PDA

View Full Version : Woodsman's Pal

18C Dad
10-09-2007, 12:36
I've been thinking about buying one of these tools for some time but held off because they are pretty pricey (but made in the USA - Pennsylvania). I thought it would be good for clearing branches that inevitable fall during the Pacific NW winter storm season. I sent the company an e-mail yesterday asking them if they ever sold seconds. I received a response saying they did but I would have to call customer service. Did that today and ordered their premium model with knuckle guard and leather handle for $49.00 + shipping. Since it's a tool, I wasn't concerned cosmetic blems or appearance.

Anyways, if any of you are looking for one of these, call the customer service number at 1-800-708-5191 and see what's available. T

BTW - they are sending out a mass mailing next week to their mailing list so it might be prudent to call sooner than later.

Admins - if you feel this belongs in another location, please change at your discretion.

18 C Dad

The Reaper
10-09-2007, 13:25
Price reduction!

$45 each now, $34 each if you order two or more, but the sheaths run from $21-$35 each. Two premiums with one sheath was $89.

Thanks for the tip, great deal, and I had always wanted one as well.

TR

Bill Harsey
10-09-2007, 18:33
Good to see the fascine knife is still alive and well.

The Woodsman's Pal is built pretty stout and is "high function".

I know I don't have to tell you guys this but careful with short whacking blades, the compact tool can rotate pretty fast into stuff you don't want struck.

MAB32
10-10-2007, 10:59
I have one in my collection of "Aircrew Survival Equipment". I have always wanted 2 more, one for my vehicle and for the wife's. Thanks 18C for showing us this ad too!

Mr. Harsey,
I have always wanted to ask you this question about leather handles. What is the best product out there that will maintain the integrity of the leather for a very long time and with hard use?