PDA

View Full Version : OEF Non-Tactical Vehicle Load Plan

forestbrother
12-22-2007, 15:55
Say I was going to ride around Afghanistan in a Toyota Tacoma for a week handing out teddy bears or some sh*t, remaining overnight at austere locations. I'd need a load plan or packing list. I've looked all over the place and no one seems to have one.

-forestbrother

2018commo
12-23-2007, 04:47
Well Sir, glad you made it here, looks like Randy found you a good assignment this time.:lifter
OPSEC is lived and breathed here, it will take the MODS a bit to make sure you are legit, then expect some PM's; the information on this site is staggering.
In the short term call me next week, with RUF and we will put a basic outline
together.
Merry Christmas
MSG O

forestbrother
12-23-2007, 11:07
Merry Christmas!

-MAJ S

jbour13
12-23-2007, 11:22
Water down a tactical vehicle plan and run with what you have. Depending on amount of troopers you are taking and what kind of area you are running will definately dictate your posture and need for additional goodies.

Weeks without proper food.

Days without adequate water.

Minutes without ammo.

Your call. PM me your location if you'd like and I can send you an email on the red side if you'd like about local problems you may face.

SSG B

Snaquebite
12-23-2007, 11:47
PM Sent...

forestbrother
12-24-2007, 06:56
It seems like the Convoy Leader's Handbook is made for big convoys in Iraq vs. small inconspicuous NTV ops in OEF. Thanks anyway though.

GOLO
12-24-2007, 09:17
Sir,
Sound like you have an good assignment.. I'm would love to do something like that. After my tour is up with here..

Snaquebite
12-24-2007, 10:31
You are correct, However, it (the CLH) has a very goor list to start from to build your vehicle equipment list. IMHO your list will change based on your mission specifics.