PDA

View Full Version : New England to win

ShadowMedic
01-23-2008, 00:01
The Patriots will dominate the Giants in the SuperBowl and complete the perfect season that they were destined to have. I grew up as a N.E. runt and have suffered the curse of being a Red Sox fan and a Pats fan during the not-so-good years. I have always loved the Pats because of their team unity and killer defense!!

Final score: Pats 37 Giants 13 :munchin

That is all.

Ret10Echo
01-23-2008, 05:51
I also grew up in the lean years up in NE...Steve Grogan and the boys guaranteed to dissappoint. And who can forget (despite years of therapy) the debacle in '85....we let the Fridge score.:(

The Patriots find ways to win. That is what Belichek does. You shut down one aspect of the game they go somewhere else and beat you there.

After the regular season meeting I think the 14 point spread folks are giving NY too much motivation. It may prove to be much closer than that. Pats on top, but the key to the game is who makes the first mistake.

Besides that there are how many '72 Dolphin players and coaches that are going to be stabbing Voo-doo dolls during the whole game .:D

As a Sox and Pats fan you of all people should understand that dissappointment is mere moments away :eek:

Pete
01-23-2008, 06:10
Oh, wait, that was before last weekend.

Oh, well there is always the commercials.

Penn
01-23-2008, 07:33
You better put your money on NY. The man just spent the past few days partying in the city with Gisele at some really hot clubs. He’s tired, banged up and by now, most certainly limp.

bricklayer
01-23-2008, 08:09
Born and raised in Ma here and have always stood behind my teams no matter what. The Pats have proved themselves over and over again and I am positive no one is ever going to match their accomplishments in the near or distant future. Now all Boston needs is the Celtics & Bruins to step it up and we will be unstoppable!
:munchin

JMI
01-23-2008, 08:36
I am going to go against conventional wisdom here and say the Giants actually have a chance.

rubberneck
01-23-2008, 08:40
Nearly to the man, after the Giants game the Patriots told the media that the Giants were the best team they faced all year and that included the Colts. The Giants are built to win in the post season. Good defense, excellent offensive line and a very deep rushing attack. So are the Patriots. Just like their first meeting I expect this to be a tight game. Normally I would say that the Pats are a huge favorite to win but the Giants are hitting their stride while the Pats haven't been playing their best football over the past month. Should be fun either way.

emoore
01-23-2008, 08:45
The Giants may not win but I think it will be a lot closer then people are predicting. I believe Pat fans will have to consume a lot of beer while watching this game. :munchin

warrottjr
01-23-2008, 09:05
IIRC, the Pats don't usually win by very wide margins...but they win. Go Pats!

bricklayer
01-23-2008, 09:50
The Giants may not win but I think it will be a lot closer then people are predicting. I believe Pat fans will have to consume a lot of beer while watching this game. :munchin

I believe Pats fans always consume alot of beer while watching games! :D:D

Goggles Pizano
01-23-2008, 10:17
I believe Pats fans always consume alot of beer while watching games! :D:D

Spoken like a true Irishman from BAHSTUN. :D

I think it will be close. Might be the best game since Joe Cool engineered "the drive" to beat the Bengals 20-16. I would like to see the Pats win just to witness history.

brownapple
01-23-2008, 10:23
Go Gints!

ShadowMedic
01-23-2008, 23:55
I realize that the Giants might be the toughest competitors the Pats will have faced this post season, however, the true measure of a team is how they perform when its back is against the wall and the chips are down, but in that respect the Pats can only be described by one word, CLUTCH! I wouldn't want to be the team in their way when they unleash hell.

Also, besides the Cheeseheads I don't know of a more loyal fan base than New England's. About 95% of the people I speak to would play on the team for league minimum if it meant that could just be a part of the legacy. On the reverse of that, the most annoying fans in all of sports would have to be University of Kentucky (UK) fans....

warrottjr
01-24-2008, 08:03
the most annoying fans in all of sports would have to be University of Kentucky (UK) fans.

I resemble that remark. Go Big Blue!

01-24-2008, 09:06
I resemble that remark. Go Big Blue!

I resemble that remark as well! I'm for Kentucky and whoever is playing Louisville!

Go Big Blue!:D

Counsel
01-24-2008, 09:28
I am going to go against conventional wisdom here and say the Giants actually have a chance.

I second that. Remember Super Bowl XXV, NY Giants v. Buffalo Bills. In that game the Giants could not stop the Hi Powered Bills offense but they contained it, not only with their defense but also with their clock chewing, ball control rushing attack. History has a nasty tendency to repeat itself.

brownapple
01-24-2008, 09:33
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2008/01/22/2008-01-22_lieutenant_colonel_greg_gadson_is_giants.html

Counsel
01-24-2008, 09:33
About 95% of the people I speak to would play on the team for league minimum if it meant that could just be a part of the legacy.

Heck, I would be content being the waterboy, plus, they can keep my paycheck. :D

Roguish Lawyer
01-24-2008, 10:11
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2008/01/22/2008-01-22_lieutenant_colonel_greg_gadson_is_giants.html

Nice. The LA Kings honor an active duty serviceman before every game by having them out on the ice for the national anthem. They get introduced and thanked by the announcer, the crowd cheers, then the guy gets to show everyone how to stand at attention during the anthem.

Radar Rider
01-26-2008, 10:26
I think that the Giants will come out with a suffocating defense, control the clock offensively, and win the game in a squeaker.

The Reaper
01-26-2008, 12:12
I don't think the Pats will cover the spread.

TR

dmgedgoods
01-26-2008, 18:22

TR

If I am not mistaken, the Pats have failed to cover the spread for the past several games. The last game they played, had they not killed the last two minutes with kneeling the ball, they very well could have made the spread, and made unnamed individuals lots of money. :D

The Super Bowl will be semi-decent at best.

Shawn

sleepyhead4
01-27-2008, 01:41
Never really been a big Giants fan before but the wife's uncle is a coach on the team so I'm a fan by default...with that said, I think the Giants have a great chance of winning. They've played better in the second half the season than the first half; they are 10-0 on the road; Eli has not made many mistakes in the past 4 games, even against the Pats. The only worry that I have with the Giants is their secondary. If the Giants DB's and LB's can contain the Pat's awesome receiver crew, then the Giants can definitely win.

GO GIANTS!!!

Radar Rider
02-03-2008, 21:24
I think that the Giants will come out with a suffocating defense, control the clock offensively, and win the game in a squeaker.
FUCK New England! I was right!

Gypsy
02-03-2008, 21:25
FUCK New England! I was right!

You sure called it! Congrats to the Giants!

brownapple
02-03-2008, 21:33

TR

Seems you were correct... :D

JMI
02-03-2008, 22:43
Originally Posted by JMI

I second that. Remember Super Bowl XXV, NY Giants v. Buffalo Bills. In that game the Giants could not stop the Hi Powered Bills offense but they contained it, not only with their defense but also with their clock chewing, ball control rushing attack. History has a nasty tendency to repeat itself.

Yep.

Originally Posted by Radar Rider
Nice call!

jwt5
02-03-2008, 23:22
That was probably the best Superbowl I've seen in a while. Great game :munchin

(then again this is the first I've seen in a while)

Ret10Echo
02-04-2008, 06:16
As a Sox and Pats fan you of all people should understand that dissappointment is mere moments away :eek:

The lament of the New England sports fan...

What makes it worse is the fact that they didn't just lose...they got BEAT..

And so eyes turn to "Next Year"

(What was that other Manning's name again?)

sleepyhead4
02-04-2008, 07:42
I must say, I wanted the Giants to win from the start but I thought they pretty much lost the chance when Brady scored with 2+ minutes remaining. I need to have more faith in the underdogs.

Definitely the best superbowl...best football game period I've ever seen.

SF18C
02-04-2008, 09:09
Simply put...that was a Great Game. I really didn’t' care who won or lost, but in the end I think the right team came out on top with determination, teamwork and a never gve up attitude! BTW...Bill Belichick has no class!

Bronco's-go get’em in ’08!!!!

Roguish Lawyer
02-04-2008, 09:23
I am bitter, but only because traffic in NYC is going to really suck tomorrow.

Sdiver
02-04-2008, 09:27

Can I borrow that time machine of yours?

I just want to pop ahead a few days and get the winning power ball numbers, then I'll be right back......I Promise. :D

Nice call.

Bronco's-go get’em in ’08!!!!

NOW WE'RE TALKIN' !!!!!

:D :D

Sdiver
02-04-2008, 10:04
I am bitter, but only because traffic in NYC is going to really suck tomorrow.

What ....... and SoCal traffic is great ????? :rolleyes:

Jeeesssszzzzzzz......... :D

Penn
02-04-2008, 10:47
Rl, Be like us natives...take the subway!!!

swpa19
02-04-2008, 11:37
Have to agree with SF18C. The first thing the owners and coaches did, was to congratulate the Pats on a well played game. Belichick has yet to offer his congratulations. Not a prime example of good sportsmanship, course he never was.

STEELER COUNTRY

kgoerz
02-04-2008, 16:26
Have to agree with SF18C. The first thing the owners and coaches did, was to congratulate the Pats on a well played game. Belichick has yet to offer his congratulations. Not a prime example of good sportsmanship, course he never was.

STEELER COUNTRY

He left the Field before the game was over. Karma is Bitch. Guess the cheating early in the season caught up with him.

glebo
02-05-2008, 09:32
belichek shoulda got the kicker in when they were at 4/13. What an arrogant guy he was to think they could convert (which coulda happened....but didn't!) that field goal woulda changed the way things were, one way or another.

I'm a transplanted massachussettsian (whew), from framingham, and i will always follow the pats and the sox.

Oh well, maybe next year.

vsvo
02-05-2008, 12:17
Belichick walking off the field reminded me of when Isiah Thomas and the Pistons walked off the court the first time Jordan and the Bulls broke through and won the title. Oh well, another bullet point for the agenda when Commissioner Goodell comes calling again about those pesky cheating allegations.

Great game, with great drama. We also enjoyed rockin' to Tom Petty. My 9-year-old niece, who had returned from watching the Hannah Montana movie earlier in the day, wrinkled her nose and looked at us like we were aliens.

Heyyyy baby, there ain't no easy way out
Heyyyy I will stand my ground
And I won't back down

Counsel
02-05-2008, 13:13
belichek shoulda got the kicker in when they were at 4/13. What an arrogant guy he was to think they could convert (which coulda happened....but didn't!) that field goal woulda changed the way things were, one way or another.

He could have also punted the ball to pin them dawn inside the 10 and play field position with their defense. My guess, Belichek at that moment did not trust his kicker or his defense.

Just my 02.

On another subject, just want to be the first to go on record, GO NINERS 08. :eek:

Go_Bears
02-05-2008, 13:36
Simply put...that was a Great Game. I really didn’t' care who won or lost, but in the end I think the right team came out on top with determination, teamwork and a never gve up attitude! BTW...Bill Belichick has no class!

I am going to have to agree with that. It doesn't get much better than a a super bowl that gets decided in the last seconds!

clapdoc
02-05-2008, 15:42
This was the best Superbowl that I can remember.
We have known Eli's family for years and his performance does not surprise me at all. That man was raised working in the summer at his grandfather's country store loading 50# feed sacks into pickups.
I knew that when it really counted he would come thru, he wasn't raised to ever quit.
This was one time that Mississippi and New York City were pulling for the same team1!!!

clapdoc sends.