PDA

View Full Version : New radio......

DarkWatch
10-25-2007, 21:20
In the future........

Right out of left field I received a radio I've been trying to get hold of for a couple of years. It is SATCOM spread spetrum. In other words...it takes bandwidth from up to 16 different channels to accumulate enough bandwidth to send its message...over pieces of 16 different channels. That's about as close to laymen's terms as I can get. The signal is still hidden like the 137 and you don't need no stinking freq manager to give you channels. You just program into it whatever SAT channels you want. No one knows you are there.

Problem is...your leadership is more interested in "push-to-talk_ micromanagement and doesn't like this type of clandestine data transmission. So signal security required today for the safety of OUR troops!

Sadly, I had to trans-ship them to Austraila. They are still intrested in being "quiet" professionals.

B. Smith:mad:

Ret10Echo
10-26-2007, 05:25
http://www.sss-mag.com/ss.html#tutorial

glebo
10-26-2007, 10:51
its sounds almost like the SATCOM module for the 137. You can do SATCOM on the 137 as fast or sometimes faster than you can do DAMA on a psc-5. The modules should be coming out soon, if not already.

chilly68
10-27-2007, 08:03
Hey Glebo, I believe we know DarkWatch. Check his profile; I'll ask him on Monday.