusting" does occur, it will most likely come from the "Blast Media"
as in previously blasted material being imparted to the new surface. As TR said, Titanium does not "Rust", and knowing how CR runs their Medium in the Tumblers, you will not see any on the blade.

Take care.
Martin