PDA

View Full Version : Always Carry

kgoerz
12-24-2007, 16:17
I always do. Especially since I am required by law to these days.
Little country Store one mile from my House was robbed at gun point not two minutes before I pulled in today. They drove off as I was entering the parking lot. ALWAYS CARRY YOUR GUN, EVEN ON X-MASS EVE.

Defender968
12-24-2007, 17:48
Just came back from Christmas Mass it's about 55 degrees where I'm at, had my nice leather jacket on, why you may ask, so I could tuck my shirt in and still carry my pistol. Even if I leave the LE world I'll get a CCP and always carry, too many wolves out there lurking, amongst the sheep.

Irish_Army01
12-24-2007, 17:54
As Mr T always says " I pity the Fools" if you got there 2 minutes earlier!

Happy Christmas Guys and to your Families..

kgoerz
12-24-2007, 19:04
As Mr T always says " I pity the Fools" if you got there 2 minutes earlier!

Happy Christmas Guys and to your Families..

Unfortunately in this day and age. I would of been the one needing pity. If I did gun down two people running out the door with Shotguns. I would be unemployed and sued shortly after.

kgoerz
12-24-2007, 19:16
Didn't mean to be the Fun Police:D

Irish_Army01
12-24-2007, 19:35
Didn't mean to be the Fun Police:D

would that not have been seen as a service to the community?

whitesnake
12-25-2007, 07:13
In the days prior to conceal carry permits in Florida, I had a personal rule" I would rather be caught with one than without one"
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All !

CosaNostraUSMC
12-25-2007, 13:37
In the days prior to conceal carry permits in Florida, I had a personal rule" I would rather be caught with one than without one"
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All !
Ah yes, the old, "I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6", rule. I'm a practitioner of that idea . So, I never leave home without 2 things:

1. A gun.
2. My lawyer's card.

Trip_Wire (RIP)
12-25-2007, 13:44
I always do. Especially since I am required by law to these days.
Little country Store one mile from my House was robbed at gun point not two minutes before I pulled in today. They drove off as I was entering the parking lot. ALWAYS CARRY YOUR GUN, EVEN ON X-MASS EVE.

Me thinks, your preaching to the choir! :D

I always carry at least one pistol and a sturdy knife! — Always!

Firearmz
01-01-2008, 20:35
I always carry, sometimes have to change guns due to NPE but always have one or two.

Ryval
01-07-2008, 11:23
I heard the story of an officer that wasn't carrying the day his church got shot up. His son was hit and the only thing he could do was lay on his son and pray he was the next one hit.

I carry everywhere. I'm a big fan of the belly band so I can even go shorts and t-shirt. I've done some minor training with my family as well. They know the two commands "go" and "Stay". 'Go' is my wife grabs the kids and finds the nearest point of cover. 'Stay' is she grabs the kids and my belt and moves with me. Please, train with your family so they don't freeze when you need them to move.

Beyond that, for those who have such laws, I'm looking into the Posse Com. law. I'm debating on getting my wife a little 9mm and carrying that in a small of the back holster. If the excrement hits the bladed air moving device, I deputize her, she grabs the 9mm and we go.

Unfortunatly, being in Wisconsin (one of the last 2 states without CCW) I have to find loop holes like that...

AerovacTech
01-08-2008, 01:18
I wish we had CCW here in Illinois. This is the worst state when it comes to firearms. Seems like the rest of Illinois gets penalized for the laws generated because of Chicago.

ODA 226
01-09-2008, 07:11
I returned to Virginia in September after spending 13 years in Eastern Europe and 3 years in Iraq. Being former law enforcement and having run into someone that I put in prison many moons ago, I felt it prudent to get my CCW. I just applied for it yesterday.

stickey
01-09-2008, 12:05
I returned to Virginia in September after spending 13 years in Eastern Europe and 3 years in Iraq. Being former law enforcement and having run into someone that I put in prison many moons ago, I felt it prudent to get my CCW. I just applied for it yesterday.

Dobrodosli to the great Old Dominion once again. I need to get mine as well.

18C4V
01-09-2008, 19:31
I always carry mine off duty along with some handcuffs and my dept issued nextell. I only had to draw down once and that was years ago. I'm a big fan of "it's better to have and not need, then need and not have"