PDA

View Full Version : Harsey D2 Folder

JustinW20
09-21-2007, 22:24
Just got one of these as a birthday present. Without a doubt the finest folder I've ever owned. Looks very similar to the T2 folder, but with a hidden mechanism to make the knife a double action automatic. The double action mechanism is amazing - automatic opening with the option of using a more conventional thumb stud! Thank you Mr. Harsey for making such an outstanding knife!

SF_BHT
09-21-2007, 22:30
OK where are the photos? Sounds good but would like to see it if you can.:munchin

JustinW20
09-21-2007, 22:36
Just got it out of the box tonight. :D I'll try to get some pics up by the end of the weekend.

slcraig
09-22-2007, 05:54
I tried to order one but because of the automatic opening they can't ship to Australia...will have to buy one on my upcoming trip and ship it myself.

AxeMan
09-22-2007, 08:25
I just got the same knife yesterday in the mail. It is the smooth blade version. You are right, it is an excellent and finely crafted knife. I will be using it as my primary overseas here very shortly. I was lucky and was able to have Mr. Harsey engrave his signature on the knife.

..........MDW

The Reaper
09-22-2007, 11:45
Justin:

There is already a thread about this knife, please search before starting new threads. It is probably a good idea for new members not to start threads at all for a while.

Great design, but this is the first knife I have gotten from Lone Wolf with problems.

I had some chipping problems with the blade in cutting light plastic, with the designer's assitance, senior people from LW asked me to send it back. I will attach photos, if anyone is interested. My belief is that the edge was excessively hardened, Lone Wolf informed me that they would get with Crucible steel about the issue.

The Customer Service department took their time, about a month, if memory serves me, said that they could find no problems with it and and eventually offered to either resharpen the blade or to replace the knife. Nothing further was forthcoming about why the edge failed or if Crucible noted anything out of the ordinary.

I opted for the latter, and the replacement blade has been satisfactory in the light use I have put it to. Frankly, I worry about it failing as well and will not carry it for serious work given the lack of responsiveness to my concerns from Lone Wolf. To their credit, they did replace the knife, but denied any defects in the previous version.

I hope that they have resolved the issue and you guys have a better experience. If you have to contact Customer Service, based on my experience, be prepared for a multi-week wait.

This is to take nothing away from the design, which is a great large, auto-opening folder with excellent grip and utility.

TR

JustinW20
09-23-2007, 14:05
Here's some pics of the new toy. Not nearly the professional quality some folks post on this site, but it should give you an idea. Open, closed, and next to a Spyderco Delica (my "suit knife") just to give you an idea of the size. Hope you like.

JustinW20
09-23-2007, 14:08
TR-

My apologies. I did a search and saw lots of hits for the T2, but not the D2. Back to lurking and reading.

Justin