PDA

View Full Version : NYT- All the treason fit to print

rubberneck
11-17-2007, 17:35
I can't think of a new outlet that has disclosed more secret information over the past decade. I doubt that the could even self censor themselves at this point.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/18/washington/18nuke.html?ei=5065&en=86bc1585570f74c6&ex=1195966800&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print

JMI
11-17-2007, 17:56
The newspaper agreed to delay publication of the article after considering a request from the Bush administration, which argued that premature disclosure could hurt the effort to secure the weapons......Early this week, the White House withdrew its request that publication be withheld, though it was unwilling to discuss details of the program.

I think the Administration was on board, at least as far as not asking them to sit on the story again.

But while Pakistan is formally considered a “major non-NATO ally,” the program has been hindered by a deep suspicion among Pakistan’s military that the secret goal of the United States was to gather intelligence about how to locate and, if necessary, disable Pakistan’s arsenal, which is the pride of the country
I don't blame them. Why would I show the US where every nuke my country owns is located? So they can change their minds and give the information to their other ally, India?

rubberneck
11-17-2007, 18:06
I think the Administration was on board, at least as far as not asking them to sit on the story again.

I didn't read it that way. They knew the Times was going to run with the story either way so the best they could do was to get them to delay it. Even then they are disclosing Secret information that could effect our national security.

Team Sergeant
11-17-2007, 19:11
This is not surprising.

The nyt will soon be internet only.

The company is in trouble and I've little doubt they will print anything to boost their newspaper sales.