PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Article on Wartime mistakes

bluebb
12-18-2007, 14:03
I found the link to this excellent article on Black 5's web site.

http://claremont.org/publications/crb/id.1500/article_detail.asp#

In War: Resolution by Victor Davis Hanson

Blue

Dad
12-18-2007, 15:18
Please tell me if I am right. I am certain the military has made mistakes in Iraq, ALL organizations make mistakes. The blunders I reserve for civilians with no military experience who dictated to the military. Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

The Reaper
12-18-2007, 15:36
Please tell me if I am right. I am certain the military has made mistakes in Iraq, ALL organizations make mistakes. The blunders I reserve for civilians with no military experience who dictated to the military. Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

I thought that it was a good article, with some technical errors.

Failure to teach military history in our schools is a good way for us to repeatedly relearn from the same mistakes. Especially with an all-volunteer military.

The Constitution of this counrty establishes civilian control of the military. It never mentions that they have to have military experience, or virtually all of the Dems would be gone, and quite a few of the Repubs.

TR

Snaquebite
12-18-2007, 15:58
Failure to teach military history in our schools is a good way for us to repeatedly relearn from the same mistakes

I agree, however, an even worse mistake is to not teach or require military history reading throughout the military; with a few exceptions.