PDA

View Full Version : Help please!!

chance
10-20-2007, 17:42
I just got some bad news my buddy that I served in two tours with has been hurt very very bad and that he's at Walter Reed. M question is this is there anyone with a contact there I need to check on him he is a good friend, please if anyone can help pm me I have all of his info SSN, first and last name you name it . If it's true and he is hurt as bad as they say he's going to need all the support that he can get.

Gypsy
10-20-2007, 17:55
I'm really sorry to hear about your friend, chance. My prayers out that he eventually recovers fully.

You might try calling Walter Reed, they may or may not give you info though as you are not family...but it's worth a shot I guess.

chance
10-20-2007, 18:27
I'm also going to try that route, but I think I'm going to hit a wall with it. Just trying to get as many option that I can .

Also If someone works there I wont ask for details just want to check out my source on his injurys from what I've been told there very bad

clapdoc
10-20-2007, 20:18
Hey Chance,

I am very sorry that your friend has been hurt.

I would suggest that you contact your representative or senator's office and ask them to get involved. I am certain that the rep. from Ft. Campbell's area will be able to help you.

clapdoc sends.

Max_Tab
10-21-2007, 00:29
Try contacting his unit. They should have a rear Detachment OIC and NCOIC, and they might be able to help you out a little more than WR.

Eagle5US
10-21-2007, 01:59
Sorry for your friend.

Agree on contacting Rear Det and identifying yourself as a friend of the soldier.

HEARTILY DISAGREE on contacting your congressman - honestly they have better things to do and are going to be sorely disappointed to learn that they are not entitled to any patient information.
Further, any medical person that provides you with information without the expressed permission of the soldier, or his family if he is incapacitated, would be in violation of patient privacy laws.

Good luck-

Eagle

Ret10Echo
10-21-2007, 05:59
Prayers out for your friend.

Eagle is right, because of the HIPAA rules there isn't any medical and very little personal/status you can find out. I had a buddy go through WR who had surgery and the most they would give me after some talking was whether or not he was there....

chance
10-21-2007, 19:23
Thanks guys for all the help I'm going to get ahold of the rear D, also sorry about the frantic post but you know how it is when you hear bad things about your battle buddys