PDA

View Full Version : BIDS System solution to Gun control?

Bracholi
02-15-2008, 03:57
http://bidssystem.blogspot.com/

This caught my attention with all credit given to one Scott7891 on Current.com.
It certainly sounds like a fair system and therefore I doubt it would even be considered...

Razor
02-15-2008, 11:08
Would this be a fair system if applied (in proper context) to speech, religion choice or assembly? If the answer is no, then its not proper to apply it to owning a firearm.

Bracholi
02-16-2008, 05:43
Really what needs to happen is that we need to get the supreme court to rule on the constitutionality of current laws. The problem with this is that the judges no longer impartial when it comes to their own social and political views. Their jobs never were to vote on what is right or wrong, only what is constitutional and what is legal. So if the current gun control laws were ever challenged in the supreme court the ruling would be a mandatory vote to void the laws as they are in breach of the wording of the second amendment. If those laws weren't repealed and found not to interfere with the constitution, then we'd have a whole other problem, judges that are more supreme than the Constitution itself. I do wonder though... How would one go about bringing this in front of the Supreme Court? It's likely the greatest breach of our constitutional rights, aside from Kelo vs City of New London.

bull2808
02-16-2008, 23:34
In a practical sense this would not work. I am a LEO in Phila. How would this system help with the rampant straw purchasers? There is always a loop hole. I am pro 2nd amendment by the way.

Bracholi
02-17-2008, 06:10
Actually this system wouldn't really help anyone. All it would do is change the system (from government registration to private) so it's less invasive of the 2nd amendment and less likely to be used by a tyrannical government.

Defender968
02-18-2008, 12:15
Actually this system wouldn't really help anyone. All it would do is change the system (from government registration to private) so it's less invasive of the 2nd amendment and less likely to be used by a tyrannical government.

Bracholi as I looked at this system I came up with so many problems with it I stopped thinking about it, the bottom line is we have plenty of gun laws that are more than sufficient. We simply need to use what we already have. More laws will not stop criminals, if they abided by the law they wouldn't be criminals!