PDA

View Full Version : Feelings towards 18x'ers...

just_hank
12-27-2007, 00:04
First off let me say that I have the utmost respect for QP's and I have found this site to be extremely helpful in answering my questions from day 1.

Now, a little background explanation to my question...as i stated in my introduction, i had the priviledge of sitting down and speaking with an 18e with quite a few years in SF. He explained to me that he went into SF as an 18x'er himself and went on to explain that there were some SF guys who did not hold 18x'ers in very high regard. His point was that guys in his ODA were surprised to find that he was an 18x'er himself...so here is my question: What are your own feelings towards 18x QP's and the reason for those feelings? Are there any current 18x QP's on here? what have your experiences been?

Thank you for your time and God Bless...

Pete
12-27-2007, 04:29
New guys have and always will be judged on their actions and their ability to learn.

The Reaper
12-27-2007, 06:20
And the Search button is your friend.

TR

just_hank
12-27-2007, 09:14
understood sir, with all due respect i did search for this topic for awhile and found nothing.

The Reaper
12-27-2007, 10:24
With all due respect in return, there are several threads pertaining to 18Xs that delve into this topic.

Respectfully suggest that you start reading down through the threads in this forum, and the other forums within Special Forces, and I think you will see that this is old business. There is no point in starting a new thread and soliciting new comments from people who have already spoken to this topic before, just to save you the trouble of looking for it.

You might also look around and see that many of the members who started posting in these forums as 18X candidates are now QPs, so yes, they are here if you care to look for them.

Situational Awareness and self-motivation will get you far in life.

Best of luck.

TR

just_hank
12-27-2007, 10:55
most appreciated TR...my apologies for taking your time. Ill look harder in the future.

The Reaper
12-27-2007, 12:01
most appreciated TR...my apologies for taking your time. Ill look harder in the future.

No worries.

With 251 search hits for 18X as of a few minutes ago, you can learn a lot about the topic pretty quickly, and I know of no other site with this many QPs and 18Xs posting.

TR

just_hank
12-27-2007, 12:46
most definitely agreed sir.

scmarines9303
04-22-2008, 15:06
But I love the BLUF you gentlemen provide here. There is no BS and no waste of time with post getting started again. Ya'll get to the point make your statement and carry on!! SF is alot like the Marine Corps was. Semper Fi Gentlemen!!!

BLUF for you that dont know

bottom line up front!!!!

Books
04-23-2008, 14:05
TR,

Quick question Sir: Do you have the verbiage:

With all due respect in return, there are several threads pertaining to 18Xs that delve into this topic.

Respectfully suggest that you start reading down through the threads in this forum, and the other forums within Special Forces, and I think you will see that this is old business. There is no point in starting a new thread and soliciting new comments from people who have already spoken to this topic before, just to save you the trouble of looking for it.

You might also look around and see that many of the members who started posting in these forums as 18X candidates are now QPs, so yes, they are here if you care to look for them.

Situational Awareness and self-motivation will get you far in life.

Best of luck.

and others like it sitting on a digital note pad so you can quickly redirect the young and uninformed? Seems it would save you tonnes of typing. . . :D This version is more generous in tone than others I've read from you in the past, but the content remains the same.

cheers,

Books

The Reaper
04-23-2008, 14:14
TR,

Quick question Sir: Do you have the verbiage:

and others like it sitting on a digital note pad so you can quickly redirect the young and uninformed? Seems it would save you tonnes of typing. . . :D This version is more generous in tone than others I've read from you in the past, but the content remains the same.

cheers,

Books

Negative, I make them up fresh, each and every time.

I am a respectful and polite person till it is time to not be nice any more.

TR

Books
04-23-2008, 14:20
Negative, I make them up fresh, each and every time.

I am a respectful and polite person till it is time to not be nice any more.

TR

Roger that. Generous in typing as well as tone.

Back to work.

Books

Surgicalcric
04-23-2008, 19:49
...Back to work...

You have a job?? :D

Crip

Books
04-24-2008, 17:27
Thanks Crip. I'm feeling the love brother. I picked up some ADSW doing LNO for a school we're putting on later in the year. It's good because not only does the team need the work done, but I need to learn how to do all of this (behind the scenes stuff). . . I honestly had no idea how much work went into putting training/missions together. It's like the experience in the Q was the cliff notes for the real deal. Thank god I can type.

But yeah, no real job civilian-wise as of yet. I've got some prospects (fire, LEO, nursing, contract, etc) plus the missions with 19th. I'm not eating ramen yet.

How's things with you?

Surgicalcric
04-24-2008, 19:24
PM inbound brother.

Crip