PDA

View Full Version : Operation Gum Drop

stonep59
02-11-2008, 16:20
First, let me introduce myself and the reason for this Email. I am a member of the Dallas/Fort Worth Chapter of the Special Forces Association (Chapter 31) and Committee member of "Operation Gum Drop" ( www.operationgumdrop.org).

Operation Gum Drop was formed to provide support for our Elite Warriors (the Green Berets) who are fighting in the War against terror in both Afghanistan and Iraq. OGD was formed to supply care packages to actual Special Forces teams that are deployed. At present, we have delivered over 1600 lbs of care packages to teams that we have contact with. But, this is an ongoing effort and we are constantly attempting to raise funds to assist us in shipping these packages overseas.

The purpose of this Email is to ask for a monetary donation to raise funds so that we can continue sending care packages to the deployed teams.

We believe that this support program is different in 2 ways:
1. Our packages are sent only to Special Forces teams that are deployed.
2. Our packages are focused on what the team members want and need (e.g. no toothpaste).

As our organization is made up entirely of retired or former Special Forces soldiers, we have direct communications with the teams that we support and all of us have been in a similar deployments.

Please feel free to visit our website (www.operationgumdrop.org) to verify (vet) our validity or you may contact us via Email at james@operationgumdrop.org. We look forward to hearing from you and hope that you will be able to help.

Regards,

Phil Stone
http://www.operationgumdrop.org
M-732
De Oppresso Liber

Pete
02-11-2008, 17:25
Phil;

A worthy cause but as a new member of the site your first post belongs on the intro thread up at the top of the board.

Pete

stonep59
02-12-2008, 09:25
Thanks, Pete but I did post an intro when I first joined the site back in Dec. I have to be honest... it was pretty unclear which post to reply to when I first joined. Should I have used an existing thread or started a new one? The first time, I used an existing thread. For this entry... since it was not an intro I decided to post a new discussion item.

SF_BHT
02-12-2008, 09:35
Thanks, Pete but I did post an intro when I first joined the site back in Dec. I have to be honest... it was pretty unclear which post to reply to when I first joined. Should I have used an existing thread or started a new one? The first time, I used an existing thread. For this entry... since it was not an intro I decided to post a new discussion item.

Phil
Something must gone wrong when you tried to post? You only have 2 post on the board and they are in this thread. You need to post in the intro thread and you will be on track.
Follow this link and post there:
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17246&page=95
Good luck
Bryan

The Reaper
02-12-2008, 09:46

Your registration message should have contained a direct link to the thread we use for Introductions.

If it did not, then we have lost something recently.

It is also linked in the sticky at the top of the Introductions Forum entitled "Attention...BEFORE POSTING HERE!!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone does not need their own personal thread for introductions.

To keep this manageable (can you imagine trying to sort through 5,000 member intros?), everyone who is planning on posting needs to fill in their profile and post an introduction on the clearly not too deceptively titled thread, "Introductions I I I- Your first post on this board goes here." It is normally one of the top threads in this forum, but some people are failing to find it.

Again, individual introduction threads are NOT to be started.

Those who do not comply will be identified as FTFSI.

Thank you for your assistance.

You are currently showing two posts here, both on this thread. No introductions from you shown, unless you have changed your name or user ID.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

TR