PDA

View Full Version : MOS Designator

scubasam
10-29-2007, 12:10
Just a quick question about the MOS Designator. Is it assigned following the MOS phase or following graduation from the entire course. I have heard that the enlisted MOS are recieving them prior to language blitz, just wondering 18A specific.

Thank you much!

Surgicalcric
10-29-2007, 13:09
It is effective when you have MOS orders in hand; and those orders are given out at graduation with your Tab orders and your SFQC Graduation certificate.

There have been rumors in the past about giving out MOS orders prior to Blitz but nothing ever came of it.

Crip

Aequitas
10-29-2007, 13:32
They tried it with my class, but DA didn't like the idea of guys having orders in hand prior to graduation. They gave us the orders to try and make things smoother for guys reenlisting for bonuses etc. With all the trouble it caused we are the last class to get MOS orders while still in language school.

The Reaper
10-29-2007, 13:46
They tried it with my class, but DA didn't like the idea of guys having orders in hand prior to graduation. They gave us the orders to try and make things smoother for guys reenlisting for bonuses etc. With all the trouble it caused we are the last class to get MOS orders while still in language school.

I think he was asking for an 18A response.

TR

mffjm8509
10-29-2007, 14:31
They tried it with my class, but DA didn't like the idea of guys having orders in hand prior to graduation.

This rumor is completely false. The matter of when to award MOS has nothing to do with "DA". Why would Branch care WHEN SWCS cut your MOS orders?

I worked with SWCS for over a year to get them to initiate the change to current regulatory guidance that authorizes the award of CMF 18 MOSs only after completion of all phases of training. When I departed Branch ("DA") in May all was online with our office to execute early award of MOS orders at the end of MOS phase, but SWCS still had issues to work out through retention and ATTRS to award bonuses through the BEAR program.

Landlubber
10-29-2007, 22:50
For the few 18A-to be's that PCS'd to Ft Lewis (Tagalog and Chinese) we did receive orders that had as under the 18A MOS. However, Branch did tell us that they could easily revert the MOS if needed. We were not authorized to wear the Tab or Beret. Upon return to Ft Bragg (TDY) and the completion of the QC we graduated and received orders to wear both the Tab and Beret. For all intents and purposes we were not 18A's until our graduation. This was done only so Branch could cut us orders to PCS IOT begin language. All the Alphas that stayed at Bragg to complete Language did not have this happen. Hope this answers your question.

Zorro
11-08-2007, 18:11
I noticed that my ORB changed during the 2 month language block to Special Forces as my Branch and my MOS was 18A a few weeks after finishing the 18A phase of the SFQC. I received my 18A orders and all others at the Regimental First Formation the day prior to graduation in July 07. Bottom line is that it doesn't matter. Just finish the course and you'll be an 18A. Then the education begins all over again when you get to group.

Just a recent 18A graduate's observations.

LongWire
11-08-2007, 20:57
Then the education begins all over again when you get to group.

Congratulations and Welcome............I hope your eyes and ears are open!!!!! Hopefully you have a Warrant to Fill you In!!!!!

:lifter