PDA

View Full Version : It was a great day in Baseball today

Sdiver
09-28-2007, 22:06
How 'bout dem CUBBIES !!!!!

Chicago Cubs clinch the NL Central with a win over the Reds 6-0, and the Brewers loss to the Padres.

:lifter :lifter :lifter :lifter

Goggles Pizano
09-29-2007, 09:21
I'll see your Cubbies, and raise you a Fight'n Phillies! :D

Congrats on the win and good luck in the playoffs!

JMI
09-29-2007, 11:17
Would be really nice to see the Cubs vs the Indians in the World Series.
:lifter

Sdiver
09-29-2007, 18:37
Would be really nice to see the Cubs vs the Indians in the World Series.

Hell....it would be nice to see the Cubs vs anyone in the World Series. :D

MAB32
10-05-2007, 19:41
And the way the Tribe played today it just might happen!:lifter:lifter:lifter:lifter

CoLawman
10-05-2007, 20:02
Hell....it would be nice to see the Cubs vs anyone in the World Series. :D

Sorry Sdiver, but the only way the Cubs go to the World Series is through Colorado you traitorous scoundrel!

JMI
10-06-2007, 12:20
And the way the Tribe played today it just might happen!:lifter:lifter:lifter:lifter
Great game lst night. Tribe is looking good. Carmona pitching 9 innings was incredible, and striking out ARod with a man on 2nd was outstanding!

GO TRIBE!

lksteve
10-06-2007, 14:18
...you traitorous scoundrel!probably a transplant...;)

Ret10Echo
10-06-2007, 14:23
Great game lst night. Tribe is looking good. Carmona pitching 9 innings was incredible, and striking out ARod with a man on 2nd was outstanding!

GO TRIBE!

Who smuggled the insects in ?

Back to the better half of the AL...I am happy the fans are paying attention in Boston. Not sure what sort of momentum swing would have occured if the foul ball was caught by the Angel's catcher.

2-0 heading to the Left coast...

Sdiver
10-08-2007, 00:06
Sorry Sdiver, but the only way the Cubs go to the World Series is through Colorado you traitorous scoundrel!

You mean, they have to buy tickets now, like everyone else. :(

Oh well, we've said it before, and I'll say it again.....

"Next year will be our year."

probably a transplant...;)

That I am sir....that I am. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and reserve my seat for the Colorado Rockies Bandwagon, (Much like everyone else here in town.)

lksteve
10-08-2007, 14:35
That I am sir....that I am. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and reserve my seat for the Colorado Rockies Bandwagon, (Much like everyone else here in town.)i noticed that attendence was well below the earlier years, up until they won 13 out of 14 in the end...then all the bandwagoneers hopped on...:rolleyes:

hell, i wasn't a transplant, i was a Coloradan by virtue of marriage...up until i moved here...

now, i'm still a transplant, but at least i'm not from California...

Ret10Echo
10-09-2007, 04:42
Interesting number tossed out on ESPN Radio this A.M.

Since the last Yankees World Series victory, G. Steinbrenner has paid out over 1.1 Billion in salaries.....with no championship to show for it.

October shake up in the Bronx?

Sdiver
10-09-2007, 08:40
i noticed that attendence was well below the earlier years, up until they won 13 out of 14 in the end...then all the bandwagoneers hopped on...:rolleyes:

Boy if THAT's not the truth. :rolleyes:
The whole town is now jumping on the "Rockies Bandwagon". Tickets for the NLCS games were sold out in in less than 12 hours, and people yesterday were line for WS tickets, before they were told to go home.

Hell, even Broadway plays got in on the act. I went to see SPAMALOT Sunday night, and there was a banner up in the "Band" area (Orchestra) saying, "GO ROCKIES", and towards the end of the show, the cast brings a member of the audience up on stage (I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it), and they mention the Rockies, and the whole place went nvts.

Well, at least we have a sports team to cheer for, (aside from the AVS), seeing that the Broncos are, shall we say, Sucking BIG time.

Sooooo.....GO ROCKIES !!!!! :lifter

hell, i wasn't a transplant, i was a Coloradan by virtue of marriage...up until i moved here...

now, i'm still a transplant, but at least i'm not from California...

Thank God for that. These Damn Californians, I swear, I'm gonna start running them off the roads, pretty soon. They're almost as bad as those Damn TEXICANS. ;)

BTW....SPAMALOT was a riot. If you have a chance and are a Monty Python fan, even if you aren't, you'll still enjoy it, go see it.

JMI
10-09-2007, 10:49
GO TRIBE!!!!

Needle D
10-09-2007, 11:33
Just like any other year for the last 101 years all Cubs fans end the season saying "wait 'til next year".

MAB32
10-09-2007, 11:53
JMI,

THANKS! Last night was one of those games that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I thought for sure that the Cleveland Curse was going to intervene in the last 3 innings for sure, but "The Finisher" came out and did his job and we shut there expectations down fairly quickly. Now with Boston around the corner its going to be a little harder to stay ahead if we even get that far.

What I don't understand is the thing with the Rockies, what is so special with them that New York now wants them to win the series:confused:

GO TRIBE!!!!

vsvo
10-10-2007, 21:32
BTW....SPAMALOT was a riot. If you have a chance and are a Monty Python fan, even if you aren't, you'll still enjoy it, go see it.

Concur, we saw it in NYC a couple of weeks ago. They pulled no punches. I was LMAO, but I'll bet there were a few people squirming uncomfortably in their seats.

OMG, the Yankees are out, whoever in the world will LeBron James root for now?:rolleyes:

Sdiver
10-11-2007, 22:00
aka....

The Colorado Rockies

Are these guys for real ???!!! :eek:

Holy cats, they just took game 1 in the NLCS from the D-backs, 5-1, in the dessert, and took it playing, a nearly flawless game.

If they keep going the way they're going, we most definatelly could see a WS here, and dare I say it....dare, dare.....a WS CHAMPION in LODO ????

lksteve
10-12-2007, 08:30
If they keep going the way they're going, we most definatelly could see a WS here, and dare I say it....dare, dare.....a WS CHAMPION in LODO ????There could be six games left in the NLCS...and there is the whole prospect of a seven game world series...there is a looooong way to go...

Do you really want to see houses in your neighborhood painted purple and black...? That happened in '77 (orange and blue) when the Donkeys went to the SB for the first time...

Ret10Echo
10-12-2007, 08:40
aka....

The Colorado Rockies

Are these guys for real ???!!! :eek:

Holy cats, they just took game 1 in the NLCS from the D-backs, 5-1, in the dessert, and took it playing, a nearly flawless game.

If they keep going the way they're going, we most definatelly could see a WS here, and dare I say it....dare, dare.....a WS CHAMPION in LODO ????

The NLCS does not beget a WS championship..... I believe there are a band of "Idiots" up in Boston that have a different plan...:D

Sdiver
10-16-2007, 00:19
Colorado Rockies are National League Camps !!!!
Sweep the D-backs to earn a spot to the World Series for the 1st time in franchise history.

Okay, these guys got me believing now. Winning 21 of their last 22 games. Sweeping the NLDS and then again sweeping the NLCS. Incredible. :lifter

Do you really want to see houses in your neighborhood painted purple and black...? That happened in '77 (orange and blue) when the Donkeys went to the SB for the first time...

Well seeing that Halloween is just around the corner, people just have to change their Orange bunting for Purple. So it's not really a big deal.

Today, the mayor of Denver changed the name of the street that runs next to Coors field (21st street) to "Rockies Road". :rolleyes:

The NLCS does not beget a WS championship..... I believe there are a band of "Idiots" up in Boston that have a different plan...:D

Don't know....the way the Tribe has been playing, winning their last 2, one of which was in Boston, those "Idiots" have some serious playing to do. :munchin

Urocyon
10-22-2007, 12:16
Unfortunately for the Rockies, Sox win ALCS. Maybe next year Colorado. :boohoo