PDA

View Full Version : Carnival Cruise w/ 100+ QPs

gagners
12-03-2007, 15:23
Gents-

Last night, I returned from a belated (due to OIF) honeymoon cruise with the wife on Carnival's Valor cruiseship. On the same cruise, there was a QP association gathering, with somewhere in the vicinity of 100-150 QPs (mostly retired) present.

At the veteran's get-together, I got to sit and listen to some wonderful stories and my wife mentioned that she's never seen such comraderie. I told her that's because she's never seen such an extraordinary collection of men before.

If you were there, it was a pleasure cruising with you - the rest of us 2900 passengers were grateful to have you aboard.

echoes
12-03-2007, 15:30
Wow! What an amazing experience that must have been.

Am envious! :D

Holly

Trip_Wire (RIP)
12-03-2007, 15:47
Gents-

Last night, I returned from a belated (due to OIF) honeymoon cruise with the wife on Carnival's Valor cruiseship. On the same cruise, there was a QP association gathering, with somewhere in the vicinity of 100-150 QPs (mostly retired) present.

At the veteran's get-together, I got to sit and listen to some wonderful stories and my wife mentioned that she's never seen such comraderie. I told her that's because she's never seen such an extraordinary collection of men before.

If you were there, it was a pleasure cruising with you - the rest of us 2900 passengers were grateful to have you aboard.

Wow! That's great!

My wife and I do two cruises a year on the Princess cruise line. I always attend any Veterans meeting and LE meetings that are held and there usually is a Veterans gathering.

So far, on the cruises we've taken (16) I have yet to meet a fellow paratrooper, much less a QP and/or Ranger on board. Many are WWII Veterans.

My next cruise in 2008, we fly to Sydney, AU and come back Via New Zealand, South Pacific, Hawaii and into SF, CA. (31 Sea Days) (Princess Sapphire) :lifter

Gypsy
12-03-2007, 18:39
That had to be amazing! And the honeymoon, too. :D

gagners
12-03-2007, 20:16
It truly was quite an experience. As far as the Vietnam QPs, my only knowledge of them/things they've done comes from this board and Plaster's books. It was amazing to hear some stuff first hand. I mean, when I read Plaster's books, it almost seemed impossible that people could do what these men did - and I got to sit down, have a beer, and listen to them. The only thing I said during the whole get-together was "thank you" - what else was there to say?

Really, truly top quality gentlemen - QPs or not.

They also had a "Save the Montagnard People" get together, but it was during the ship's "Newlywed game" and the wifey was not about to let me skip out on that. :rolleyes:

lksteve
12-03-2007, 20:28
bet they had to restock the bar...probably had a barge in tow, just in case...:D

x SF med
12-03-2007, 20:53
bet they had to restock the bar...probably had a barge in tow, just in case...:D

Good reason to have the bubbleheads on the Teams, they could get to the barge and retrieve the "packages" from the store... (ok, the Devens guys will get that last little bit of double entendre)