PDA

View Full Version : SF Interview

bricklayer
10-01-2007, 15:56
October 2nd I have an interview with a SF recruiter, and im just curious of what to expect. Seeing that I will be going straight from work I am wondering if my attire will be acceptable or not.

Books
10-01-2007, 16:23
Can't say for sure since I'm not the Recruiter, but I always try to put my best foot forward when meeting new people, especially those from whom I would like a green light. Chances are, the fellow will understand your circumstance, however, why take the chance if you don't have to?

When I met the SGM and the CO and XO of my company, I was all pressed and polished, but the real interview was a board of team guys who, after PT, wanted to know why they should spend the money to send me to the Q.

Ball is in your court; big boy rules. Do what you think is right.

Good luck.

Books

bricklayer
10-01-2007, 19:06
Thanks for the information, thats basically what I figured. I will follow up and post what i think about it after the interview.

18C4V
10-01-2007, 22:49
Call the unit and ask. Each state does things differently.

bricklayer
10-02-2007, 16:45
Just got back from my interview with the 19th in Rhode Island. I have got to say I was very impressed with the SGT, and they answered a boat load of questions that I had. It is almost like a tight little family they have there and I felt very comfortable. I can truly see why they call themselves Quiet Professionals! Basically I got a no bs assesment of the rep-63 contract and how long my journey will actually be. I was well informed on BAH wich was very helpfull, and made me finalize my decision to sign up.

The Reaper
10-02-2007, 16:46
Just got back from my interview with the 19th in Rhode Island. I have got to say I was very impressed with the SGT, and they answered a boat load of questions that I had. It is almost like a tight little family they have there and I felt very comfortable. I can truly see why they call themselves Quiet Professionals! Basically I got a no bs assesment of the rep-63 contract and how long my journey will actually be. I was well informed on BAH wich was very helpfull, and made me finalize my decision to sign up.

You were interviewed by an E-5?

TR

bricklayer
10-02-2007, 17:59
The SGT I was introduced to who was in charge of the non qualified guys brought me in a room with a another fellow who was in civilian cloths and just gave me his name was the one who actually gave the interview. If your asking if he was an E-5 then I highly doubt he was. Sorry for the confusion in my post Sir.

mark46th
11-03-2007, 13:24
Things have changed. In 1971 while in the 5th SFG(A) I had an interview to go on a SCUBA team. First question was , "Can you run? Yes, sir. Can you play Pinnochle? Yes, sir. Can you drink? Yes, sir. Do you like Country and Western Music? Yes, Sir. The Captain said, "You'll do." Unfortunately(or fortunately), I received orders for Southeast Asia the next week and didn't get to go...

bricklayer
11-03-2007, 15:41
Things have changed. In 1971 while in the 5th SFG(A) I had an interview to go on a SCUBA team. First question was , "Can you run? Yes, sir. Can you play Pinnochle? Yes, sir. Can you drink? Yes, sir. Do you like Country and Western Music? Yes, Sir. The Captain said, "You'll do." Unfortunately(or fortunately), I received orders for Southeast Asia the next week and didn't get to go...

Cant say I have ever played Pinnochle.

incommin
11-03-2007, 18:05
There was a time long ago when you couldn't get promoted unless you could play Pinochle....:D

Jim

Hipshot
11-03-2007, 18:54
:confused:

What's going on with these young folks? Don't know how to play Pinnochle? There was a time when even the SF wives had to know how to play; mainly double deck.

Eagle5US
11-04-2007, 01:36
:confused:

What's going on with these young folks? Don't know how to play Pinnochle? There was a time when even the SF wives had to know how to play; mainly double deck.
Went to cribbage. :D

Eagle

mark46th
11-05-2007, 17:05
Yup- Double deck pinnochle for lunch, Poker after supper...