PDA

View Full Version : 18B schools

Meridian
12-02-2007, 14:49
I realize that schools aren't everything, but if someone could let me know which schools an 18B, entering as a REP-63, can expect to attend during his initial enlistment term, I would appreciate it. Thanks,

Ben

The Reaper
12-02-2007, 14:50
I realize that schools aren't everything, but if someone could let me know which schools an 18B, entering as a REP-63, can expect to attend during his initial enlistment term, I would appreciate it. Thanks,

Ben

Basic, AIT, Airborne, SFPC, SFAS, PLDC, SFQC.

Why?

TR

x SF med
12-03-2007, 09:21
Why?

TR

x2 - What TR said. Worry about the 25m target, you sound like a badgefinder.

Ret10Echo
12-03-2007, 09:58

Ben

Quite possibly none if you suck.

25 meter

Meridian
12-04-2007, 16:14
Thanks for the information. I was asking because I was told by a recruiter that advanced schools would be available to Guard guys almost immediately after completing the SFQC. Glad to have that cleared up.

The Reaper
12-04-2007, 17:52
Thanks for the information. I was asking because I was told by a recruiter that advanced schools would be available to Guard guys almost immediately after completing the SFQC. Glad to have that cleared up.

Again, I have to ask, is that your motivation for joining?

TR

ranger2339
12-04-2007, 18:05

There is a key word in there, try to find it. Just worrie about basic,AIT and airborne. When you get to your unit, they will let you know what schools you will need or are ready to go to. Thats if you even make it that far.

Axe

Abu Jack
12-04-2007, 18:52
Quite possibly none if you suck.

What RET10Echo said X2. That's the last question you should be asking.

Abu Jack

LeapingGnome
12-04-2007, 22:50
Recent rep-63 SFQC grad here....

I echo TR in all of his infinite wisdom...

From where you stand now, basic training is an advanced school....

The biggest question you need to answer for yourself is why are you joining the armed services of the good ole US of A? If I had an SF career ending injury I would still be the best damn "insert the blank" MOS that I could in service of my country. I joined the service with the "hope" of attaining an 18 series job but my base desire is to serve in any capacity that I am able to the best of my ability.

Meridian
12-05-2007, 07:16
Thanks again for the replies. I just like to have all the information on hand when I make a decision. If a recruiter tells me something that doesn't sound right, I like to confirm and go from there. Schools aren't the reason for joining SF. As for my motivation to join, I wish it were as simple as "I want to serve my country," but while that is certainly part of it, that doesn't tell the whole the story. If you really want to know the depth of my motivation, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to the best of my abilities.

Razor
12-06-2007, 01:20
I just like to have all the information on hand when I make a decision.

If that's the case, you're really going to dislike a career in the Army, and in SF particularly.

Books
12-06-2007, 02:16
If that's the case, you're really going to dislike a career in the Army, and in SF particularly.

We get information? Huh? What? I'm confused!