PDA

View Full Version : H&K Jet Funnel Kit

82ndtrooper
10-12-2007, 17:12
Thought I'd mentione the H&K Jet Funnel Kit since an awful lot of us here own USP 9mm Lugers and USP .40 S&W full size pistols.

The Jet Funnel Kit was originally standard out of the box on the USP "Expert" models in 9mm Luger and .40 Smith. It enables the shooter to ramp up his mag capacity to 17+1 in the 9mm USP and 16+1 in the .40 Smith USP. H&K has made the Jet funnel Kit available for some time, however finding this kit has become even more difficult over the years for those wanting to add additional capacity to the weapon/s

This afternoon I installed the second Jet Funnel Kit on my USP9SD pistol. I found the kit at CDNN for $89 and the high cap mags for $49. The mags are a "white" body with black follower and black aluminum base plate that rolls up sligtly in the front to meet the Jet Funnel Kit flush when inserted in the weapon.

Instuctions: Very simple and only require a small hammer and pin punch. If you dont have pin punches then a very phillips head screw driver will do the trick.

First: Clear the weapon by removing the mag and racking the slide to eject the chambered round. (Had to mention for safety's sake)

Second: Find the retaining pin at the bottom of the back strap of the grip. It is just above the square looking piece that is separate from the grip that retains the mainspring into place. It will have the lanyard loop on the bottom. This is the same piece that has the lock key device to disable the weapon from operating.

Third: Using a small pin punch and hammer simply punch the pin slightly out to the opposite side. Leave it slightly inserted but with enough pin extending out of the weapon to grab with a set of small need nose plyers.

Fourth: IMPORTANT: While applying pressure to the mainspring retaining piece simply pull the pin all the out of the base of the weapon. You'll want to hold the mainspring retaining piece in place with lots of pressure other wise your mainspring and mainspring retaining piece will fly across the room or into your eye. Protective goggles or glasses is suggested.

Fifth: Assuming your not searching the room with your E2E Surefire light to locate your mainspring and retainer then simply place the supplied "NEW" Mainspring retainer into place. This will apply the appropriate amount of pressure on your mainspring and fit snugly into place. The new retainer has a theaded hole for the allen screw. I does not have a lanyard loop.

Sixth: Using the supplied allen wrench simply place the Jet Funnel (Flared mag well piece) over the new mainspring retainer. Insert the allen screw and tighten with the supplied allen wrench. I gave it a couple tugs to tighten it more securely.

Your done !! Now insert mags and assure their fit and release.

I got lucky and recieved all four mags with the LEO/Military use only stamp in black and the Obendorf markings. All four came in H&K bags thus giving me even more condidence that they are actually from H&K. The baseplates hould also have the HK logs on the bottom. The mags also have a reinforced upper. This appears to be a metal insert that is inside the mage covering about the first third of the top of the mage with a black follower. This the second USP that I have installed the Jet Funnel Kit.

With the flared mag well the weapon feels more secure in your hands during the double fisted shooting engagement. I feel the flared metal against the bottom of my palms and seems to provide even more support to my shooting hand and off hand. And, it's nice to have a .40 Smith and 9mm Luger with 17+1 and 16+1 rounds stuffed in the pistol.

You can find a pic of it here:http://www.cdnninvestments.com/hkusp9jekitn.html