PDA

View Full Version : WTC-Warrior Transition Course Issue/Dates

peepee1
10-08-2007, 22:56
Anyone from the 20th, well hell, from the 19th waiting to go to the WTC (Warrior Transition Course)? WELL, I just got the call a few days ago... They have dates for me! Drum Roll.......... July 12, 2008!!!

YGTBFSM... I cannot do ANYTHING until I attend this course (ie: go to selection)! I think this is ridiculous... anyone running into the same issues and if so, how are you attacking maybe getting something sooner? Any advice would be great. Ill do the "full basic" again if I can go next week!
peepee

disclaimer: I say this respectfully in ragards to our folks in the admin office who handle these things.

Plutarch
10-09-2007, 03:53
Here is a list of all the upcoming WTC classes. There are several before yours. Perhaps you could squeeze into one. Hope this helps.

https://www.atrrs.army.mil/atrrscc/courseInfo.aspx?fy=2008&sch=1005&crs=750-AT&crstitle=WARRIOR+TRANSITION&phase=

The Reaper
10-09-2007, 05:11
Anyone from the 20th, well hell, from the 19th waiting to go to the WTC (Warrior Transition Course)? WELL, I just got the call a few days ago... They have dates for me! Drum Roll.......... July 12, 2008!!!

YGTBFSM... I cannot do ANYTHING until I attend this course (ie: go to selection)! I think this is ridiculous... anyone running into the same issues and if so, how are you attacking maybe getting something sooner? Any advice would be great. Ill do the "full basic" again if I can go next week!
peepee

disclaimer: I say this respectfully in ragards to our folks in the admin office who handle these things.

Welcome to the Army.

The people we are looking for find a way to make things happen.

You can always enlist in the AD side. I am sure they can get you started quickly.

TR

peepee1
10-09-2007, 07:49
Welcome to the Army.

The people we are looking for find a way to make things happen.

You can always enlist in the AD side. I am sure they can get you started quickly.

TR

I will make it happen as I am not waiting until 12 Jul 2008... I won't stop until I get the answer I want... respectfully.

I have already enlisted into the state guard... I dont think this is an option now is it?

pp

jatx
10-09-2007, 07:55
I will make it happen as I am not waiting until 12 Jul 2008... I won't stop until I get the answer I want... respectfully.

I have already enlisted into the state guard... I dont think this is an option now is it?

pp

I'm assuming your recruiter was the one who scheduled you. Now might be a good time to meet your Training NCO.

peepee1
10-15-2007, 11:55
Just an update on this issue. I discovered that the Army regs state you must attend WTC within 180 days of enlistment. If you CANNOT attend WTC within that time period (ie: No dates available within that period), you can attend an MOS producing school like SFAS. You can also attend SOPC and Airborne as well. Just a heads up. If you need further details, PM me. Later
PP

Guy
10-15-2007, 12:59
Just an update on this issue. I discovered that the Army regs state you must attend WTC within 180 days of enlistment. If you CANNOT attend WTC within that time period (ie: No dates available within that period), you can attend an MOS producing school like SFAS. You can also attend SOPC and Airborne as well. Just a heads up. If you need further details, PM me. Later
PP:confused:

Stay safe.

The Reaper
10-15-2007, 13:19
PP

PP:

SFAS produces or awards no MOS.

The successfully completed SFQC does that.

TR

peepee1
10-15-2007, 21:06
Correction:

A non producing MOS school.

Understood. Sorry for the mistake.

PP

edited for error in wording.

peepee1
02-03-2008, 19:26
So a week ago, I had just finished rucking over 150 miles in about 7 days while freezing my ass off and wished I was done. Now I am at the Warrior Transition Course in Fort Sill Okl and I would rather be freezing my ass off at SFAS than doing this low speed stuff with a bunch of "hooah boys". I went on a 14 mile run yesterday and got in trouble?! The Drill Sgt told me not to run that far anymore and to use the track from now on. That would mean I have to make 56 laps... That drill sgt has never run 14 miles in her life obviously. Just a rant... Later.

Aequitas
02-04-2008, 10:51
Slow your roll stud...You have lots of time to rant and rave...esp as I see you are an 18D. You're going to be spending close to 2 yrs min (no recycles) in the SFQC. You'll have plenty of time to bitch and moan then. Try making the best of the situation and be an example of what a kid going into SF should look like...work on becoming a leader now and get the NCO groundwork laid. Good luck and stay safe.