PDA

View Full Version : P'kal

dmgedgoods
01-04-2008, 15:45
I have heard great things of this knife. Recently witnessed an instructional video on some techniques using the P'kal as a handy weapon of self-defense. Anybody have any experience with this blade/technique?

Shawn

Firearmz
01-04-2008, 17:23
I have one of the P-kal's and like it. SouthNarc got Sypderco to pick up production of the knife. The stud on top of the spine is removable if you do not want the assisted opening (wave type thing). How ever you need to carry the knife up at the top of the pocket with the wave pin in installed. It opens easily and yes it is sharp, I won't say anymore :rolleyes: They are also in the process of making a trainer for the knife. I have several other knives by SouthNarcs design, the Clinch Pick and the Disciple.

In real force on force training we did discover a pocket folder (even with a clip) is not as fast as a small fixed blade like the clinch pick this comes basically having to access the weapon and open it while in the fight. As most of you know things go pretty good static, get things going a little bit and better have plan b. Thats the neat knife to get if you can find one, they usually sell as fast as they are made. The current productions are going to be titanium with a tungsten carbide edge.

The original clinch picks grip panels were made from the excess exterior parts of the F22 Raptor.