10-13-2007, 04:17
Interesting

The Kriss Super V .45

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=134495&ran=238163

Any opinions?

The Reaper
10-13-2007, 07:33
Shot it, wasn't impressed.

Heavy, clunky, tends to be pretty inaccurate.

TR

jbour13
10-13-2007, 09:19
This one is tugging on the "cool" factor and not the "need" factor. Police Agencies have been working for years to bridge the sidearm to long-rifle need for quite a while. There have been many guns like this one that never made it off the prototype stage because of funding, or capability it lacked. This is another in that category IMO.

I shot it and was equally unimpressed. Muzzle rise was much better than the typical Uzi/Uzi Variants. The accuracy was about the same.

There are already sub-guns in a multitude of man stopper calibers. The UMP in .45cal, MP-5 in it's .40cal variants. AR-15 platforms that are being created by companies that are the same length as a fixed stock MP-5 in 5.56mm to 7.62 with excellent reliability (shameless plug for the brother's company).

No need to reinvent the wheel or plug away at creating the next tool. Hold what you got and get proficient with what you have on hand. I'm pretty good at clubbing you to death with a pistol should it malfunction (training guns don't fire, but they still hurt).

Maybe should have just stuck with the "Shot it, it sucks!" ;)

HOLLiS
10-13-2007, 09:41
I have a Uzi carbine in 45 ACP, problem comes from a old bias. I was T/Oed on the M3 grease gun (NO I am not that old, it is that the Corps had really old weapons), the weight of the magazines was a lot. I told another that with four magazines on, your feet would sink into a concrete side walk. Problem with full auto is that they have to feed the need. Ammo consumption would require humping a lot of weight. For a Pistol/basic back up weapon, I feel the 45 is a excellent choice. The 45 For a full auto, unless I had a truck to carry ammo, I am not humping it.

BTW, the UZI in 45 shoot really great.

Razor
10-13-2007, 12:15
Don't feel badly, Hollis. When I was assigned arms room officer for my infantry company in the early 90s, we still had a handful of M3s waiting for turn-in and replacement by the M231 port firing weapon.

abc_123
10-13-2007, 12:37
My mech engineer company would have loved the M3's that you were turning in. They probably would have been "like new" to us. :D