PDA

View Full Version : Opera in the bathroom

DunbarFC
05-07-2004, 13:15
Thought I'd share a funny little story that happened to me today

I'm walking down the hall in my building and I hear what to ME sounds like someone moaning in pain

As I get closer to the bathrooms it gets louder and I figure out that it's coming from the handicap bathroom

So being a good citizen I bounce up to the door and knock and say " Everything ok in there ? "

The door opens and standing there is a woman with a snarl on her face.

" I heard sounds and I wanted to make sure you were ok " I say

She replies " I'm FINE. I am taking opera lessons and I was warming up ! I practice here so I won't be disturbed but I guess that won't work again ! "

She storms off

So I learned two things today. First, I don't know opera from cries of pain. Second, people do some STRANGE stuff in the john.........

myclearcreek
05-08-2004, 07:51
This is pretty funny to me, since I was once-upon-a-time a music major. There are usually practice rooms available, about four times the size of a phone booth and equipped with a piano, which are soundproofed. In a bathroom, usually tiled, the sound reverberates, making nice feedback for those who have trouble adjusting to the deadness of the practice rooms. I would venture a guess that she was a newbie or suffered false vanity, lol. Since she called them "opera lessons," newbie is more likely.

Sdiver
05-08-2004, 09:52
Ahhhhh....What are you doing in a women's bathroom ??:eek:

DunbarFC
05-08-2004, 10:06
Originally posted by Sdiver
Ahhhhh....What are you doing in a women's bathroom ??:eek:

I was in the hall way outside the bathrooms.........

Thank god Sacamuelas didn't catch this first

echoes
05-09-2004, 14:05
Originally posted by Sdiver
Ahhhhh....What are you doing in a women's bathroom ??

Sdiver, where in the world did you find that avatar? It Rocks!:)

Holly

Sdiver
05-09-2004, 14:22
Originally posted by echoes
Sdiver, where in the world did you find that avatar? It Rocks!:)

Holly

One of my old units has a Yahoo web site and that was drawn by one guy that I served with.

We were on a physical security site and were known as Tower Rats or JAFTR's (Just Another F**king Tower Rat).