PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Violence "Unreported"

Team Sergeant
10-09-2007, 14:17
Sunday night Phoenix County Hospital receives four gunshot victims. A certain surgeon I know pronounces one DOA, the second is worked on for 5 hours and is alive three and four have minor GSW's.

All shot at same place in Phoenix Sunday night, 7 Oct.

Not one report in the local news...... Four shot at the same time usually makes national news.... My guess is that they were all illegal's.

I have a cop looking into the shootings.

New Phoenix cop mission, make the good people of Phoenix "seem safe". Not kidding.

So now we don't report violent crime?

Team Sergeant

82ndtrooper
10-09-2007, 14:23
I'm betting their illegals too. The answer to your question regarding the MSM is obvious, but you already knew that. Where's the outrage ? Where's the coverage ?

However, your state does offer the best conditions for skydiving. Elroy I believe ? ;)

Team Sergeant
10-09-2007, 14:31
I'm betting their illegals too. The answer to your question regarding the MSM is obvious, but you already knew that. Where's the outrage ? Where's the coverage ?

However, your state does offer the best conditions for skydiving. Elroy I believe ? ;)

No coverage no outrage.

I don't skydive, I MFF.

TS

mdb23
10-09-2007, 14:44
I don't think it is that uncommon.

We routinely have multiple shootings within the same night, and it doesn't make the national news. Hell, we hae had 5 officers shot this year, and I don't think anyone outside the AO knows about it.

Many shooting are "no prosecution," with the victims refusing to talk to us or cooperate. It's the whole "no snitching" deal. Doesn't make for good news.

Five-O
10-09-2007, 16:24
So now we don't report violent crime?

Team Sergeant

If there is no report there is no problem. That's why crime stats that the mighty FBI roll up are so inaccurate.

AF IDMT
10-09-2007, 21:17
The general public has every right to know what our military tactics are while operations are ongoing, what our strengths and weaknesses are, where our troops are, and exactly how the police are fighting crime, but not when LEO's are shot in the line of duty or accurate crime rates? What's next, newspapers repolling people when they don't get the answers they are looking for? Oh, wait.....:rolleyes:

Ret10Echo
10-10-2007, 05:13
While living in Yuma (conducting MFF operations :cool:) I would watch the Phoenix network stations and noted that the level of violence seemed to be pretty high...even for a guy that lived outside of Boston. If I tried to look at the statistics, the Phoenix Metro is difficult to get a grip on because everything is reported according to the various towns that make up the metro area.

I believe that is the way the FBI crime stats are gathered. :confused:

82ndtrooper
10-10-2007, 05:56
Crime stats are hard enought to rely on even if they are from the FBI or Justice department.

If your inclined to believe the Brady Campaign to stop violence, then you'd have to believe that every funeral ever held on Sunday was the result of the use of a gun. Or, that no matter who many times the USDOJ and UCR name the back yard pool as the number one culprit of deaths of children under the age of 6 they are alway's going to put dismiss those numbers eroneously for their own agenda.

In other words, crime states are generally manufactured by what ever group dynamics and their desires want them to be.

Number one killer of chilren under th age of six........................Accidental discharge of a firearm in the home. Does anybody believe this ? Would they belive it if they read it and just skip doing their own homwork ? The Brady Campaing to stop Gun Violence still uses this false statement in almost all of it's literature, even the exact causes of deaths of children by gunshot or accidental discharge are about only 1/15 of the number of deaths of children that die in the back yard while mome or dad takes a nap.

Actually the number one killer of children under the age is six years is the back yard pool/drowning. So in other words, if you want increase the risk of your child being killed in the home just put an inground pool in the back yard, not your new firearm that is locked in the safe, with a gun lock through the action.

Just my rant for the day.

Goggles Pizano
10-10-2007, 07:48
What's next, newspapers repolling people when they don't get the answers they are looking for? Oh, wait.....:rolleyes:

...or a political party taking the result of a presidential vote into court in an attempt to reverse that result to their own end? Oh, wait...:rolleyes:

brianb0806
10-17-2007, 08:16
While living in Yuma (conducting MFF operations :cool:) I would watch the Phoenix network stations and noted that the level of violence seemed to be pretty high...even for a guy that lived outside of Boston. If I tried to look at the statistics, the Phoenix Metro is difficult to get a grip on because everything is reported according to the various towns that make up the metro area.

I believe that is the way the FBI crime stats are gathered. :confused:

When you were in Yuma, how much did you hear about shootings, vehicle assaults, etc on the border? I'm a Border Patrol Agent and work in the area and it is out of control. Not a squeak of the real situation. Sure, you hear some reports from Lou Dobbs and some politicians that run on a "border security" platform, but that doesn't even scratch the surface. It's not Iraq or Afghanistan, but it's a war zone, and it's in OUR house. We as federal agents and a federal law enforcement agency have been silenced. I would post a weekly incident recap as prepared by our public affairs office, but I would probably be fired for releasing sensitive material. It does however show the number of weapons, including hand grenades, BP seized in the last week, the TONS of drugs, the number of rapists, murderers, child molesters, gang members from MS-13, Mex Mafia, Surenos, Nortenos, etc, assaults on agents and civilians, incursions by the Mex military, tunnels, etc, etc, ad naseum. The philosophy of our leaders is "big cases, big problems...little cases, little problems...NO CASES, NO PROBLEMS!!" We are winning the war in Iraq and Afghan. despite what the media claims, and we a not even fighting the one right here at home. Stay safe, quiz your politicians about their immigration and border security stance, and hold them accountable when they lie.

I Can't resist. Here are just a few example of the "hardworking undocumented aliens" coming here to do jobs americans won't. Keep in mind that each of these is a seperate arrest and represents 1 week of nothing but child molestation arrests. Makes you wonder where Chris Hanson and Dateline were.

Records checks during processing revealed that the subject had a prior conviction for Child Molestation in Aberdeen, Washington.
Record checks revealed that the subject was convicted of Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child in Pasadena, TX.
Records checks revealed that the subject was convicted of Indecency with a Child in 2006.
Agents recognized the subject from a BOLO. The subject had an active warrant out for his arrest for "Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child” First Degree Felony from Ector County, Odessa, Texas.
Records checks indicated the subject was convicted of Sexual Assault of a Minor;
Record checks revealed that the subject had been convicted of Lewd or Lascivious Acts W/ Child under 14 and sentenced to 3 years in prison. The subject also admitted to being a member of the Sureno 13 Street Gang.
Record checks revealed that one of the subjects had an arrest warrant from the Marietta County Sheriff's Office in Georgia for Felony Child Molestation and 2nd Degree Forgery. The second subject had a prior felony conviction for Cruelty to Children in Cobb County Georgia.

Ret10Echo
10-17-2007, 10:10
When you were in Yuma, how much did you hear about shootings, vehicle assaults, etc on the border? I'm a Border Patrol Agent and work in the area and it is out of control. Not a squeak of the real situation. Sure, you hear some reports from Lou Dobbs and some politicians that run on a "border security" platform, but that doesn't even scratch the surface. It's not Iraq or Afghanistan, but it's a war zone, and it's in OUR house. We as federal agents and a federal law enforcement agency have been silenced. I would post a weekly incident recap as prepared by our public affairs office, but I would probably be fired for releasing sensitive material. It does however show the number of weapons, including hand grenades, BP seized in the last week, the TONS of drugs, the number of rapists, murderers, child molesters, gang members from MS-13, Mex Mafia, Surenos, Nortenos, etc, assaults on agents and civilians, incursions by the Mex military, tunnels, etc, etc, ad naseum. The philosophy of our leaders is "big cases, big problems...little cases, little problems...NO CASES, NO PROBLEMS!!" We are winning the war in Iraq and Afghan. despite what the media claims, and we a not even fighting the one right here at home. Stay safe, quiz your politicians about their immigration and border security stance, and hold them accountable when they lie.

I Can't resist. Here are just a few example of the "hardworking undocumented aliens" coming here to do jobs americans won't. Keep in mind that each of these is a seperate arrest and represents 1 week of nothing but child molestation arrests. Makes you wonder where Chris Hanson and Dateline were.

Records checks during processing revealed that the subject had a prior conviction for Child Molestation in Aberdeen, Washington.
Record checks revealed that the subject was convicted of Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child in Pasadena, TX.
Records checks revealed that the subject was convicted of Indecency with a Child in 2006.
Agents recognized the subject from a BOLO. The subject had an active warrant out for his arrest for "Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child” First Degree Felony from Ector County, Odessa, Texas.
Records checks indicated the subject was convicted of Sexual Assault of a Minor;
Record checks revealed that the subject had been convicted of Lewd or Lascivious Acts W/ Child under 14 and sentenced to 3 years in prison. The subject also admitted to being a member of the Sureno 13 Street Gang.
Record checks revealed that one of the subjects had an arrest warrant from the Marietta County Sheriff's Office in Georgia for Felony Child Molestation and 2nd Degree Forgery. The second subject had a prior felony conviction for Cruelty to Children in Cobb County Georgia.

If you knew somone that worked or had a relative that worked the border you heard all sorts of things. Technique changes...etc
You get used to the helicopters and search lights....and there is a reason that folks west of Andrade have 8 foot chain link and barbed-wire around their houses.
We looked at a place once while doing some house hunting. I called the realtor to see if we could take a look. She told us to just go in, the place was empty...and if she tried to lock it "they" would just break in anyway. By leaving it unlocked "they" would flow in and out without causing damage.

We didn't bother looking, just moved on...

Worst time was during harvest. You had to make sure all of your stuff was inside out of sight. The workers in the orchards had a habit of doing some late-night shopping of items they noted during the day...

It's a way of life down there.

But no, it isn't reported...because in most cases it doesn't happen:rolleyes:
and it doesn't help when CBP is prosecuting their own.

Stay safe...and thanks for the work.

R10

AF IDMT
10-17-2007, 22:36
...or a political party taking the result of a presidential vote into court in an attempt to reverse that result to their own end? Oh, wait...:rolleyes:

ZING!!!! Good one!:lifter