PDA

View Full Version : Green Beret Knife Raffle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Team Sergeant
10-01-2007, 09:57
OK ladies and gents another Professional Soldiers "RAFFLE!" this time a Green Beret Knife.

All proceeds from this raffle will go to keep ProfessionalSoldiers.com up and running.

Each raffle ticket is $1.00 (one dollar ea).

This knife was donated by Chris Reeve and Bill Harsey. The knife is also signed by both Bill and Chris.

This raffle will only last until Dec 15th.

(No ProfessionalSoldiers staff or immediate family members may participate in this raffle. (Staff is all admins and moderators))

A SASE (That’s a "self-addressed stamped envelope" Ken Brock.) with checks or money orders payable to;

"Professional Soldiers"

Address is;

Professional Soldiers
PO Box 271
Litchfield Park, AZ
85340-0271

Snaquebite
10-01-2007, 10:16
NICE!!!

I won't miss out on this one...

tom kelly
10-01-2007, 11:57
My check is in the mail as soon as I post this reply.I have two of the Chris Reeve / Bill Harsey knives,The Yarborough and The 50th Anniversary edition of The 1st Special Forces Gp. They are both world class knives that carry a lifetime guarantee....Regards,tom kelly

echoes
10-01-2007, 12:10
Greetings.

Ruby slippers clapping...but in any case, the raffle money will goto PS.com, so all the merrier! :) Good luck to everyone!

Holly

Guy
10-01-2007, 17:31
How many tickets did you get printed up?

Stay safe.

Snaquebite
10-01-2007, 17:53
How many tickets did you get printed up?

Stay safe.

Don't tell him...PM me the answerr....:rolleyes:

Guy
10-01-2007, 18:52
Don't tell him...PM me the answerr....:rolleyes:I need a 100 tickets...:p

Stay safe.

Indian
10-01-2007, 23:27
I'll peak my head out enough to say the GB is the best knife I've owned so far. Not gonna miss a chance for another one!

Back to lurking.....after I go to the post office.

Dominus_Potior
10-02-2007, 01:38
Um yeah, there goes another 200 dollars.

vsvo
10-02-2007, 11:41
Check sent!

kgoerz
10-02-2007, 14:52
Check is in the Mail. WAIT! I see someone is trying to Bogart Tickets. They will try to better their odds by procuring more Tickets. Buying the Lottery. OK Mitt Romney remember what happened to Pablo Escobar when he tried to buy every Edition of the Sunday El Tiempo.
Maybe there is, Maybe there isn't another check in the Mail.
After this I am going to just Buy one. Really I am.

Dominus_Potior
10-03-2007, 03:26
You know if we could pay with paypal, this would be much easier and safer. Just a suggestion.

Shar
10-03-2007, 07:51
You know if we could pay with paypal, this would be much easier and safer. Just a suggestion.

Except they'd take a pretty decent chunk of the money for themselves.

See also:
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13709&highlight=paypal
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12342&highlight=paypal&page=2

CoLawman
10-03-2007, 08:06
Should I also include a Self Addressed Cardboard box for my raffle prize?

Team Sergeant
10-03-2007, 08:53
Should I also include a Self Addressed Cardboard box for my raffle prize?

LOL, ProfessionalSoldiers will pay the insurance and shipping charges.;)

Team Sergeant
10-03-2007, 08:57

Not a problem with checks, money orders either, they clear, I send the raffle tickets, they bounce, I'll be keeping track of who gets what ticket numbers.......

paypal has too many problems....

JustinW20
10-05-2007, 08:58
Just got back from a business trip. Check sent out!

kgoerz
10-05-2007, 13:41
Except they'd take a pretty decent chunk of the money for themselves.

See also:
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13709&highlight=paypal
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12342&highlight=paypal&page=2

I would pay the extra 3%. If you add check cashing or Money order fees. Even the price of a stamp. But most of all the convenience of Pay Pal. It's well worth it. But if it will make it easier for TS to send me the Knife, check is good to.

lksteve
10-09-2007, 17:49
I won't miss out on this one...you can play, but you ain't gonna win...:boohoo

Team Sergeant
10-16-2007, 09:31
A forum member and parent of an SF soldier has donated a plaque to place the Green Beret knife on...... This is an extremely high quality plaque and made to attach the Yarbrough knife.

This plaque will be added to the current Green Beret knife raffle.:D

Team Sergeant

kgoerz
10-16-2007, 10:10
The plaque looks nice, thanks to the Person who was kind enough to donate it. One question......Will it require you to drill a hole thru the knife for mounting?:D

10-16-2007, 10:59
The plaque is pre-drilled and contains mounting hardware that is shipped with the plaque. Detailed mounting instructions are provided as well. If you look at your Yarborough, Green Beret or Pacific knife (any of them will work with this plaque), you'll notice that the handles are secured by a machine screw/nutsert arrangement. All you have to do is remove (2) of the screws using a 1/8" allen wrench, hold the knife to the plaque, insert the longer machine screws (supplied) through the pre-drilled holes in the plaque and tighten them up. Very simple and very secure -and no damge to your knife. The plaque has wall hangers already mounted on the back, so you can mount it on the wall or display it on a plate holder. It's made out of 1/2" thick acrylic, laser routed with flame polished edges making it look like glass, with high quality automotive type vinyl graphics depicting the SF crest. It's the real deal for the Quiet Professionals. I was proud to make one for my son, and will be proud to provide one to any Quiet Professional or owner of the Chris Reeve knives . I hope my donation pumps up the sales benefitting the PS site. Hey Team Sergeant - where's my raffle tickets??????
Regards,
Dan
The plaque looks nice, thanks to the Person who was kind enough to donate it. One question......Will it require you to drill a hole thru the knife for mounting?:D

kgoerz
10-16-2007, 17:14
The plaque is pre-drilled and contains mounting hardware that is shipped with the plaque. Detailed mounting instructions are provided as well. If you look at your Yarborough, Green Beret or Pacific knife (any of them will work with this plaque), you'll notice that the handles are secured by a machine screw/nutsert arrangement. All you have to do is remove (2) of the screws using a 1/8" allen wrench, hold the knife to the plaque, insert the longer machine screws (supplied) through the pre-drilled holes in the plaque and tighten them up. Very simple and very secure -and no damge to your knife. The plaque has wall hangers already mounted on the back, so you can mount it on the wall or display it on a plate holder. It's made out of 1/2" thick acrylic, laser routed with flame polished edges making it look like glass, with high quality automotive type vinyl graphics depicting the SF crest. It's the real deal for the Quiet Professionals. I was proud to make one for my son, and will be proud to provide one to any Quiet Professional or owner of the Chris Reeve knives . I hope my donation pumps up the sales benefitting the PS site. Hey Team Sergeant - where's my raffle tickets??????
Regards,
Dan

I wasn't serious about drilling a hole in the Knife. But, thanks again for the Plaque, that sounds like it will work out great. Now......where to hang it.........

Gypsy
10-16-2007, 17:26
INow......where to hang it.........

It will look great in my living room. :D

Very nice "extra"....

Check will go out shortly, saving up some extra bucks. ;)

Team Sergeant
10-17-2007, 09:45
Hey Team Sergeant - where's my raffle tickets??????
Regards,
Dan

I'm only headed to the PO box once every two weeks....... as we draw closer to the raffle date I'll go more often...;)

I'll be placing the first batch in the mail today.

Team Sergeant

Team Sergeant
10-18-2007, 11:55
Heads up!

You need not fill out every ticket with name address phone number…..

Since we’re not selling millions of raffle tickets I have logged the name, ticket serial numbers, how many and what color the ticket is, yes we’re using a few different ticket colors. I have ensured that even the different color tickets have different serial numbers.

Just make a simple mark on each raffle ticket, like a line that transects both tickets. Keep the one that says “Keep this Coupon” send me back the other. (If there is a dispute we’ll simply match up the lines, since they are all serial numbered there should be no disputes……;))

On Dec 15th we’ll hold the drawing and name the winner.

You people that are purchasing $100 worth, I hate you;), you will be receiving brown envelopes that my dog licked to close.
And you that purchased more than $100 worth, have fun marking those tickets! I hate you most of all. :D

We're quickly closing on $1000 worth of tickets sold.

Team Sergeant

Snaquebite
10-18-2007, 12:30
You people that are purchasing $100 worth, I hate you, you will be receiving brown envelopes that my dog licked to close.

Only AFTER licking his balls or butt I hope......:D

echoes
10-18-2007, 12:40
Only AFTER licking his balls or butt I hope......:D

ewwwwww! Kay, I'm using gloves to open my envelpoe...:p

Holly

DDD
10-18-2007, 16:02
TS,
Check goes out tomorrow.

BTW, You don't have to lick your dog's balls when you cash it.

kgoerz
10-18-2007, 20:50
It will look great in my living room. :D

Very nice "extra"....

Check will go out shortly, saving up some extra bucks. ;)

You don't understand, the plaque is for the Knife. Not to hang up a Bowl of Potpourri:D

Gypsy
10-19-2007, 18:12
You don't understand, the plaque is for the Knife. Not to hang up a Bowl of Potpourri:D

LOL! :p My place is so small if I hung another thing on the wall the building might collapse. Actually when I win, I've already decided it's going to a QP...who knows who.... :D

lksteve
10-19-2007, 19:34
Actually when I win, I've already decided it's going to a QP...who knows who....handle first, i hope...?

kgoerz
10-19-2007, 19:39
handle first, i hope...?

Time to clean my screen off.

Gypsy
10-19-2007, 21:22
handle first, i hope...?

Oh, snap! :D Yes...handle first.

Team Sergeant
10-27-2007, 10:54
I did mention that this knife is signed by both Chris Reeve and Bill Harsey?;)

kgoerz
10-27-2007, 23:06
I did mention that this knife is signed by both Chris Reeve and Bill Harsey?;)

When they get ready to finish. Tell them, Just my first name will be good
To "my first name" The Humblest Man we Know.....:D

Team Sergeant
11-09-2007, 20:53
You guys that sent the SASE (smaller than a dollar bill) and purchase 100 tickets, funny guys.....;)

You know who you are.....:rolleyes:

We're almost at a month left......

There's hundreds more tickets!;)

TS

11-10-2007, 10:12
You guys that sent the SASE (smaller than a dollar bill) and purchase 100 tickets, funny guys.....;)

You know who you are.....:rolleyes:

We're almost at a month left......

There's hundreds more tickets!;)

TS
Is this the Green Beret Knife Raffle that also has the fabulous Special Forces plaque to mount it on??????????? And all proceeds go to the Professional Soldiers Website???? Keep those cards and letters coming!:D

hoepoe
11-10-2007, 10:30
TS

Good morning

Is this open to international members?

Thanks

H

Team Sergeant
11-10-2007, 10:57
TS

Good morning

Is this open to international members?

Thanks

H

Sure!

kgoerz
11-10-2007, 18:27
Sure!

Oh, thats just GREAT!........lets invite the Democrats while we are at also:D

Team Sergeant
12-01-2007, 08:41
15 days left........;)

Team Sergeant
12-06-2007, 13:22
Nine days left to enter the Green Beret Knife raffle.

I'll be going to the PO Box every day now until the 15th!

Tickets are only One dollar each!;)

Team Sergeant

Shar
12-06-2007, 16:42
I just put my donation in my very first Christmas card to go out for the season. It may end up being my only Christmas card to go out for the season. :D

Team Sergeant
12-06-2007, 16:51
Listen up, if you want to enter but don't want to fill out the tickets just send a check and I'll send you your tickets and place the other half in the bag.

They are all serial numbered and I've recorded all who have purchased tickets and their sequence numbers. (I did this in case I had a bounced check from someone I didn't know;))

Send those checks!

Everyone that's reading this can enter (except ProfessionalSoldiers.com Staff and their families.)

Someones going to win a very cool knife.

Did I mention it's signed by both Bill Harsey and Chris Reeve?

Team Sergeant

CPTAUSRET
12-06-2007, 17:52
Listen up, if you want to enter but don't want to fill out the tickets just send a check and I'll send you your tickets and place the other half in the bag.

They are all serial numbered and I've recorded all who have purchased tickets and their sequence numbers. (I did this in case I had a bounced check from someone I didn't know;))

Send those checks!

Everyone that's reading this can enter (except ProfessionalSoldiers.com Staff and their families.)

Team Sergeant

That kinda excludes me!

Next time!:)

Team Sergeant
12-11-2007, 15:59
4 days left.

They are all serial numbered and I've recorded all who have purchased tickets and their sequence numbers. (I did this in case I had a bounced check from someone I didn't know)

Send those checks!

Remember a cool plaque will be added to the current Green Beret knife raffle.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15901&page=2

Team Sergeant

P.S.

George & Patrick,

I separated your tickets and placed them in the barrel and sent you back the other half! (You don't need to respond to this post.)

kgoerz
12-11-2007, 19:53
I already cleared a spot on my wall for the plaque.......think positive

4 days left.

They are all serial numbered and I've recorded all who have purchased tickets and their sequence numbers. (I did this in case I had a bounced check from someone I didn't know)

Send those checks!

Remember a cool plaque will be added to the current Green Beret knife raffle.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15901&page=2

Team Sergeant

P.S.

George & Patrick,

I separated your tickets and placed them in the barrel and sent you back the other half! (You don't need to respond to this post.)

Team Sergeant
12-13-2007, 10:45
I already cleared a spot on my wall for the plaque.......think positive

LOL

I'll be "filming" when we pull the ticket from the bag.....:D

Two more days left.

Nice knife!;)

Team Sergeant
12-15-2007, 13:22
I'm going to go check my P.O. box to see if there are any more returned tickets;)

Then have lunch, run a few errands, do some XMAS shopping, walk my dogs, have dinner........:rolleyes:

Then I will ensure all the tickets are nicely shaken in the bag.....

(I think I'll video the picking of the winning ticket.)

Then I'll post the winning ticket/number.

You'll know who you are after that.

Be back in a few hours.;)

Team Sergeant

The Reaper
12-15-2007, 14:07
I move that you let one of the girls draw the winning ticket.

TR

CoLawman
12-15-2007, 21:59
[QUOTE=Team Sergeant;191623]4 days left.

Do you ever have one of those moments where you realize you should have read the instructions? :o

Bill Harsey
12-15-2007, 22:12
I move that you let one of the girls draw the winning ticket.

TR

And get them little black Zoro masks to protect their identity.

Team Sergeant
12-15-2007, 22:19
We have a winner....................

Ticket number#

Congratulations!

Trip_Wire (RIP)
12-16-2007, 13:29
We have a winner....................

Ticket number#

Congratulations!

VERIFIED!

I WON! :eek: :lifter

I also got a call from the TS this AM telling me that I had won the raffle! I had been up late last night watching some Netflick movie DVDs. So, I was still in bed with the TV on, sort of sleepaly watching the CBS Sunday Morning, when the phone rang.

My first thought was who the heck was calling me this early, on a Sunday morning, must be trouble! :confused:

TS told me that I had won the knife! I was in a state of SHOCK! I could hardly talk!

What a great way to wake up!! I'm overwhelmed! What a great Christmas present! I'll cherish it!

Thanks PS for a GREAT Knife! :D

hoepoe
12-16-2007, 13:51
VERIFIED!

I also got a call from the TS this AM telling me that I had won the raffle! I had been up late last night watching some Netflick movie DVDs. So, I was still in bed with the TV on, sort of sleepaly watching the CBS Sunday Morning, when the phone rang.

My first thought was who the heck was calling me this early, on a Sunday morning, must be trouble! :confused:

TS told me that I had won the knife! I was in a state of SHOCK! I could hardly talk!

What a great way to wake up!! I'm overwhelmed! What a great Christmas present! I'll cherish it!

Congrats!!!!

H

echoes
12-16-2007, 13:55
Trip Wire,

Congradulations Sir! :)

Holly

SF_BHT
12-16-2007, 14:04
CONGRATS

kgoerz
12-16-2007, 14:32
VERIFIED!

Good going Bro

The Reaper
12-16-2007, 15:16
Glad that it went to a QP.

Well-deserved.

Thanks to all for participating.

TR

PSM
12-16-2007, 15:21
Congratulations, TW! :lifter

Pat

Gypsy
12-16-2007, 22:40
Congrats Trip_Wire!!

grog18b
12-17-2007, 06:19
Congrats TW. I was 10 tickets off... Oh well... Maybe next time. (There IS gonna be a next time???) :D

CoLawman
12-17-2007, 08:00
cONGRATULATIONS Trip!

CRad
12-17-2007, 10:26
TW I am truly pleased that you won this wonderful knife. Congrats!

JustinW20
12-17-2007, 11:06
Congrats, TW!

Team Sergeant
12-17-2007, 13:49
Mailed it this morning..... knife and plaque.

Let us know when you receive them Trip-Wire!;)

Team Sergeant

Trip_Wire (RIP)
12-17-2007, 21:33
Mailed it this morning..... knife and plaque.

Let us know when you receive them Trip-Wire!;)

Team Sergeant

Will do TS! :D

vsvo
12-19-2007, 14:21
Congrats TW!

Trip_Wire (RIP)
12-20-2007, 14:07
Thanks Guys!

A side note:

Hi TS,

The box with the knife and sheath arrived today (12.20.07) at about 1030 Hrs. I assume the plaque is in a separate package.

Of course the knife looks BEAUTIFUL! It makes me proud to be it's owner! I now have this knife as well as the numbered 1st SFG(A) knife (Pacific) A great collection! :D :lifter

x SF med
12-20-2007, 14:52
Congrats, Trip!

LibraryLady
12-20-2007, 16:23
Congratulations Trip_Wire!

LL

Team Sergeant
12-20-2007, 19:03
Thanks Guys!

I assume the plaque is in a separate package.

You assume correctly!;)

Look for a large flat package.......

Trip_Wire (RIP)
12-22-2007, 14:38
The large flat package arrived in today's mail at 1230 hours.

The SF plaque arrived intact and in good order! This completes the package! :D:lifter