PDA

View Full Version : Antique Remington Rolling Block - Cal. 50/70

Penn
01-06-2008, 17:46
Antique Remington Rolling Block - Cal. 50/70 - "New York Contract" or Remington Experimental" - Barrel length 36" All metal is nickel or brass - Very fine condition/with some pitting - Very nice even golden brown patina with worn spots. This is a fully functional breach loading firearm of circa 1869. Has three line Remington marking and patent dates on tang. Reads first line " REMINGTONS ILION N.Y. U.S.A." - Second line - " PAT. MAY 3rd NOV 15th 1864 APRIL 17th 1866" . Three barrel bans and rear sling swivel attached to action. Extremely high, curved hammer spur: thumb lever for breech block protrudes outward with locking action (returns to half cock when breech is closed). Barrel has Royal Crown markings on left side near action, on top of the barrel and on the side plate. Rear sight adjustable in increments of hundred yard markings - the letter "H" or “R” stamped on left side of action. This rifle is in very excellent shape! Wood is in excellent condition with cartouche left and right on wrist/grip area of stock . All metal parts are in perfect working condition/ firing pins appear worn. ( dry fired I assume) Rifle bore is mint. This is a original Remington Rolling Block!
SS#72346

incommin
01-06-2008, 18:46
Are you advertising a sale????

Jim

The Reaper
01-06-2008, 19:38
Penn:

You might review the rules for this forum.

Sales require a price, etc. This ain't ebay.

Nice shootin' iron, though!

TR

HOLLiS
01-06-2008, 19:52
Let me add, Where is the Photo?

Man does not live on text alone.

Penn
01-07-2008, 10:55
I'll try to get a photograph soon, the rifle is not in nyc, but at my shack at the beach, could be a week. I don't know it's worth, so did not post a price. I would prefer a trade for a .40 cal pistol.

incommin
01-07-2008, 11:25
I'll try to get a photograph soon, the rifle is not in nyc, but at my shack at the beach, could be a week. I don't know it's worth, so did not post a price. I would prefer a trade for a .40 cal pistol.

Your antique is going to be worth more than any .40 cal pistol I know of...

Jim

Team Sergeant
01-07-2008, 12:39

I've got a few .40's and I throw in lessons to with them!;)

jatx
01-07-2008, 12:51
I've got a few .40's and I throw in lessons to with them!;)

Penn, opportunity is knocking, you should answer! :)

The Reaper
01-07-2008, 13:02
Any interstate gun swapping, even face to face, is going to face some serious legal hurdles.

In addition to the relevant Federal laws, NY is one of the more restrictive states when it comes to firearms and Gov. Spitzer has been pretty zealous in persecuting firearms offenders.

I would caution all involved to check on the legality prior to initiating any such action.

Just my .02, YMMV.

TR

Penn
01-07-2008, 15:12
NJ Law in regards to this transaction.
NEW JERSEY ADMINISTRATIVE CODE
TITLE 13. LAW AND PUBLIC SAFETY
CHAPTER 54. FIREARMS AND WEAPONS

13:54-1.2 Definitions
"Antique cannon" means any weapon which satisfies the definition of an antique firearm and which is also capable of
firing a projectile of a caliber greater than .60 caliber, except a shotgun or shotgun ammunition generally recognized as
suitable for sporting purposes.

"Antique firearm" means any firearm which is incapable of being fired or discharged, or which does not fire fixed
ammunition regardless of date of manufacture, or was manufactured before 1898 for which cartridge ammunition is not
commercially available, and is possessed as a curiosity or ornament or for its historical significance or value.
13:54-1.3 Firearm identification card or permit to purchase required
(a) No person, other than a licensed or registered retail or wholesale dealer, shall receive, purchase or otherwise acquire
a rifle, shotgun or antique cannon, other than an antique rifle or shotgun, unless that person possesses and exhibits a valid
firearms purchaser identification card. No person shall sell, give, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of a rifle, shotgun
or antique cannon to a person other than a licensed or registered retail or wholesale dealer unless the buyer or receiver
possesses and exhibits a valid firearms purchaser identification card. No person shall sell or acquire a sawed-off shotgun

I've contact Shore Shot Pistol Range; where I shoot. They agreed to be the middle man. If your still interested, I'll take the rifle to them for shipping. They will receive the pistol and hold it until I complete the paper works on a licence application 2-3month wait.
Now, as for the lessons...whats the commute???

Team Sergeant
01-07-2008, 15:59
NJ Law in regards to this transaction.
NEW JERSEY ADMINISTRATIVE CODE
TITLE 13. LAW AND PUBLIC SAFETY
CHAPTER 54. FIREARMS AND WEAPONS

13:54-1.2 Definitions
"Antique cannon" means any weapon which satisfies the definition of an antique firearm and which is also capable of
firing a projectile of a caliber greater than .60 caliber, except a shotgun or shotgun ammunition generally recognized as
suitable for sporting purposes.

"Antique firearm" means any firearm which is incapable of being fired or discharged, or which does not fire fixed
ammunition regardless of date of manufacture, or was manufactured before 1898 for which cartridge ammunition is not
commercially available, and is possessed as a curiosity or ornament or for its historical significance or value.
13:54-1.3 Firearm identification card or permit to purchase required
(a) No person, other than a licensed or registered retail or wholesale dealer, shall receive, purchase or otherwise acquire
a rifle, shotgun or antique cannon, other than an antique rifle or shotgun, unless that person possesses and exhibits a valid
firearms purchaser identification card. No person shall sell, give, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of a rifle, shotgun
or antique cannon to a person other than a licensed or registered retail or wholesale dealer unless the buyer or receiver
possesses and exhibits a valid firearms purchaser identification card. No person shall sell or acquire a sawed-off shotgun

I've contact Shore Shot Pistol Range; where I shoot. They agreed to be the middle man. If your still interested, I'll take the rifle to them for shipping. They will receive the pistol and hold it until I complete the paper works on a licence application 2-3month wait.
Now, as for the lessons...whats the commute???

LOL, I'll be in NYC in a few months.... or you are more than welcome to come and visit Phoenix AZ! We have a nice desert to shoot in and we're very pro-gun out here in the wild wild west.;)

Penn
01-07-2008, 16:06
TS, Will you be in the city? If so, we have to hook up...as to the other matter bring a bag.

Team Sergeant
01-07-2008, 18:01
TS, Will you be in the city? If so, we have to hook up...as to the other matter bring a bag.

Yes sir I will be in the city! I'll be there about a week. (I intend to visit your restaurant before I leave!)

Penn
01-21-2008, 10:35
TS, Thanks for the help. d

The Reaper
01-21-2008, 10:46
Beautiful piece.

I like the presentation as well.

TR

HOLLiS
01-21-2008, 15:04
Thank you for the photos, very beautiful rifle.

Penn
08-20-2008, 11:24
The rifle descibed in this thread was stolen last night when my restaurant was robbed. If anyone see a rifle like this offered on the web for sale please contact me.

BryanK
08-20-2008, 11:39
That's awful Penn. It may not help much, but I'll keep an eye out on forums that have trading/sales of antique firearms for it. Pawn shops nearby are a good place to start hunting. Plus they have to show ID so it shouldn't be too hard to track 'em down.

Soft Target
08-20-2008, 18:37
The rifle descibed in this thread was stolen last night when my restaurant was robbed. If anyone see a rifle like this offered on the web for sale please contact me.

Saw the pictures and fell in love. Now some asswipe broke my heart. It is a beautiful weapon.

C-Fro
08-22-2008, 19:39
I wish the best of luck to you Penn.
That was certainly a beautiful rifle you had.
Keep us updated.