PDA

View Full Version : The Devil Made Me Do It

Jack Moroney (RIP)
12-22-2007, 12:58
We have about 20 inches of snow on the ground and are waiting for a nasty day tomorrow with a mix of rain and snow. Now a twenty inch snow load on my roof is not really that bad but add water to it and it can be a problem. Not being one to ask anyone for help I spent the last four and one half hours shoveling and pulling snow off of two rooves. As I was finishing up, my left forearm started to cramp up which resulted in my left ring finger rising to a vertical position perpendicular to my palm. The only way to put it back into position parallel with the rest of my fingers was to push it back with the other hand. It continued doing this until I stopped gripping the snow shovel I was using. Now I was sort of glad I was not in mixed company and that it was my middle digit that was involuntarily performing this reflex. The only excuse I could have made, had that been the case, would have been that the devil made me do it.

Snaquebite
12-22-2007, 13:08
I'm trying to picture... "COL Jack - POSSESSED"

Razor
12-23-2007, 01:43
Sir, you may want to pull out that BFB of Motrin in preparation for the next couple days. 4 hours of shoveling wet, heavy, New England snow isn't going to go without due corporeal punishment.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
12-23-2007, 06:05
You see the little emoticon at the end of this post. That's not popcorn; that's me with the motrin bottle:munchin:D

Actually took one before I started, one after I finished and one before I hit the sack. Just have the normal groaners this morning. Left a little snow on the small roof so St. Nick could still land the sleigh.

echoes
12-23-2007, 06:50
You see the little emoticon at the end of this post. That's not popcorn; that's me with the motrin bottle:munchin:D

Actually took one before I started, one after I finished and one before I hit the sack. Just have the normal groaners this morning. Left a little snow on the small roof so St. Nick could still land the sleigh.

Greetings Sir.;)

Am not qualified to give medical advice, but wanted to say be careful up there on the roof! There have been santa sightings around here, with reports of wild angry reindeer searching for the clintons house, to decend upon.:D

Take care Sir,

Holly

Bill Harsey
12-23-2007, 13:15
Jack,
This would take rigging only one tail tree for the standing skyline from a triple drum swing yarder with 40 ft. boom. The drag line bucket would do all the work and you wouldn't have to hand shovel anymore.

jbour13
12-23-2007, 13:41
Jack,
This would take rigging only one tail tree for the standing skyline from a triple drum swing yarder with 40 ft. boom. The drag line bucket would do all the work and you wouldn't have to hand shovel anymore.

Got a good line on roofers that do good plywood and shingles Bill??? :D

Who gets to climb the trees now...... 1....2.....3.......Not It!!

Sacamuelas
12-23-2007, 20:33
Bill-
That is one helluva little sketch. I am continually amazed at your talents. :cool: Merry Christmas

x SF med
12-26-2007, 11:13
I'm trying to picture... "COL Jack - POSSESSED"

Jack,

Col Jack is posessed, he's SF.
Bill Harsey is posessed - he's a logger.

Col Jack may be committed if he uses Harsey's 'Rube Goldberg' Oregon snow removal device up there in Vermont, but he'd never get the plans passed by the County ... it might skin the bark on a tree or potentially displace a few insects or birds.

Col Jack - my medical advice, as one of the 10th SFG medics, is Gluhwein, or Asbach Uralt, with motrin, and a nice warm fire - and next time, skirt the child labor laws and get the grandkids or kids to clean off the roof!!! sounds like you miss the Ft Devens CONUS Wintex's up in ME, NH, UT, and NY...