PDA

View Full Version : LATimes calling CNN CORRUPT

Team Sergeant
12-03-2007, 10:32
CNN: Corrupt News Network
A self-serving agenda was set for the Republican presidential debates.
December 1, 2007
latimes.com

THE United States is at war in the Middle East and Central Asia, the economy is writhing like a snake with a broken back, oil prices are relentlessly climbing toward $100 a barrel and an increasing number of Americans just can't afford to be sick with anything that won't be treated with aspirin and bed rest.

So, when CNN brought the Republican presidential candidates together this week for what is loosely termed a "debate," what did the country get but a discussion of immigration, Biblical inerrancy and the propriety of flying the Confederate flag?

In fact, this most recent debacle masquerading as a presidential debate raises serious questions about whether CNN is ethically or professionally suitable to play the political role the Democratic and Republican parties recently have conceded it.

Selecting a president is, more than ever, a life and death business, and a news organization that consciously injects itself into the process, as CNN did by hosting Wednesday's debate, incurs a special responsibility to conduct itself in a dispassionate and, most of all, disinterested fashion. When one considers CNN's performance, however, the adjectives that leap to mind are corrupt and incompetent.

Corruption is a strong word. But consider these facts: The gimmick behind Wednesday's debate was that the questions would be selected from those that ordinary Americans submitted to the video sharing Internet website YouTube, which is owned by Google. According to CNN, its staff culled through 5,000 submissions to select the handful that were put to the candidates. That process essentially puts the lie to the vox populi aura the association with YouTube was meant to create. When producers exercise that level of selectivity, the questions -- whoever initially formulated and recorded them -- actually are theirs.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...la-home-center

rubberneck
12-03-2007, 10:42
Isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black? Both companies are beyond redemption.

incommin
12-03-2007, 10:43
When I think of CNN I think of Hanoi Jane..... and the Clinton news network....so the crap they pulled doesn't surprise me..... What does surprise me is other news agencies besides Fox calling them out on it.....

Jim

monsterhunter
12-03-2007, 11:24
When I think of CNN I think of Hanoi Jane..... and the Clinton news network....so the crap they pulled doesn't surprise me..... What does surprise me is other news agencies besides Fox calling them out on it.....

Jim

Nor am I surprised with the Communist News Network; however, I can hardly believe the LA Times is taking a shot. Out here a lot of us refer to the Times by its other name - Pravda.

HOLLiS
12-03-2007, 11:47
Isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black? Both companies are beyond redemption.

That was my first thoughts too.

Gypsy
12-03-2007, 18:41
Heh. Oh the irony. Maybe they'll all turn on each other.

Goggles Pizano
12-03-2007, 23:23
"Now I know why tigers eat their young!" Rodney Dangerfield-caddyshack

brownapple
12-03-2007, 23:33

Maybe the LA Times is trying to change its image? They recently published an Op-Ed written by Robert D. Kaplan called "Unheralded military successes" as well.

PSM
12-04-2007, 00:04
Maybe the LA Times is trying to change its image? They recently published an Op-Ed written by Robert D. Kaplan called "Unheralded military successes" as well.

Sheep in wolf's clothing. I used to walk the dog in the morning and see the La Slimes on almost all driveways and waved to the "paperboy" as he drove by. Now...nothing. No paper and no delivery guy. I doubt the ex-subscribers will notice or, if they do, believe that they really changed.

Pat

brownapple
12-04-2007, 00:06
Sheep in wolf's clothing. I used to walk the dog in the morning and see the La Slimes on almost all driveways and waved to the "paperboy" as he drove by. Now...nothing. No paper and no delivery guy.

Pat

Well, that could explain a lot, couldn't it?

"Change the focus! We're losing subscribers!"

The Reaper
12-04-2007, 06:09
Well, that could explain a lot, couldn't it?

"Change the focus! We're losing subscribers!"

Hasn't changed anything at the NY Times.:munchin

TR

brownapple
12-04-2007, 08:49
Hasn't changed anything at the NY Times.:munchin

TR

NYers are a hard-headed bunch. :D