PDA

View Full Version : CitiBank refusing card services for Weapons Purchases

Snaquebite
01-08-2008, 18:58
http://www.nssf.org/news/fromBP.cfm?BPseq=704

January 7, 2008
CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANY REJECTS FIREARMS INDUSTRY

REFUSES TO PROCESS TRANSACTIONS . . . Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp. are refusing to process any credit card transactions between federally licensed firearms retailers, distributors and manufacturers -- a move which will severely limit available inventory of firearms and ammunition to military, law enforcement and law-abiding Americans.

The first company to be affected by this decision appears to be firearms distributor CDNN Sports Inc.

"We were contacted recently by First Data/Citi Merchant Services by a June Rivera-Mantilla stating that we were terminated and funds were being seized for selling firearms in a non-face-to-face transaction," said Charlie Crawford, president of CDNN Sports Inc. "Although perfectly legal, we were also informed that no transactions would be processed in the future, even for non-firearms. I find this very frightening."

To voice your concern to Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp., please contact June Rivera-Mantilla at 631-683-7734 or her supervisor Robert Tenenbaum at 631-683-6570.

To change to an NSSF-affiliated credit card processing program, contact Payment Alliance International at 1-866-371-2273 (ext. 1131).

rubberneck
01-08-2008, 19:16
I think it stinks but there are dozens of credit card companies that will gladly process credit card transactions from CDNN. If the gun communities reaction to Jim Zumbo's bafoonery was any indication of the collective power of gun owners then Citibank has no idea what is headed their way.:lifter

I for one won't ever consider using them. We all have choices in life. They made theirs and now I will make mine.

Pete
01-08-2008, 19:24
Do they only run cards under their name?

I can't recall ever seeing an add for them. Tons of others but not them.

As stated above - plenty of people wanting to give out cards to people who pay their bills. Don't like the bank's rules get another one.

longrange1947
01-08-2008, 19:38
Dam, I am getting old, I thought that said Citibank. Glad I reread. Delete this opps please.

Team Sergeant
01-08-2008, 20:07
Dam, I am getting old, I thought that said Citibank. Glad I reread. Delete this opps please.

It does boss, in the thread title.....

Snaquebite is that a misprint?

longrange1947
01-08-2008, 20:15
Yes title does but the body does not, it states "Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp" not Citibank. I have been solicited by Citibank a number times, and if it is them, then I have an answer that is more direct then throwing it in the trash.

Ambush Master
01-08-2008, 20:21
Home Depot is a Citi!!

No telling what other "Merchant Cards" are under them!!

Later
Martin

Pete
01-08-2008, 20:24
Did a search under Citi Merchant Services and Citibank pops up.

Yeap, that's them.

What's in your wallet? Mine ain't got no Citibank card.

SF_BHT
01-08-2008, 20:33
I dumped them years ago and their bank accounts. Glad I did. Just checked all my cards and I am free of any connection with them.

brownapple
01-08-2008, 21:05
We all have choices in life. They made theirs and now I will make mine.

x2

longrange1947
01-08-2008, 21:09
Well the next time that I get anything from them I will not throw it but make them pay to receive a no thank you, I do not do business with anti 2d Amendment businesses.

Screw them!

Ambush Master
01-08-2008, 21:25
Well the next time that I get anything from them I will not throw it but make them pay to receive a no thank you, I do not do business with anti 2d Amendment businesses.

Screw them!

I have, in the past, taped the "Paid By Recipent" envelopes to CINDER BLOCKS and dropped them off at the PO!!!:D

I'll add that i've never received any further commo from any of them!!:munchin

Take care.
Martin

82ndtrooper
01-08-2008, 22:56
Don't have a Citibank card.

Is their a larger influence at work here ?? Who's on the board of Citibank ? Who's married to who on the board of Citibank ?

What banking affiliations do the Fienstiens, Schumers and Clintons have within the industry ??

rubberneck
01-09-2008, 07:59

Is their a larger influence at work here ?? Who's on the board of Citibank ? Who's married to who on the board of Citibank ?

What banking affiliations do the Fienstiens, Schumers and Clintons have within the industry ??

There are two former Clinton appointees on the board of directors for Citigroup. Robert Rubin the former Secretary of the Treasury and John Deutch the former DCI. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but there are several other names on the board that have given generously to the Clintons and the DNC.

http://www.citigroup.com/citigroup/corporategovernance/bddir.htm

Ret10Echo
01-09-2008, 08:20

Govt issued card is Citi....

82ndtrooper
01-09-2008, 13:40
There are two former Clinton appointees on the board of directors for Citigroup. Robert Rubin the former Secretary of the Treasury and John Deutch the former DCI. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but there are several other names on the board that have given generously to the Clintons and the DNC.

http://www.citigroup.com/citigroup/corporategovernance/bddir.htm

Guess I was on track, at least somewhat.

Snaquebite
01-09-2008, 13:54
The largest single stock holder is a member of the Saudi royal family.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/11/08/news/companies/citigroup_alwaleed.fortune/

Razor
01-09-2008, 19:17
I have, in the past, taped the "Paid By Recipent" envelopes to CINDER BLOCKS and dropped them off at the PO!!!

I am humbled by the master! I thought I was being clever filling the envelopes with old nuts, bolts and washers...I now see I was only scratching the surface! :D

warrottjr
01-09-2008, 19:34
Govt issued card is Citi....My GI credit card for Gallant Knight, Gallant Eagle, Bright Star and Desert Storm was Diners Club.

The Reaper
01-09-2008, 19:57
And that is the problem.

As long as the transaction is legal, I see no reason that they should be placing restrictions on it. Can they decide to disregard portions of the Bill of Rights at their discretion? What if they did not want to handle transactions for people of a certain race or ethnicity?

A non-face to face transfer is no more than buying the weapon from CDNN using your credit card, and having it delivered to your local Federally licensed firearms dealer where it is processed and you are required to do the same paperwork as if you drove to the seller, like CDNN's physical store.

It is a good way to order unusual items and to save money.

CitiBank can kiss my lily white ass. I will no longer do business with them while they have this policy. I guess breaking the law and being an illegal alien is not a concern, but ordering a firearm legally is a crime.:rolleyes:

There are plenty of credit card issuers and banks out there who do not attmept to impose their morals on others. Pick one.

TR

brownapple
01-09-2008, 20:26
As long as the transaction is legal, I see no reason that they should be placing restrictions on it.

Bingo.

The letter fails to address why they think they have a right to restrict specific legal transactions.

Patriot007
01-09-2008, 22:27
Mail back their solicitations with your stamp of disapproval with courtesy from the range.

stickey
01-17-2008, 09:03
They wont allow gun purchases but will contract with the biggest "gun-toting" military in the world...to help them pay for travel to and from places where weapons are used, bought, etc... Found it interesting.
----------------------------------------------

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/01/fed_travelcard_080116/

DoD contracts with Citibank for travel cards

By Gregg Carlstrom - Staff writer
Posted : Wednesday Jan 16, 2008 18:26:26 EST

Beginning in November, the Defense Department’s 1 million-plus employees will get new travel cards.

The Pentagon announced Wednesday it would contract with Citibank for the travel cards.

The cards, which come with no interest rates and delayed late fees, will be activated on Nov. 30. Citibank is providing the cards for DoD under the General Services Administration’s SmartPay 2 contract.

Defense travelers account for more than 60 percent of government-wide travel spending: The department expects to charge about $40 billion over a 10-year period.

Bank of America provides travel card services for the department. But the bank dropped out of the bidding for follow-on contracts, saying the program was not financially worthwhile. The Defense Travel Management Office says it will work with both banks to minimize disruption when the new cards are activated.

Ret10Echo
01-17-2008, 09:46
I caught a soundbite of this earlier in the week.... I was trying to see where they were going and I seem to recall Dubai was one investor they were seeking.

Citigroup, Merrill Seek More Foreign Capital

By David Enrich, Randall Smith and Damian Paletta

Two of the biggest names on Wall Street are going hat in hand, again, to foreign investors.

Citigroup Inc. and Merrill Lynch & Co., two companies that just named new chief executives after being burned by the troubles in the U.S. housing market, recently raised billions of dollars from outside investors. Now, they are in discussions to get additional infusions of capital from investors, primarily foreign governments.

Merrill is expected to get $3 billion to $4 billion, much of it from a Middle Eastern government investment fund. Citi could get as much as $10 billion, likely all from foreign governments.