PDA

View Full Version : WO - 5th SF

Aesop
11-14-2007, 18:38
Good Day Men,
My father has served with the 5th, and since my ultimate desire is with the 5th I opted for posting it here. If I am out of place please excuse my ignorance, wasn't sure which would be optimal for my circumstances.

I was originally going to apply for 37f to start my way serving and then go from there to SF. My father told me I should only go through the WO program and my MOS in RWA , but if I do that will I have the ability to apply for the SFs? If yes, which would be more beneficial to my end term achievement?

Would also like to add I will be pursuing my higher education while enlisted.

There, think that is as refined as I can get it. Thank you for your time and wisdom.

Travis

Pete
11-14-2007, 20:56
If you want to become an 180A you will have to first get through the Q Course as an enlisted soldier and then do well on a team.

First things first. Start with reading.

The Reaper
11-14-2007, 21:10
Wouldn't count on a lot of time for college either.

There is a war going on and we are in the thick of it.

Focus on your 25 meter target.

TR

Aesop
11-14-2007, 23:33
Excuse myself, I didn't ask the right question.

Is going through the testing to go in as an army WCO or applying for 37f make any difference really? Or is it really down to serving as a Soldier first and building on my abilities from there to where they lead me? Pay and conditions aside.

If I have to serve before I go to school that is fine, will only make me a better student.

The Reaper
11-15-2007, 06:07
Excuse myself, I didn't ask the right question.

Is going through the testing to go in as an army WCO or applying for 37f make any difference really? Or is it really down to serving as a Soldier first and building on my abilities from there to where they lead me? Pay and conditions aside.

If I have to serve before I go to school that is fine, will only make me a better student.

I do not know what a WCO is, but if you were to enter service as a warrant officer, you would not be able to go SF.

We take enlisted and officers into SF. We make some of our enlisted into warrants, only after (as noted above and extensively elsewhere here) they are selected and trained as enlisted and serve honorably in that capacity.

More reading and searching.

TR

Retired W4
11-15-2007, 07:13
Is going through the testing to go in as an army WCO....

He probably meant WOC. Just a wild guess.

Aesop, read carefully what TR and Pete write.

CPTAUSRET
11-15-2007, 08:15
He probably meant WOC. Just a wild guess.

Aesop, read carefully what TR and Pete write.

Chief:

A WOC is what you throw at a Wabbit, es verdad?:D

T Jerrel
02-20-2010, 20:13
I was there in teh earlly 80s.
Pray about it!