PDA

View Full Version : robinson xcr rifles

soldier506
10-28-2007, 11:10
Hi, wondering if anyone else here at the forum has one of these besides myself? I have one and love it. Since I am a Canadian, we are more limited to private gun ownership with our current gun laws . Many black rifles are considered restricted class or prohibbited . The xcr is considdered non restricted up here. That means it falls in same class as any standard hunting rifle. That was one reason why I picked it, wanted a rifle I can actually shoot anywhere. I also liked the design of it. The 3 pt extractor along with the gas system was something I liked . I also liked the ability to change barrels if needed. I can easily change barrel lengths or calibres to meet shooting conditions. The factory rail mounts were another feature I liked. I can add just about anything onto it without any problems. Things like optics ,bipods are quickly added/removed . The chrome lined match grade barrel also was a plus for improved accuracy . What good is a rifle if can not hit a target. There are many things I like on the xcr . I have had no proplems with mine at all . I use it for all things from hunting to plinking to protection.

Just want to know what your thoughts are on these rifles?

Pete
10-28-2007, 11:32
This one?

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_700/model_700_XCR.asp

700 series

soldier506
10-28-2007, 11:36
http://www.robarm.com/index.htm

kgoerz
10-28-2007, 15:27
http://www.robarm.com/index.htm

Lots of info on these in the H&K Forum. The price is right. I am thinking about ordering one. The wait time is slowly getting longer. They are becoming the DSA of the G3 Rifle.
Do some research on the difference between the parts made here and the original imported parts. Lots of debate about if there is any real difference. Price is definitely different.
They had a design problem early on that was fixed. Other then that I couldn't find anything wrong with them except personal preference. A lot of complaints about the kick. But thats not unusual for this Rifle.
It's explained in more detail over on the H&K Forum. People were worried about a certain manufacturing quality, Receiver I think.
It seems they got a hold of an H&K or G3 manufacturing Machine in South America. Imported it to the States. The one quality component people were concerned about is not a concern with this Machine they imported.
What a find that was.

The Reaper
10-28-2007, 18:02
Lots of info on these in the H&K Forum. The price is right. I am thinking about ordering one. The wait time is slowly getting longer. They are becoming the DSA of the G3 Rifle.
Do some research on the difference between the parts made here and the original imported parts. Lots of debate about if there is any real difference. Price is definitely different.
They had a design problem early on that was fixed. Other then that I couldn't find anything wrong with them except personal preference. A lot of complaints about the kick. But thats not unusual for this Rifle.
It's explained in more detail over on the H&K Forum. People were worried about a certain manufacturing quality, Receiver I think.
It seems they got a hold of an H&K or G3 manufacturing Machine in South America. Imported it to the States. The one quality component people were concerned about is not a concern with this Machine they imported.
What a find that was.

I am not seeing any G3 type parts, it looks to me like an AK derivative.

The thing is damn expensive as well. I can have two nice ARs for what one of these costs, in a single caliber.

What is the advantage of the XCR over the M-4?

TR

Gene Econ
10-28-2007, 19:13
TR

TR:

Well, it just so happens that the XCR web site has an itemized list of advantages. Imagine that? He, he, he.

Take a look. I particularly like the ergonomic thing about the pistol grip. 'Both are the same but ours is still better.'

Gene

soldier506
10-28-2007, 22:40
The info I received from the company was basically they designed the robinson xcr from 3 other rifles. They took some of the best features from each and combined them all together. They came from the AK-47, FN-FAL , anf the M-16 . The company is a small company that in the past produced the stoner expidition rifle. I am very happy with the quality of mine.

There is nothing wrong with the M-16/ M-4 rifles. This is just an alternative and to some like myself a legal alternative.

Things like the stock and the pistol grip can all be changed . Any Ar type pistol grip will fit. The factory stock can be a fixed tube or side folder . It can also use the telescoping M 4 type. The rifle is described as modular . Basically can change to the shooter's choice and conditions.

82ndtrooper
10-29-2007, 03:17
Not sure I'm grasping the legality aspect of the XCR rifle being "non restricted" as a standard "hunting rifle" in your current AO.

Do hunters in your AO use semi automatic rifles for hunting ? If so, why ? Are they taking more than one shot to bag a white tail ? I'm not necessarily saying that semi automatic rifles are not decent hunting rifles. In fact one of my hunting buddies baged a bull elk with an H&K G3 three years ago. He of course loaded only one cartidge in the mag.

With a folding stock, semi automatic operation, rail configuration, with a pistol grip it appears to me be a military style weapon not a "hunting rifle"

Oh, yeah I caught the "pistol grip is better than others" also. But then I glanced over the customer pics, most had swapped out to the Mag PUl MIAD grip. :cool:

kgoerz
10-29-2007, 20:55
I am not seeing any G3 type parts, it looks to me like an AK derivative.

The thing is damn expensive as well. I can have two nice ARs for what one of these costs, in a single caliber.

TR

OOOHHH, The XCR, I thought you said PTR, silly me... Sorry, never heard of it. I Ban myself from the Weapons Area for one week.
Here is what I was thinking of.
http://www.ptr91.com/products_ptr.html