PDA

View Full Version : White Ops/ Vanilla SF?

MuscleMemory462
11-30-2007, 21:46
This is PFC Ward, this question seemed unique enough to bear writing. I've been training with Co B 2/19 SFG (A) for about 10 months right after coming home from AIT (92G: Cook lol) Their high success rate in training guys in the key factors and getting them to SFAS really pursuaded me to train. The confidence increase was exponential, But most guys who dream of SF want to go active. I've heard of AD transfers for stellar Guard Fs and stuff but it's controversial within the guard and any talking about it is firmly discouraged. I've also heard that an SF soldiers career usually starts and ends in a single group and don't want to be strung out.
I wonder of the possibilities of giving 18X contracts to Guard members qualified in other MOS's, or transfers out of the guard into the active army and getting sure slots in SFAS and Airborne (actualy I was forced out of the unit pending a transfer when a Guard IBCT picked me up for a deployment). I've figured I've already adressed the key factors of failure as addressed in the book "get selected!" But if the guard guys slot me and get me Q'de, am I forever doomed as a "Weekend warrior"? I would explode from boredom.

Geo
11-30-2007, 21:51
:munchin

The Reaper
11-30-2007, 21:58
This is PFC Ward, this question seemed unique enough to bear writing. I've been training with Co B 2/19 SFG (A) for about 10 months right after coming home from AIT (92G: Cook lol) Their high success rate in training guys in the key factors and getting them to SFAS really pursuaded me to train. The confidence increase was exponential, But most guys who dream of SF want to go active. I've heard of AD transfers for stellar Guard Fs and stuff but it's controversial within the guard and any talking about it is firmly discouraged. I've also heard that an SF soldiers career usually starts and ends in a single group and don't want to be strung out.
I wonder of the possibilities of giving 18X contracts to Guard members qualified in other MOS's, or transfers out of the guard into the active army and getting sure slots in SFAS and Airborne (actualy I was forced out of the unit pending a transfer when a Guard IBCT picked me up for a deployment). I've figured I've already adressed the key factors of failure as addressed in the book "get selected!" But if the guard guys slot me and get me Q'de, am I forever doomed as a "Weekend warrior"? I would explode from boredom.

Why have you not complied with the instructions in your registration message?

Have you read the rules here and followed them?

Have you missed the numerous examples of people who started a new threat with a question that had been asked several times before?

The search button is your friend.

Finally, I have to ask why you would join a Guard unit as a spoon if you really wanted to be an SF soldier. Were you unfamiliar with the Guard duty cycles? Why not go the 18X route?

You need to get your head out of your fourth point of contact and learn to follow simple instructions before posting again.

TR