PDA

View Full Version : Full moon from the Rockies

Firebeef
09-27-2007, 06:23
Took a hike and saw the moonrise last night. Looking east from Round Mountain, in the Big Thompson Canyon overlooking Loveland, CO and US 34 *t(the bright linear lights). Hope you enjoy

82ndtrooper
09-27-2007, 06:54
You live in the same city as my younger son. He goes to Central High, freshman, and made the Varsity Track and Cross Country team just a couple of weeks ago.

I love the pics and am planning on a hiking trip next spring break with him.

Thanks for sharing.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
09-27-2007, 10:52
Terrific shots.

SFS0AVN
09-27-2007, 11:39
Makes me homesick, I love the Rockies.

Firebeef
09-27-2007, 12:16
thanks. glad you all like. we don't get the colors of New England, but a cool, clear, autumn night with a harvest moon is hard to beat in the Rockies!!

clapdoc
09-27-2007, 14:31
Great shots. Colorado is my favorite state.

Nonna
09-27-2007, 15:09
I saw the same lovely moon last night shining through my trees, the glow was so bright and almost ghostly. That's one of the blessings of having such clean, cool air here in the west. Love the cool sleeping nights, and great comfortable dry days of September.

Gypsy
09-27-2007, 15:11
Gorgeous pictures!

echoes
09-27-2007, 17:25
thanks. glad you all like. we don't get the colors of New England, but a cool, clear, autumn night with a harvest moon is hard to beat in the Rockies!!

Sir,

Wish I was there right now...the closest I ever came was hiking outside Durango to Emerald Lake, one fall. Will never forget it... Beautiful!

Holly

Sdiver
09-27-2007, 17:43
Doug,
Awesome shots. I watched the moon come up the past couple of nights, and then this morning, was able to watch it set.

Moon rises are awesome, but watching a full moon set over the hills, were the air is that nice clean crisp type air, before the smog, and dust is kicked up in the day time.....VERY awesome.

Thanks for sharing.

dmgedgoods
09-27-2007, 18:04
Doug,
Awesome shots. I watched the moon come up the past couple of nights, and then this morning, was able to watch it set.

Moon rises are awesome, but watching a full moon set over the hills, were the air is that nice clean crisp type air, before the smog, and dust is kicked up in the day time.....VERY awesome.

Thanks for sharing.

I leave for work at 430 and fish the reservoir that our project is sitting on. The moon was high this morning...absolutely stunning watching the moon sink and sun rise with the crisp air and light mist rising off the water.

Thank you for the inspirational shots. Your pictures have motivated me to capture the moment myself.

McD

vsvo
09-28-2007, 10:29
Beautiful shots. Thank you for sharing.

echoes
09-28-2007, 14:51
Doug,

Thanks for sharing.

Sdiver,

Never thought I would say this, but you are a poet! :)

Holly

Sdiver
09-28-2007, 19:19
Sdiver,

Never thought I would say this, but you are a poet! :)

Holly

And I didn't even know it. ;) :D